• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, OldCoot said:
On 7/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, Gary Lee said:

Bummer!  ...............But, lest we forget,    Psa_118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. ......  :)   

That is one of the hallel Psalms.  I think it applied directly to the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem.  That Psalm was the prescribed Psalm for that particular day of the year, still today in Jewish circles, and it is the one the crowd was proclaiming as Jesus rode in.  It is a Psalm to welcome the Lord and king.  That is why the Pharisees had a fit and told Jesus to rebuke the crowds, to which Jesus replied if the crowd were to be quiet, even the stones would cry out.

As Shiloh has said, it is an interesting time to "be alive"   (Evidence of the clock ticking.,.,.,.,.,)

Having received my three score and ten and being also referred to as an old (****) coot myself, I try to remember to thank God for each day, as I climb into bed each night. I have a conversation with God, thanking Him for another day, and review that day, the good, and not so good. I let God know I'm grateful for another day, each and every day, as a blessing, a great and mighty favor. I looked up about the Hallel Hyms, Jewish prayers. I did not know about that, very interesting, and I thank you for your thoughtfulness in posting.  Though I don't use that Psalm every year as a traditional praise/prayer, I do try to "welcome the Lord" daily, to acknowledge Him, and thank Him for allowing/blessing me with another day. Of life. Though the world appears to be falling apart, God is still on the throne, and this is the day He has made, so why not rejoice and be glad in it.  Php_4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things......more of Psalm 118;

Psa 118:8  It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Psa 118:15  The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

Psa 118:29  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. 

Though these may be officially the Hallel Psalms, it's still good stuff for every day....................:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Yepper, getting up there in years also.  So thankful I made it this far.  Every day is precious.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, shiloh357 said:

Something I saw on FB:

"A British couple is forced to plead with a judge in order to try and save their baby's life.

The Canadian PM pays a terrorist killer.

Entitlement Freeloaders get everything given to them.

Veterans suffer and die for lack of medical attention.

A presidential candidate commits felonies while endangering national security, and walks away scot-free.

A democratically elected president surges forward with innovative and healing policies and is met with a political Pickett's charge from the Left.

European women are raped by Muslim immigrant fiends. European "leaders" welcome millions more rapists.

What an "interesting" time to be alive."

And I'll put some extra thick icing on the cake...

Israel reuniting as a nation and returning to the land again after 19 centuries.

Ezekiel 38-39 (Gog - Magog) alliance(s) all lined up and ready to go. 

The emergent church movement and success.

The apostasy in many former Christian churches and immoral civil values influencing the church instead of the church influencing society. The prosperity Gospel being taught to enrich the pulpit and bilk people.

Wars and rumors of wars (middle East, N. Korea, etc.)

Explosion of knowledge ( I recently read where Intel and Google have successfully applied artificial intelligence).

For the first time ever, we can see every end-time Biblical prophecy in play. Indeed, we are living in exciting times. I'd bet the Apostle's and early church fathers dreamed of living in this day and age.  This generation is privileged to witness all these things come about.

Come Lord Jesus, come!

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

And I'll put some extra thick icing on the cake...

Israel reuniting as a nation and returning to the land again after 19 centuries.

Ezekiel 38-39 (Gog - Magog) alliance(s) all lined up and ready to go. 

The emergent church movement and success.

The apostasy in many former Christian churches and immoral civil values influencing the church instead of the church influencing society. The prosperity Gospel being taught to enrich the pulpit and bilk people.

Wars and rumors of wars (middle East, N. Korea, etc.)

Explosion of knowledge ( I recently read where Intel and Google have successfully applied artificial intelligence).

For the first time ever, we can see every end-time Biblical prophecy in play. Indeed, we are living in exciting times. I'd bet the Apostle's and early church fathers dreamed of living in this day and age.  This generation is privileged to witness all these things come about.

Come Lord Jesus, come!

Amen!!  :thumbsup: