Student of the Bible

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Over the last several months, several loved ones have passed away, one of which chose to die at home and we were with him until the end.  What really happens to us when we die?  Do we go to be with Jesus or do we wait until he returns to call us home?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

II Corinthians 5  For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Student....

My condolensces to you & your Family and welcome to Worthy......I do not believe our spirits are united with Jesus until His second Coming BUT I also do not believe that we are bound by time when we pass from this temporal world & go on into eternity so it may very well be something we cannot possibly explain or understand except that it will seem like we closed our eyes & woke up to Jesus....if its one day or one thousands years I don't think it will would be any different than when we wake up in the morning,we have no recollection of "time" when we come from our sleeping state.....I don't want to sound like I am talking about science fiction but I don't see how the Scriptures say it is an instantaneous event or that it is not.......There are many verses that lead me to believe as I do but I'm sure this would turn into a debate-the first rebuttal is "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord....the second is Jesus telling the thief on his right that He Will be with him in paradise......I think he "told him this day" & not I tell you "on this day"  and I think what is important is that if your loved one is Saved then you can be sure you will both know all the answers one day when you are re-united         It is very hard to grasp "Eternity",but when we enter into that realm or dimension I'm sure  it is  Heavenly Bliss.....God is Eternal,the Great I Am & Jesus Assures us that we Will be as He is in Heaven.....so I don't believe the constraints of "time" will apply any longer....hard to imagine,to not be bound by space or time

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You might like this......this one supports what most do,an immediate union with the Lord......& as I hoped to explain...it might very well be but because we will go into Eternity....anyway,this is nicely written because there are 2 ways of interpretation

https://billygraham.org/answer/do-you-think-we-go-to-heaven-the-instant-we-die-or-do-we-sleep-or-something-like-that-until-christ-comes-again/