Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I don't even consider the "messy" Message a Bible at all. Literally the worst "Bible" on my shelf.

A few quotes from "Dr." Eugene Peterson in the past on creating this fabrication of a book from an excerpt from the "Christianity Today" magazine back in December 2002 when they interviewed Dr. Eugene Peterson, the author of "The Message" bible:
 Dr. Eugene Peterson (the author of The Message), when asked "Do you consider "The Message" God's Word? This was his answer:
"...in a congregation where somebody uses it in the Scripture reading, it makes me uneasy."
I would never recommend it to be used as, "hear the Word of God from the Message." It surprises me how many do."
"I like to hear those more formal languages in the pulpit."
"I did the Beatitudes in about ten minutes."

Sadly, a number also "preach" from this wretched translation throughout the country.
No surprise that Rick Warren has considered it in the past to be one of his favorite translations...

From the news article, sad place this false Pastor Peterson is in:

“I haven’t had a lot of experience with it,” Eugene Peterson says of LGBT members in his church. “But I have been in churches when I was an associate pastor where there were several women who were lesbians. They didn’t make a big deal about it. I’d go and visit them, and it never came up for them. They just assumed that they were as Christian as everybody else in the church."

God's judgment will be severe for this man, and many like him one day, as they continue to twist, add to, and take away from God's Word:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
(2Ti 4:3-4)

From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
(1Ti 1:6-7)

Guest shiloh357

The Message is not a Bible.  It is barely recognizable as a Bible.   Eugene Patterson should not be read or followed.  He has disqualified himself from the Gospel ministry.