Fear of going to hell

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Will people who die with mortal sins go to hell?

Isn't it enough to accept Jesus as our Savior? I have obsessions. I'm scared of going to hell.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, mat007 said:

People who die not saved do not enter the kingdom of heaven, ever.

6 minutes ago, mat007 said:

Isn't it enough to accept Jesus as our Savior?

In line with all Scripture - see (read for yourself, seeking Jesus) 

in the New Testament all that is written to those seeking YHWH'S KINGDOM.

Few people ever find out.

If you are sincere, than acceptance of Christ as your Savior is sufficient. Then the Holy Spirit will work in your life to end your "obsessions."

27 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

If you are sincere, than acceptance of Christ as your Savior is sufficient. Then the Holy Spirit will work in your life to end your "obsessions."

I refer to obsessions about being not faithful enough to be saved. Don't understand me wrong.

Edited by mat007

There's no such thing as "faithful enough." You either have faith in what Christ did on the Cross or you don't. Faith means believing in something or someone unseen. Either you have it or you don't. That's the choice you have to make. And you have to mean it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, mat007 said:

Isn't it enough to accept Jesus as our Savior? I have obsessions. I'm scared of going to hell.

I'd like to know what you mean by mortal sin, as we are told that the only sin that cannot be forgiven man is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

As for your fear, I suggest you read scripture more as we are told that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There is one reason why a person goes to hell. That is for rejection of the free gift of salvation,offered through Jesus Christ. It has nothing you do to with being good enough, Jesus did it all. Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth and you shall be saved.

Edited by Intercessor Ginger
Grammar

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

I'd like to know what you mean by mortal sin, as we are told that the only sin that cannot be forgiven man is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

As for your fear, I suggest you read scripture more as we are told that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

I'm talking about not respecting the Ten Commandments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, mat007 said:

I'm talking about not respecting the Ten Commandments.

There is not one person today who has not broken the 10 Commandments in one form or another.   We are not perfect and we will sin.  When we sin, we confess and repent, asking for forgiveness and correction.  When we seek forgiveness with our whole heart and mind, He is faithful to forgive.  Our sins are wiped away.  However, Satan will continue to remind you of your past, causing you to doubt ... his greatest tool.  If you listen to Satan and begin to doubt, your mind is on the wrong path and needs correction.  When you find yourself doubting anything about God, realize this is a spiritual attack and change your thoughts.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 hours ago, mat007 said:

I'm talking about not respecting the Ten Commandments....

:thumbsup:

When Used Lawfully

Now we know that whatever things the law says, it speaks to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God. Romans 3:19 (World English Bible)

The Ten Commandments Are Wonderful

know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified. Galatians 2:16 (New International Version)

For The Law Can Turn A Fellow Toward The LORD Jesus

Now, the way to receive God's approval has been made plain in a way other than Moses' Teachings. Moses' Teachings and the Prophets tell us this. Everyone who believes has God's approval through faith in Jesus Christ. There is no difference between people.

Because all people have sinned, they have fallen short of God's glory. They receive God's approval freely by an act of his kindness through the price Christ Jesus paid to set us free from sin.

God showed that Christ is the throne of mercy where God's approval is given through faith in Christ's blood. In his patience God waited to deal with sins committed in the past. He waited so that he could display his approval at the present time.

This shows that he is a God of justice, a God who approves of people who believe in Jesus. Romans 3:21-26 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Or Not

Take heed, brethren, lest perhaps there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, to depart from the living God. Hebrew 3:12 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament