• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

So many threads here on works vs grace.  

Acts 16:30-31 

He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Now, there is the verse that states even the devil believes in Jesus, so there obviously are qualifications to this verse, yet if one is asking what can they do to be saved, this verse and others show only faith will save.    The fact that someone is asking how, I believe, shows they are sincere, though I'm not sure it shows any remorse or repentance.  Even after being saved, there is the battle between flesh and spirit, so I'm interested in why so many are quick to judge someones salvation by looking at their failures in the war of flesh and spirit?  

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

No works there, faith brings eternal life, passes from death into life, no scare tactic that one might lose salvation in this promise!

John 11:25  Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

The Gospel recommend good works and repentance for those who have believed, but not to use them to Judge the faith in someone who believes in Jesus Christ. 

JESUS took died as a man to redeemed men, (mankind). 

All mankind even those who had died before him, and who he met in the place of the dead. 

Who heard the Gospel while they were without any bodies, and believe and received the forgiveness of sins and the ETERNAL LIFE. 

Then it is the same for us who are still in our bodies and believe. 

The same for anyone. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, hmbld said:

. . . I'm interested in why so many are quick to judge someones salvation by looking at their failures in the war of flesh and spirit?  

I would say that one of the difficulties is that salvation is a word that different people use to mean different things. That being the case, I'm not sure I even understand what you mean by "judge someone's salvation." However, I think that one important thing for us to remember is that we need to believe in Jesus Christ and repent of our sins in order to enjoy the happiness that is available in Christ and through Christ.  And again, I don't think I understand what you mean by "judge someone's salvation,"  but I suspect that a lot of people are missing the happiness that they might otherwise receive if they would focus more on helping others to believe in Christ and turn away from sin than on speaking words of condemnation against those who do believe in Christ but whose faith is not strong enough to keep them from a particular sin. 

In any event, I would say that it is good for us to remember that we should not continue in sin, and also that we should encourage faith and repentance in all people, even those who are improperly "judging someone's salvation."

Edited by Kevinw