• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Yea good stuff !

Yea ! yes that was Roy alright.

Having listened to Roy long enough , ( and he did acknowledge the holy spirit of God working in our heart in that interview if you listen carefully. and for the longest time that i hear him speaking  he speaks of letting the holy spirit of God teach us in our hearts. In the interview he was trying to convey that. If you listen carefully, Roy does not deny Christ died and rose again. I think the thing that Roy does not believe is that Christ Jesus and God are one and the same. I believe that Roy does believe that Christ is the Son of God because he mentions it in his talks, but yes he stop short from calling Christ Jesus God Himself. And that probably comes from His Jewish background. However for the most part of what Roy is saying, is quite true and his message does not take away from Holy Scripture. In any event, I can understand where he is coming from. I get what he is trying to say.  I also listened to M Walter  respond, and I see from where he is coming from .    As for me, I still appreciate  a lot of what Roy Masters has to say especially in that debate, I totally get him, because I had heard him so many times before deliberate on the things he talked about in the interview. I can say that licensing to Roy Masters never took me away from my faith in God nor from my belief in the trinity of God the Father Son and Holy Spirit being ONE. I can still find value in what he has to say. But that is just me.  I certainly would not want to lead anyone astray form God WORD found in the bible, but my head is capable of following his -Roy's'- train of thought and it is not leading me away from God nor the God I have come to understand from the bible . I believe in Christ Jesus being the  Only begotten son of God and that the BLOOD of Christ was pure and divine and came direct from God and that by His stripes we are healed as it says in Isaiah 53.  To bad M Walter did not ask Roy Masters about Isaiah 53. I would have enjoyed to hear his answer.

When Roy and Walter were discussing the Word, Roy was trying to convey that we need to grasp the Word within our hearts and let it speak to us and guide us, and actually that is what the Word of God does say. In Christ Jesus we become grafted into the seed of Abraham where God Law become circumcised into our hearts by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit now living in our hearts once we have repented through Christ Jesus and asked the Holy Spirit of God to come make a home in our hearts.

Like i said early in another reply on this topic , I take him with a grain of salt on certain subject matter like some of his views of marriage between man and woman. I find him to be a bit too harsh , a bit to cold, when the bible in the new testament does tell the husband to love his wife. Roy often mentions his own relationship with his wife and it only my view that had he treated her with a little more romantic kindness she would had also met him more half way, also when a husband and wife become on they both have to give and take from each other and love and respect each other the way Paul mentions a husband and wife are to love  and respect one another ( but that is my opinion) I think Roys concept of loving his wife in older years is without giving her the romance/affection she probably would love to receive from him, as many women and also men even in old age look for.  But on most other human behavior discussions, I have learnt so much. And the most important message that I have got from licensing to Roy is the importance of forgiving and not carrying resentments in ones heart.  Letting go of these freed my head space from a lot of anxiety and depression I used to keep inside, not knowing how to let that go of those before licensing to him talk about it. Roy Masters taught me how to let that go of these, by reminding me what God wants from us and also what is mentioned in Holy Scripture from the bible. So for that I am ever so grateful to have stumbled upon him. And like i said before in no way does that take away my faith in Christ Jesus, the Holy Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Hi 1to3 Roy Masters can speak truth but does he mean it biblical. I heard he says that if a man disagrees with wife then he does not love her. I heard a lot of marriages have been harm by his program. I think the bible is clear about forgiving and not being bitter. The Lord's prayer says forgive us our trespasses as we forgive others. The Lord forgives us so we know we should do likewise. But I glad something led you in a positive way. I would never listen to him again because I think There is something really wrong about him. I get really bad vibes from his program. I know he is a expert in occultic things. Walter Martin is biblical. Roy thinks it does not mean anything to quote the bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22

I heard he says that if a man disagrees with wife then he does not love her.

Hi Wayne, well I never heard that from him,I have more heard him say that the woman need the man to be like a father type to her especially as the couple get older and to not allow a woman to get her way in the sense like to tell the woman "put the fruit down Eve" type situation. Anyhow, not sure i am explaining this properly...

I heard a lot of marriages have been harm by his program

Hmmm I have never heard that .

I think the bible is clear about forgiving and not being bitter. The Lord's prayer says forgive us our trespasses as we forgive others.

Yes and Roy stresses on that a lot and explains well the reasoning behind it. something that helped me a lot.

I think There is something really wrong about him.

Well he may not be  everyones cup of tea. He definitely has a unique way about him but i don't think he wants to lead anyone astray. I truly believe like the pastor Walter mentioned also that he believes that Roy is sincere in his convictions. 

what I take from  Roy Masters is that he is trying to reach an audience that have more than less pretty much given up on any kind of faith, belief system whatsoever in God. His approach is to begin the process of finding back God.  He really tries to help some very broken type people, many who have MI and bring them closer to getting recovery from their past trauma by bringing to their understanding, the dangers of keeping resentment the importance of forgiveness.   I have licensed to him for his explanation on childhood trauma and dysfunctional families.and for me that greatly helped me be able to let go of my past hurts in that area. His way of explaining things just made me understand further certain truth about how and why people do the things they do.

Through his meditation exercise of defocusing from being captivated by ones own thoughts and rather be subjective towards them and not emotionally internalizing them , i have been able to shed my anxieties and be more calm and composed within.

Roy masters is not a substitute for the bible. I see his lectures and the meditation excercise= ( cassette tape about letting go of stress, fear, resentments) more as a compliment alongside my daily personal relationship with God my Father through his Son and Holy spirit living in my heart. 

Thank you Wayne222 , I appreciated you teaching me how to get the cloud download and your thoughts concerning Roy Masters.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Hi Wayne, well I never heard that from him,I have more heard him say that the woman need the man to be like a father type to her especially as the couple get older and to not allow a woman to get her way in the sense like to tell the woman "put the fruit down Eve" type situation. Anyhow, not sure i am explaining this properly...

Hmmm I have never heard that .

Yes and Roy stresses on that a lot and explains well the reasoning behind it. something that helped me a lot.

Well he may not be  everyones cup of tea. He definitely has a unique way about him but i don't think he wants to lead anyone astray. I truly believe like the pastor Walter mentioned also that he believes that Roy is sincere in his convictions. 

what I take from  Roy Masters is that he is trying to reach an audience that have more than less pretty much given up on any kind of faith, belief system whatsoever in God. His approach is to begin the process of finding back God.  He really tries to help some very broken type people, many who have MI and bring them closer to getting recovery from their past trauma by bringing to their understanding, the dangers of keeping resentment the importance of forgiveness.   I have licensed to him for his explanation on childhood trauma and dysfunctional families.and for me that greatly helped me be able to let go of my past hurts in that area. His way of explaining things just made me understand further certain truth about how and why people do the things they do.

Through his meditation exercise of defocusing from being captivated by ones own thoughts and rather be subjective towards them and not emotionally internalizing them , i have been able to shed my anxieties and be more calm and composed within.

Roy masters is not a substitute for the bible. I see his lectures and the meditation excercise= ( cassette tape about letting go of stress, fear, resentments) more as a compliment alongside my daily personal relationship with God my Father through his Son and Holy spirit living in my heart. 

Thank you Wayne222 , I appreciated you teaching me how to get the cloud download and your thoughts concerning Roy Masters.

Your welcome 1to3 I am glad you got some positive things from Masters.God blessings on you. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

Thank you Mabel for bring up this post, because it does point to the importance that we need to be careful to what teachings we lsten to in order to not get pulled away from the truth of the Holy Bible.

yes for the longest time i have just stuck with the bible. as to be honest i was lazy in regards to learning about God for myself. i would just go to church on a sunday and that was it. and then i kept getting an uneasiness in my spirit and i ended up leaving this church and reading the bible myself from start to finish. i was seeing too many inconsistency's  in this church.

and also in regards to other teachings i felt that i needed to know the bible first before i started looking at other things/people, get a true north if you will. and that takes as long as it takes.  maybe it could be a bit like the hare and the tortoise. in that i am taking the time out away from other sources  and really wanting/needing understanding. i do struggle .. as the bible should be sufficient enough on its own me thinks. i say this because each "expert" has a different interpretation which is ok.... but if i am not strong in the bible then i would be like grass in the wind. just me thoughts

• Followers:  22

Hello  brother Wayne;

I have been thinking about what you mentioned about Roy Masters and also what  was spoken during that 1980 interview with Roy Master and Walter Martin.

It was clear by the verbal debate between the two, that Roy does not believe in the trinity of God the Father Son Holy Spirit. That they are ONE. Also that Christ sacrifice on the cross was to buy us back, redeem us, from the bondage that sins hold on us since the garden of Eden, not only to point us to finding faith in God but that it is through Christs  blood redeeming sacrifice on the cross  that we are saved.

Thank you very much for taking the time to letting me know this.

These years of licensing to him, it was hard to know completely where he stood with the trinity but I a red flag came up in me when I began to hear him quote:Christ Jesus as saying: Don't call me good,only my Father in heaven is good. witch was taking that sentence out of context to its full meaning.

The interview  clearly points were Roy masters stands concerning the trinity of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I am a bit sad about it and am thinking to pray to God over Roys salvation.

Thank once again for pointing me in the correct direction.

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

8 hours ago, existential mabel said:

in regards to other teachings i felt that i needed to know the bible first before i started looking at other things/people, get a true north if you will. and that takes as long as it takes

Yes Mabel, you are so spot on, that getting to know the Holy bible is the most important thing.

And please forgive me , I never meant to lead you away from our salvation through Christ Jesus and the trinity of God the Father Son, Holy Spirit by mentioning Roy Masters.

I will not mention him to anybody ever again, as I certainly would not want to contribute in leading anyone astray from God true plan of salvation through His only begotten son Christ Jesus..

In all honesty, before Wayne pointed me to that interview last evening in your post, I never heard before Roy deny Christs godhead in the trinity.  Before listening to the  interview that Wayne brought to my attention, I just saw Roy like a typical Jewish person coming from a Jewish background placing Christ as the Son of God but that interview for 1980 between pastor Walter Martin and Roy Masters certainly made things quite clear.

May the Light of Christ Jesus shine  bright and clear for all to come to salvation through Him

Bye for now

In Christ Jesus  always

1to3  :emot-heartbeat:

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 7/15/2017 at 0:28 AM, Wayne222 said:

Hi 1to3 Roy Masters can speak truth but does he mean it biblical. I heard he says that if a man disagrees with wife then he does not love her. I heard a lot of marriages have been harm by his program. I think the bible is clear about forgiving and not being bitter. The Lord's prayer says forgive us our trespasses as we forgive others. The Lord forgives us so we know we should do likewise. But I glad something led you in a positive way. I would never listen to him again because I think There is something really wrong about him. I get really bad vibes from his program. I know he is a expert in occultic things. Walter Martin is biblical. Roy thinks it does not mean anything to quote the bible.

Roy Masters delivers some very insightful observations into human nature. A link here to his quotes: http://www.roymastersquotes.com/

"The spiritually dead "exist" by intimidating the life out of others; A perverse order of doing to others what was done to them." Roy Masters

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

I think Walter Martin knows better. Roy Masters is a New Age guru  that no for sure no Christian should be following or quoting. 

Respecting the insight of someone isn't following that person.

Would you be referring to Walter Ralston Martin?