• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

17 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

"Many scriptures have more than 1 meaning and I think this one does."

I must strongly disagree with your take on scripture. You wont find even one scripture than has multiple meanings!   Blessings :) 

Hi Blue, I have a hunch we're gonna wind up agreeing to disagree on this. Not only do things God said have more than 1 meaning but we do this all the time. But please don't misunderstand me, just bc a scripture can mean more than 1 thing that doesn't mean that 1 of the things is wrong. Unfortunately I can't think of any of those verses right now. But I will and when I do I will either post them or send you a message. 

Consider what Deborah said. In a court of law a persons words can convict or acquit the person on trial. So in that case the words hold the power of life and death.

But now in Mark 5:41 & Luke 8:54 Jesus called a little girl back to life with His words. In that case His words had the power of life and death. And nowadays some people have the gift of Faith and these people can often speak to disease and it goes away. (Bear in mind we can't all do these things. It's a gift that some believers have and in my opinion it's 1 of the rare gifts. But it does exist.)

So, of course a scripture can have multiple meanings. However, that doesn't mean the other meanings are false.