• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 16/07/2017 at 0:41 AM, 1to3 said:

Hello  brother Wayne;

I have been thinking about what you mentioned about Roy Masters and also what  was spoken during that 1980 interview with Roy Master and Walter Martin.

It was clear by the verbal debate between the two, that Roy does not believe in the trinity of God the Father Son Holy Spirit. That they are ONE. Also that Christ sacrifice on the cross was to buy us back, redeem us, from the bondage that sins hold on us since the garden of Eden, not only to point us to finding faith in God but that it is through Christs  blood redeeming sacrifice on the cross  that we are saved.

Thank you very much for taking the time to letting me know this.

These years of licensing to him, it was hard to know completely where he stood with the trinity but I a red flag came up in me when I began to hear him quote:Christ Jesus as saying: Don't call me good,only my Father in heaven is good. witch was taking that sentence out of context to its full meaning.

The interview  clearly points were Roy masters stands concerning the trinity of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I am a bit sad about it and am thinking to pray to God over Roys salvation.

Thank once again for pointing me in the correct direction.

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

Yes Mabel, you are so spot on, that getting to know the Holy bible is the most important thing.

And please forgive me , I never meant to lead you away from our salvation through Christ Jesus and the trinity of God the Father Son, Holy Spirit by mentioning Roy Masters.

I will not mention him to anybody ever again, as I certainly would not want to contribute in leading anyone astray from God true plan of salvation through His only begotten son Christ Jesus..

In all honesty, before Wayne pointed me to that interview last evening in your post, I never heard before Roy deny Christs godhead in the trinity.  Before listening to the  interview that Wayne brought to my attention, I just saw Roy like a typical Jewish person coming from a Jewish background placing Christ as the Son of God but that interview for 1980 between pastor Walter Martin and Roy Masters certainly made things quite clear.

May the Light of Christ Jesus shine  bright and clear for all to come to salvation through Him

Bye for now

In Christ Jesus  always

1to3  :emot-heartbeat:

hello 1to3 gosh no you didnt. i had an immediate discernment about him. having done all things new age in the past. i was able to see him for what he is. i was concerned for you but i didnt feel i could say anything as you were really liking him. and i am not that good at things like that. i can be but not on this for some reason as you have known with our chats

I never heard before Roy deny Christs godhead in the trinity. 

that is what you call a counterfeit masquerading as christian.

i am so glad that you have now moved away from him. :D so praise God indeed. leave him to the LORD and let him go totally is what i would suggest. as a way of closing the door properly. btw get rid of all his stuff also, (dont give it away)  when you can. a kind of spiritual cleansing. :D

• Group:  Royal Member

3 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Respecting the insight of someone isn't following that person.

Would you be referring to Walter Ralston Martin?

now that is a slippery slope/sticky fly paper eeek

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

9 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

now that is a slippery slope/sticky fly paper eeek

How so?

36 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sounds like Pantheism so your in the right place. Lol!

:laugh:

Just now, Davida said:

I agree ,mabel,  that is one positive learning that came out of the digression into the New Age spirituality - a heightened sense of awareness to recognize it and knowing the spiritual dangers of it , so as to become a watcher on the wall for others.

i just wish i had the courage of my convictions as i should have had that conversation with someone reg it. yes i see so many folk being hoodwinked and you cant say to them anything as they get defensive/offensive and i aint that brave eeek. just have to leave it with the good LORD something a new friend is coaching me with at the mo lol

cant help thinking it has so muddied the water for me all the new age hocus pocus. i just think my walk with the LORD would be more straight forward sigh so even now it bugs me.

6 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

i just wish i had the courage of my convictions as i should have had that conversation with someone reg it. yes i see so many folk being hoodwinked and you cant say to them anything as they get defensive/offensive and i aint that brave eeek. just have to leave it with the good LORD something a new friend is coaching me with at the mo lol

cant help thinking it has so muddied the water for me all the new age hocus pocus. i just think my walk with the LORD would be more straight forward sigh so even now it bugs me.

I would suggest invoking as superior the observations of Walter Martin in order to disparage the keen observations of another person, is not an example of higher consciousness.

Furthermore, thinking that quoting someone's observations is tantamount to being their follower is obtuse. And defines a desire to charge conflict into a discussion, rather than love or rational discussion. It is a method employed typically by those who have no awareness of what is being discussed. Rather, they seek to bait conflict and are satisfied in their lack of knowledge when conflict does respond in kind. Because it is familiar. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

It will get better. You can pray , confessing & ask the Lord's forgiveness for every ungodly teaching that you listened to and ask HIM to cleanse of it all & to bless you with clarity.  Read the Bible faithfully mabel it is His Holy Word and it will cleanse , sanctify and guide your path.

What beautiful wonderful advice.   It encouaraged me so much, I am off to go read some more.

The Bible contains the words to feed our souls with pure holy mana for the soul.

On 18/07/2017 at 9:21 PM, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

How so?

all that glitters isnt gold. for instance do you get an emotional uplift from it and yet dont do anything about it. i used to think all these kind of things were so good. it used to uplift me for a couple of days maybe .....essentially it distracted me from the real deal. i.e God. someone asked once is the bible in itself not sufficient? why do we need so many different gurus.

i do listen to stuff other than the bible but i am very wary after being so led astray and distracted for so long.

its not enough to be a good idea it has to be edifying and life affirming. and that we live it out in life

Edited by existential mabel

2 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

all that glitters isnt gold. for instance do you get an emotional uplift from it and yet dont do anything about it. i used to think all these kind of things were so good. it used to uplift me for a couple of days maybe .....essentially it distracted me from the real deal. i.e God. someone asked once is the bible in itself not sufficient? why do we need so many different gurus.

i do listen to stuff other than the bible but i am very wary after being so led astray and distracted for so long. its not enough to be a good idea it has to be edifying and life affirming. and that we live it out in life

Guru's?  Interesting that's repeated here.

If your observations were correct we would not need pastors.  The attitudes of Christians is all important in demonstrating the presence of the holy spirit within them. God is not mocked.
If you want to know who is truly in the spirit of the most high, watch how they act when at their lowest.

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

It will get better. You can pray , confessing & ask the Lord's forgiveness for every ungodly teaching that you listened to and ask HIM to cleanse you of it all & to bless you with clarity.  Read the Bible faithfully mabel it is His Holy Word and it will cleanse , sanctify and guide your path.

thankyou so much Davida. yes i have done a lot of renouncement's over the last 5 years. i do listen each day to the bible. i find listening "easier" than reading.