Karen Reck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

a commercial product made to remove minerals is CRC.    Works on most deposits.

if it's acid removable just use a room temperature of Coca Cola.   it has a pretty strong acid content.     I use it to clean my auto windows, just remember that it will damage paint if left on it when you are through.....   rinse if off of anything you spill it on.      I get those stains on my Winnebago side windows.

1 minute ago, other one said:

if it's acid removable just use a room temperature of Coca Cola.   it has a pretty strong acid content.     I use it to clean my auto windows, just remember that it will damage paint if left on it when you are through.....   rinse if off of anything you spill it on.      I get those stains on my Winnebago side windows.

The fumes are awful. Your poor lungs! CRC is overkill imho.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

The fumes are awful. Your poor lungs! CRC is overkill imho.  

Actually I do use a respirator when spraying that stuff.....       one that is made for Lacquer fumes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1. Get a spray bottle.

2. Fill the spray bottle half full with white vinegar.

3. Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon in the squeeze bottle.

3. In the spray bottle squeeze a generous amount of dish washing detergent such as Dawn...etc.

4. Turn the spray bottle upside down a few times to combine the ingredients.

5. Spray on hard water stain.

6. Wait 1/2 hour then rinse.

Try that :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, basically, it typically involves polishing the glass, I believe the compound involved, is call cerium oxide, but that is coming from very old and sketchy memories. It is similar to how car finishes are polished with car buffing compounds, abrasives in a paste, in several stages, with finer and finer grits.

I suppose it it possible, that one could do it with those same sort of compounds, if it is just mineral deposits on the glass, and there is a good chance that this is all it is. There used to be (probably still are) chemicals for removing deposits from glass and tile, that focused on rust, lime and calcium deposits.

The polishing compounds for car finishes might work, the cerium oxide is for if you have to polish the glass itself, not just remove mineral deposits. One thing that occurs to me as I write this, is perhaps a trick used to restore car headlights would work, using tooth polish or a polishing tooth paste. The abrasives in that might be hard enough to remove mineral deposits, and fine enough to get a good, clear result. I think that might be my approach, polishing tooth paste with some vinegar to help cut the lime/calcium on the glass, with the abrasive action of the polish. I would use (I think) a micro-fiber polishing cloth, as the application tool.

Mind you, I do not know if this works, it is just an idea in my mind based on what I believe to be sound concepts. Good luck!

Thank you so much for spending your valuable time helping me. I will definitely consider your suggestion.

Blessings :)

Vinegar doesn't seem to work. I tried it a couple of times, but, I couldn't get that crystal clear look. I am just looking for perfection as I have an upcoming birthday party of baby Harriet. She will be 2 this year. We hired a professional post renovation cleaning services last year which operates here in Oakville. Should I hire them again for this? What do you guys think? Let me know your thoughts on this.

Edited by Karen Reck

18 hours ago, other one said:

Thank you for your suggestion.

Blessings :)

Edited by Karen Reck

18 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I have your remedy and its natural! Make a paste out of vinegar and baking soda. Apply with a rag or sponge and rub in circular motions. If needed, add more baking soda for more "grit" when cleaning. I find this helps get everything off. Depending on how long the water spots accumulated, you may want to start in small area and really lean into it when you are rubbing. Rinse off with clean water. There you go! I use vinegar and baking soda for a whole lot of things around the house.  Works great on my stainless pots and pans. They stay looking new and they are 30 yrs old. I soak my faucet filters in vinegar and all the mineral deposits just melt right off in 24-48 hrs.  Works great on my teeth too!  Im all for natural products. Healthier for everyone involved if I can help it. 100s of uses and cheap as dirt(almost)! I can get you the link to all the many uses of baking soda and vinegar if you are interested. 

Thank you for your tip @Blueyedjewel

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

1. Get a spray bottle.

2. Fill the spray bottle half full with white vinegar.

3. Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon in the squeeze bottle.

3. In the spray bottle squeeze a generous amount of dish washing detergent such as Dawn...etc.

4. Turn the spray bottle upside down a few times to combine the ingredients.

5. Spray on hard water stain.

6. Wait 1/2 hour then rinse.

Try that :)

Thank you

18 hours ago, Davida said:

Beware of using straight vinegar or too strong a mixture of vinegar as it can cause clouding of glass also.  Lol! whatever you do don't accidentally grab fantastic for glass cleaner mistaking the spray bottle, as it is only for certain surfaces & damages glass on windows & mirrors.

Vinegar doesn't make me happy either. :(