Jeff2

The Harm of using the King James Bible!

184 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I agree.  As long as a translation works for you and it is a reputable one, that's fine.

Fellow computer Geek.  Like you, since I began collecting and working on computers around 2010-2011, I much prefer AMD processors.  I will use either Intel or AMD but I prefer AMD's.  I also have a preference for Dells.  I own more Dells than any other brand and I have winnowed my "collection" down from about 50 at it's high point to 30, including the Test Rigs.  I build, but I don't sell.   My most recent Dell eBay acquisition (Inspiron 531) runs an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz and I bought it purposely because it was one of the first ones Dell used an AMD processor in.  Running Performance Test it outran my fastest Intel Core 2 Quad by 500 points.   But the Intel is running Windows 7 Pro and the Dell is running Windows XP Pro x64, so that might have something to do with it.  I also have a thing for eMachines.

See, I avoid dells like the plague. First, in my area I find tgeir quality hit and miss, but more importantly, I have had horrible experience with their customer support. Over the years I've contacted them numerous times with issues with clients machines, and have never had a positive experience with them. And customer support is big for me, probably more so than the quality of the machine. I usually tell my customers if they're not going  to buy one of my custom computers then to go with HP or lenova. 

In other news I have a and 64 x2 6000+ in my media machine that will outperform or match Intel's core2quad processors up to the q6600. In performance tests my 6000+ matched the q6600 in everything but overclocking abilities (which I don't do) I think that's pretty good for a dual core processor!

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

See, I avoid dells like the plague. First, in my area I find tgeir quality hit and miss, but more importantly, I have had horrible experience with their customer support. Over the years I've contacted them numerous times with issues with clients machines, and have never had a positive experience with them. And customer support is big for me, probably more so than the quality of the machine. I usually tell my customers if they're not going  to buy one of my custom computers then to go with HP or lenova. 

I have never had any problems with any of my Dells.  Don't know about their customer service because all mine are no longer covered, so I don't need them.  The only two towers I have ever bought new were both eMachines.  I have 4 HP's but am not a big fan.  A Pentium D-era Lenovo is one of my Test Rigs.  They are so ugly I run it sans the front bezel and it pops up a micro-code error on every boot that I have never been able to solve with any support software on their site.  That's why I use it as a Test Rig.

We are de-railing the thread with our Geek talk.  I'll start a new thread for computer stuff if you want . . .  I have a couple of questions anyway, but at the moment, they slip my mind . . .

Hehe probably didn't hurt the thread any...but, if you want to start a geek thread then go ahead, guns and computers are the two things I always like to talk about lol.

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Hehe probably didn't hurt the thread any...but, if you want to start a geek thread then go ahead, guns and computers are the two things I always like to talk about lol.

I have started a thread here:

I have a single-core AMD Athlon Socket 939 in an HP that runs at 2.4Ghz that smokes some of my dual core machines in Performance Test.  I have never found any benefits to over-clocking anything unless you are purposely wanting program crashes or the BSOD.

I warn that I am a Legacy Buff, so I don't have anything high-tech or really new.