• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Peter repented in tears. Judas who was just as much saved as Peter was, "by transgression fell" and betrayed Christ, he never repented.

Im not a Judas fan, but, i think that when a person believes they can lose their salvation, then the entire bible becomes to them, an effort to prove it.

And for those of you who love to take part in that ongoing fiasco, i suggest you learn how to win souls and disciple new converts instead, as it'll be a lot more impressive at your Judgement Seat experience, then to tell Jesus that all you ever really learned to do was FIGHT OSAS onLINE.

(you can do better, im sure of it)/

Hazard, Am i right in esteeming you to be a person who believes you can become "unborn again" and with 'Christ in you, the hope of Glory", you'll both end up in hell if you were to "lose it"?

Or perhaps you can show me a scripture in the New Testament that says Jesus will leave you, and the Holy Spirit will be removed from you if you are not a good..........________________.

And regarding Judas never repenting....... You didnt find that theory in the bible, but you did find it in the commentary that you have memorized and are using here to relay  your opinions, thereby.

What i can say about Judas is that he was "born for such a time as this", and that Jesus knew what he would do even before He chose him.....which is very interesting, if  you consider it.

In the end, Judas could not live with his choice, and im not so certain that hanging yourself for your deed of betraying the only Righteous Blood is not the most obvious and true repentance of all. (in his case).

The good news is, that had there been no Judas, there would have been no cross., as one eventually led to the other.

Isn't the plan of God, as related to the Atonement, a very interesting one when you truly look at all the parts that created the end result?

Here is something else for all those that love to trace it all back to the reason for it all......... In the Foreknowledge of God, He knew that Judas would betray Jesus even before Judas was born or before Jesus was with Mary.

Just as surely as Christ was born for the Cross, Judas was born to play an enormous role in getting him there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Im not a Judas fan, but, i think that when a person believes they can lose their salvation, then the entire bible becomes to them, an effort to prove it.

And for those of you who love to take part in that ongoing fiasco, i suggest you learn how to win souls and disciple new converts instead, as it'll be a lot more impressive at your Judgement Seat experience, then to tell Jesus that all you ever really learned to do was FIGHT OSAS onLINE.

(you can do better, im sure of it)/

Hazard, Am i right in esteeming you to be a person who believes you can become "unborn again" and with 'Christ in you, the hope of Glory", you'll both end up in hell if you were to "lose it"?

Or perhaps you can show me a scripture in the New Testament that says Jesus will leave you, and the Holy Spirit will be removed from you if you are not a good..........________________.

And regarding Judas never repenting....... You didnt find that theory in the bible, but you did find it in the commentary that you have memorized and are using here to relay  your opinions, thereby.

What i can say about Judas is that he was "born for such a time as this", and that Jesus knew what he would do even before He chose him.....which is very interesting, if  you consider it.

In the end, Judas could not live with his choice, and im not so certain that hanging yourself for your deed of betraying the only Righteous Blood is not the most obvious and true repentance of all. (in his case).

The good news is, that had there been no Judas, there would have been no cross., as one eventually led to the other.

Isn't the plan of God, as related to the Atonement, a very interesting one when you truly look at all the parts that created the end result?

Here is something else for all those that love to trace it all back to the reason for it all......... In the Foreknowledge of God, He knew that Judas would betray Jesus even before Judas was born or before Jesus was with Mary.

Just as surely as Christ was born for the Cross, Judas was born to play an enormous role in getting him there.

I want to congratulate you for this post. 

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Before you continue, remember many even in the Old testament times were saved, long before Jesus even came to the Earth. Abraham, Moses, King David, Elijah, Elisha, to name just a few.

And what were they Saved from? 

Sorry to ask you questions, but still it is not clear to me, what you imply when you say "Saved", if you please could say something about that. 

38 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Sorry to ask you questions, but still it is not clear to me, what you imply when you say "Saved", if you please could say something about that. 

I am not quite sure if you understand that the Lord God in the Old Testiment could not Saved no one. 

He could not give the Eternal Life to no one, for a very simple reason. 

He gave life to Adam, but that was not the Eternal Life , because Adam died. 

That's why he said Jesus Christ the Savior is born, just to make it simple. 

Everyone who is born from JESUS CHRIST never dies. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

First off, An apostle is one whom witnessed Jesus death. Judas was already dead. He never attained that status because he was never saved and apart of them.

I gave you clear scripture. I guess you just want to be right in your own eyes and not biblically correct.

Is a son of perdition a child of God? smh......

Is a son of perdition a child of God? smh...... 

He was a son of God as we all are unless we backslide and fall into sin. Judas was simply destined to destruction by his own deeds.

Acts 1;20-25, V. 20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
    21, Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    22, Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
    23, And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
    24, And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
    25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Judas was not lost so that prophecy might come to pass, but prophecy foretold the fact of his wilful sin and

lost state. He was lost because he refused to be saved; lost through his own avarice and stubbornness to come back to Christ even after his crime.

18 facts about Judas.

1. He was an apostle (Mt.10;  Mk. 3:13-19).

2. He was filled with the Spirit (Matt. 1:4-5, 20; v. 4, Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. V.5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: V. 20, For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

3. He was a found sheep, Matt. 10:16, Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

4. He like the others was ordained to preach Mark 3:13-14;  V. 13, And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him. V. 14, And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

5.  He was ordained to heal, Mark 3: 14-15, v. 14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, V. 15, And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

6. He, with the twelve, was endued with power, Matt. 10:1-8, V. 1, And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
    V. 2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
    V. 3, Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
    V. 4, Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
    V. 5, These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
    V. 6, But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    V. 7, And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
    V. 8, Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

7. He was a successful preacher and healer, (Mark 6:7-13; Luke 9:6, 10).   Mark 6:7-13, V. 7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
    V. 8, And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
    V. 9, But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
    V. 10, And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
    V. 11, And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
    V. 12, And they went out, and preached that men should repent.
    V. 13, And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.

Luke 9:6, 10,  V.  6, And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where. v. 10, 10, And the apostles, when they were returned, told him all that they had done. And he took them, and went aside privately into a desert place belonging to the city called Bethsaida.

8. He was a baptiser in water (John 4:1-2).  V. 1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, V. 2, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

9.  He possessed eternal life, (John 17:2 with 17:12), V. 2, As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. V 12,  12, While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

10.  He was a saved man, he had his name in the book of life (Acts 1:20 with Ps. 69:25-28; cp. Luke 10:20 with mark 6:13). Acts 1:20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. Ps. 69:25-28,   25, Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.
    26, For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
    27, Add iniquity unto0 their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
    28, Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. Luke 10:20, Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

11. He was promised an eternal kingship (Matt. 19:18),  28, And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

12. He was the first treasurer of the church (John 12:4-6; 13:29),V.  4, Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
    V. 5, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
    V. 6, This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.     John 13: 29, For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

13. Judas was a familiar friend of Christ (Ps. 41:9)  V. 9, Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me. The Hebrew word for "familiar" is shawlon, meaning safe, favoured, perfect friend. Would God have chosen and ordained an unsaved man to preach and heal?

14. Judas was trusted by Christ. (Ps. 41:9), Since Christ knew what was in men (John2:25), V. 25, And needed not that any should testify of man: for He knew what was in man He knew Judas could be trusted like any saved man until he falls.

15. Judas was not an enemy of Christ, not one that hated Him, but an equal in grace, aguide, and an acquaintance  who counselled and fellowshipped with Him in God's house (Ps. 55:12-14),   V. 12, For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
    V. 13, But it was thou, a man mine equal,2 my guide, and mine acquaintance.
    V. 14, We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.  That this refers to the betrayal is clear from John 13:18-19; Acts 1:16-17; Ps. 41:9).

16. Jude was a officer of the gospel (Ps. 109:8; Acts 1;20; Matt. 10:1-8),  Ps. 109: 8, Let his days be few; and let another take his office. Acts 1:20, 20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. Matt. 10:1-8,   V. 1, And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
    V. 2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
    V. 3, Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
    V. 4, Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
    V. 5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
    V. 6, But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    V. 7, And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
    V. 8, Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

17. Part of the apostolic ministry (Acts 1:16-17, 25; Matt. 10:1-20).

8.18. Jude was a thief, that is, he became a thief (John 12:4-6), an adversary (John 6:70), and unclean (John 13:10-11), and "by transgression fell" like backsliders (Acts 1:25; Mark 14:21).

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

They were saved from eternal death.These Old testament men were saved by faith. Even though they died their souls never die, just as your and my souls never die. When our bodies die and returns to the dust of the ground, our souls go to Heaven or Hell. depending on how we lived our lives.

Hebrews 11:5, By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Enoch was one who never saw earthly death, God took him straight to Heaven.

Hebrews 11:7, By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved3 with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Noah had faith in God and even though he died physically, his soul is now in Heaven.

Hebrews 11:8, By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:9, By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Hebrews 11:17, By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Abraham had faith in God and though he died physically, he, his soul is now is in heaven.

Hebrews 11:24, By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

Hebrews 11:27, By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Hebrews 11:29, By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

Moses had faith in God and although he died physically, his soul is now in Heaven.

Mark 9:2-4,    V. 2, And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
    V. 3, And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
    V. 4, And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.  Proof Moses is in Heaven.

34 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not quite sure if you understand that the Lord God in the Old Testiment could not Saved no one. 

He could not give the Eternal Life to no one, for a very simple reason. 

He gave life to Adam, but that was not the Eternal Life , because Adam died. 

That's why he said Jesus Christ the Savior is born, just to make it simple. 

Everyone who is born from JESUS CHRIST never dies. 

You are born from Jesus Christ, as you put it, but you, like Adam, Eve, and everyone past, will eventually physically die and your body will be buried, unless the rapture occurs before you die and you are raptured, but your soul will never die.It will live on either in Heaven or hell.

4 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I gave you scripture and you come back that he was written in the book?!  Scripture NEVER states that!  Were you scrambling on google to come up with something so you went with those from psalms 69 and acts 1 .LOL

You cannot argue with scripture. Judas was not saved. Christ doesnt lose anyone that  his Father gives him! ZERO! 

39And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day.

How do you reason with this?  ^and this?

John 10: My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.…

Jesus doesnt lie.  NO WAY. He doesnt have double standards. 

Furthermore,

Judas was the only one out of all the disciples that called Jesus teacher. The others called Jesus Lord or master . Judas was not ENLIGHTENED by the spirit. That is a hint as to how Judas saw Jesus. He was never saved. The Father draws and he didnt draw Judas. EVER.Judas was created for destruction! Jesus was truly God and truly man. He knew from the  beginning that Judas would not ever be saved.

There is alot in this link to consider in case you are interested in learning.

http://www.letusreason.org/Doct48.htm

Blessings :)

John 6:39, And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

"And this is the Fathers will which hath sent me"  This is the 14 prophecy in John 6:39-40, being fulfilled and will be completely fulfilled in the resurrection, (1 Th. 4:16-17; 1 Cor. 15:23, 51-58).

"I shall lose nothing"  . . . that will come to me as in (V. 37, 40, 47, 51, 53-58),

"last day"  .  .   .  Used 6 times of the last day of redemption of the righteous when their bodies will be fully redeemed (v.39, 40, 44, 54; 11:24), and of the last day when the wicked will be resurrected and judged(12:48; cp. Rev. 20: 11-15).

Show me ONE Scripture which teaches Judas killed himself before Jesus died?

Luke 23:46, And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Acts 1. V. 1 Christ, preparing his apostles to the beholding of his ascension, .
V. 4 gathers them together unto the Mount of Olives,
V. 6 commands them to expect in Jerusalem the sending down of the Holy Spirit,
V. 9 and ascends into heaven in their sight
V. 10 After his ascension they are warned by two angels to depart, and to set their minds upon his second coming.
V. 12 They accordingly return, and, giving themselves to prayer,
V. 23 choose Matthias apostle in the place of Judas.

Act 1:18, Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

You wrote;

"Judas was created for destruction!" You truly believe this, any Scriptures to support this thinking?

God would never create a human being to do anything He could not make a donkey, or rocks do. To create a human being to suffer eternity in Hell to carry out a betrayal, would be no righteous, loving God.

Luke 19:39-40, V, 39, And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples

V. 40, And He answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Guest Teditis

Some people obviously have their own agenda to fill by bringing up Judas Iscariot as a case that God will send

someone to Hell for committing suicide. But any Christian with a scant knowledge of the Bible knows that Judas

was never Saved and committed his sins against Jesus, personally... it's talked about in both the OT and the NT...

clearly stating that Judas was the betrayer and was possessed by the "Devil". These are the reasons Judas went to Hell.

The Bible tells us in Proverbs 26:4 "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him." So,

I am choosing not to get into that debate. I think it's foolishness to twist Scripture so.

I do think that I would feel very uncomfortable facing God after committing suicide... it's a serious sin and surely will

not please God in the slightest. Still, I believe that Jesus' blood has covered all my sins and has Justified me before God.

There's nothing that can undo that action of Christ and so it seems to fit that even suicide cannot separate us from the

Love of God. Salvation isn't some game that God plays with us... to give it and take it back every time that we stumble.

Jesus' work was done, once for all... it is finished!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

~~~~~~~~coming through~~~~~~~~