• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/peck/general.htm

someone who was i was told a good solid christian aye cant believe much o wot folk say.

very interesting article makes me realise that there isnt much out there that has credibility.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

20 hours ago, existential mabel said:

very interesting article makes me realise that there isnt much out there that has credibility.

Hi Mabel;

Yes that is correct, there is so much out there that mixes things up a bit and  if a person does not reality know what is written in the bible for themselves, they can get bamboozled/mislead in the wrong direction.

That is why when I was 38 years old is the time I stoped everything and started to read the bible on my own. Because every Christian church that I was attending, the preacher was saying different things and those things did not match up with what is written in the Holy bible.

I decided then that i would read the bible for myself, so that when I go to any church, i will then know if what I am hearing is just hearsay or if it matches up with Gods WORD.

I remember reading the road less traveled in my early thirties.

It was an interring read, but did not transform me, it just was a confirmation that life is difficult and we are all in the same boat in the sense that everyone has challenges to overcome. I think I even lost interest in reading it . not sure if I even read the book to completion. Can't remember.

For sure there is a lot out there that if we do not align with the Word of God, we can be miss lead.

the same with anywhere we hear about God,even here on "Worthy", we need to align what a person says with the word of God.

A couple of years ago I found on a radio station: Advice line with Roy Masters. I just found him one evening when I could not sleep and was going through stations on my short wave radio dial and stumbled upon him. I remember finding him on the radio 27 years earlier but had not suffered enough to truly understand where he was coming from. This time i finally could understand what he was trying to convey especially about human nature. I then did order some of his tapes (I think i bought out the last of his tapes as now he only sells CD) But his tapes about how to handle stress and resentment, really helped me to heal a lot of what was broken for so long inside myself. But I used his healing reasoning with Christ Jesus and the Word of God. That helped me a lot to better understand the importance of forgiveness as well as the importance of letting go of resentments.

These two -1)  unforgiveness

and

-2) keeping resentments

are what keep us sick and keep us also from drawing closer to God

Rediscovering Roy Masters on the radio a couple years back (4 yrs) I finally could understand much more what he was trying to say,  most importantly about keeping resentments and the need to let go of that

For me, his explanation of human nature really helped me to let go of resentments and helped me further be able to truly forgive.

Now if I question is Roy Masters saved and a True Christian?

By the things he says, even though he quotes from scripture here and there, I still could not give a 100% yes to that question.

Because, I am not convinced this man understands fully the reason for Christ to have come and shed His blood on the cross or how the trinity of God the Father Son and Holy Spirit works,  because he does not try to reach his audience that way. 

Roy Master, coming from a Jewish background, does not place Christ as in the same position as God the Father, but neither does he dismiss Christ Jesus importance as Gods Son. Just I don't hear him speak much of the trinity of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

So because of this , I cannot say I know for sure whether he believes the full trinity of God or not. I hear him quote: many times that Jesus said: " don't call me good, there is no one but the Father that is good". And that quote is very much a loaded quote that if taken out of context can mean very differently then what Christ Jesus was trying to convey to the man questioning him who was trying to trick Christ Jesus.

Roy Masters message is more about coming to know the Father and Jesus through quiet stillness (be still and know), that brings repentance. Also even though he has some biblical facts that align with his teachings, some of his views I am not always convinced are completely aligned with the Holy Bible. Especially his view of how a husband and wife are to be with one another especially in old age. I personally think he is a bit rough with his wife and personally don't see that, to be aligning with Gods word as to how a husband is to love his wife.

So, I  basically take the good of what he says, and reject what I don't see as aligning with the word of God. But i know that I can only do this correctly if I know what is already written in the bible so to use that as my gauge to discern if what he says matches up with the word of God says.

With that said, I think we always have to use biblical discernment with anyone we are hearing , preaching about the Word of God.

We need to align what a person says with the word of God, and always side on what the Word of God says in the Holy Bible over what the opinion of another , man/teacher/ preacher has to say.

Nevertheless, I understand that this man Roy masters does have some valid points in getting us to understand repentance, human nature and also the necessity to forgive as Christ taught us how to forgive .

And my good Friend Eddy said to me not to long before he passed : "trust no one fully other than  God".

Because man errs even with the best of intentions, but Gods Word Remains fixed, unchanging and eternal.

I think that is what we need to do always.

Align every thing with the Word of God and trust the Word of God as our final answer to what is truly True.

Edited by 1to3

Pantheism is a belief that God is in everything and everyone  and everything is God.

It is very gnostic .  People will tell you what they believe if we listen long enough and ask the right questions. 

17For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and nothing concealed that will not be known and illuminated. 18Pay attention, therefore, to how you listen. Whoever has will be given more, but whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken away from him.”…

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Ummmm sorry for going off topic.

Even in something counterfeit to the real thing, there may be found nuggets of truth.

That is why we need to be careful, as  satans ploy is getting us away from Gods Truth.

But to be sure of anything we need to line it up with the word of God and if it does not match than stick with what the Holy bible has to say about it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

22 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Hi Mabel;

Yes that is correct, there is so much out there that mixes things up a bit and  if a person does not reality know what is written in the bible for themselves, they can get bamboozled/mislead in the wrong direction.

That is why when I was 38 years old is the time I stoped everything and started to read the bible on my own. Because every Christian church that I was attending, the preacher was saying different things and those things did not match up with what is written in the Holy bible.

I decided then that i would read the bible for myself, so that when I go to any church, i will then know if what I am hearing is just hearsay or if it matches up with Gods WORD.

It was an interring read, but did not transform me, it just was a confirmation that life is difficult and we are all in the same boat in the sense that everyone has challenges to overcome. I think I even lost interest in reading it . not sure if I even read the book to completion. Can't remember.

For sure there is a lot out there that if we do not align with the Word of God, we can be miss lead.

the same with anywhere we hear about God,even here on "Worthy", we need to align what a person says with the word of God.

A couple of years ago I found on a radio station: Advice line with Roy Masters. I just found him one evening when I could not sleep and was going through stations on my short wave radio dial and stumbled upon him. I remember finding him on the radio 27 years earlier but had not suffered enough to truly understand where he was coming from. This time i finally could understand what he was trying to convey especially about human nature. I then did order some of his tapes (I think i bought out the last of his tapes as now he only sells CD) But his tapes about how to handle stress and resentment, really helped me to heal a lot of what was broken for so long inside myself. But I used his healing reasoning with Christ Jesus and the Word of God. That helped me a lot to better understand the importance of forgiveness as well as the importance of letting go of resentments.

These two -1)  unforgiveness

and

-2) keeping resentments

are what keep us sick and keep us also from drawing closer to God

Rediscovering Roy Masters on the radio a couple years back (4 yrs) I finally could understand much more what he was trying to say,  most importantly about keeping resentments and the need to let go of that

For me, his explanation of human nature really helped me to let go of resentments and helped me further be able to truly forgive.

Now if I question is Roy Masters saved and a True Christian?

By the things he says, even though he quotes from scripture here and there, I still could not give a 100% yes to that question.

Because, I am not convinced this man understands fully the reason for Christ to have come and shed His blood on the cross or how the trinity of God the Father Son and Holy Spirit works,  because he does not try to reach his audience that way. 

Roy Master, coming from a Jewish background, does not place Christ as in the same position as God the Father, but neither does he dismiss Christ Jesus importance as Gods Son. Just I don't hear him speak much of the trinity of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

So because of this , I cannot say I know for sure whether he believes the full trinity of God or not. I hear him quote: many times that Jesus said: " don't call me good, there is no one but the Father that is good". And that quote is very much a loaded quote that if taken out of context can mean very differently then what Christ Jesus was trying to convey to the man questioning him who was trying to trick Christ Jesus.

Roy Masters message is more about coming to know the Father and Jesus through quiet stillness (be still and know), that brings repentance. Also even though he has some biblical facts that align with his teachings, some of his views I am not always convinced are completely aligned with the Holy Bible. Especially his view of how a husband and wife are to be with one another especially in old age. I personally think he is a bit rough with his wife and personally don't see that, to be aligning with Gods word as to how a husband is to love his wife.

So, I  basically take the good of what he says, and reject what I don't see as aligning with the word of God. But i know that I can only do this correctly if I know what is already written in the bible so to use that as my gauge to discern if what he says matches up with the word of God says.

With that said, I think we always have to use biblical discernment with anyone we are hearing , preaching about the Word of God.

We need to align what a person says with the word of God, and always side on what the Word of God says in the Holy Bible over what the opinion of another , man/teacher/ preacher has to say.

Nevertheless, I understand that this man Roy masters does have some valid points in getting us to understand repentance, human nature and also the necessity to forgive as Christ taught us how to forgive .

And my good Friend Eddy said to me not to long before he passed : "trust no one fully other than  God".

Because man errs even with the best of intentions, but Gods Word Remains fixed, unchanging and eternal.

I think that is what we need to do always.

Align every thing with the Word of God and trust the Word of God as our final answer to what is truly True.

Roy Masters who I use to listen too is not a Christian. Walter Martin had debates with Roy on the long John Nebel show many years ago. I would stay away from his teachings.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, existential mabel said:

someone who was i was told a good solid christian aye cant believe much o wot folk say.

Do you mean pantheism? It is a worship of idols. Christians much stay away from that doctrine.

On 13/07/2017 at 8:42 PM, 1to3 said:

Hi Mabel;

hi l to 3

yes this topic started all because i had been recommended a book which on the face of it seemed a very helpful book and then i happened to see someone being very critical about it. and decided to read what they had said and voila panthesim reared it head.

i also got tired of having to sit through a series of teachings at church, by let me think now chuck swindol. maybe he is the bee knees who knows but i dont go to church to listen to this kind of stuff.

and like you i decided to start and read the bible myself that was back in 2014 my how the years tick on by.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Do you mean pantheism? It is a worship of idols. Christians much stay away from that doctrine.

https://www.gotquestions.org/pantheism.html

not to be mistaken with

https://www.gotquestions.org/panentheism.html

although they have similarities

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 7/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, existential mabel said:

Pantheism, in its truest form of identity, is simply saying that all things are God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

19 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

hi l to 3

yes this topic started all because i had been recommended a book which on the face of it seemed a very helpful book and then i happened to see someone being very critical about it. and decided to read what they had said and voila panthesim reared it head.

i also got tired of having to sit through a series of teachings at church, by let me think now chuck swindol. maybe he is the bee knees who knows but i dont go to church to listen to this kind of stuff.

and like you i decided to start and read the bible myself that was back in 2014 my how the years tick on by.

I listen to chuck swindol radio program " Insight for Living" most mornings on my way to work and he does presents his work in an manner easy to follow.  He IMO is a very good presenter of the word.  Sometimes, learned men can help you understand and see things that was cloudy.  I think anyone reading the Bible on his own, without any reference material, would have a very tough time.   people can say what they want, but you do need study material to understand some things and history that otherwise would baffle you for a while.  Because we have so much material today to choose from, men gets frustrated in choosing those that satisfy their agreement.