picking sense from nonsense

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever heard something that makes no sense in its context but when applied elsewhere is pretty true?

To explain, I  heard n interview of a doctor who is basically all about black empowerment etc. He is totally against interracial marriage and of the reasons he gave was that a white woman cant relate to the black mans struggle, having not lived through it . so when a black man gets harassed by the police , his white wife wont understand the issues of being black thus wont be able to properly sympathise.

Now this is obviously both prejudiced and ridiculous but, lets apply the same concept to Christians.

With our relationships with the unsaved, whether business, friendships or romantic.Its good to recognize that they cant relate to our struggle to live Godly, their world view and perspective will be totally different, and theyll  most likely give advice or encouragement whichll follow it which is why we have to  be mindful of that fact.

What brings this point home is when i remember they types of advice unsaved people, some whom I considered friends sincerely  gave me   which were totally unscriptural and would have led me down seriously destructive paths had I followed them (eg fornicate now so as to learn how to when I get married or my wife may cheat on or leave me. I need to go to a bar to look for women. I dont need a church girl etc)

Just goes to show  how the word of God stands so strong that even others can support it by not even referencing it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I don't take advise from a non Christian. I am very careful and my discernment is on high alert from a person who says they are a "Christian".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I don't take advise from a non Christian. I am very careful and my discernment is on high alert from a person who says they are a "Christian".

I learned that. Boy did ilearn