Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/20/2018 at 6:18 AM, Sojourner414 said:

God gives up on those whose hearts are solid stone and seek no repentance.

This kind of thinking makes me so sad.

God never gives up on anyone. To our very last breath on this earth, he loves us more than we can ever imagine, saved or not, the best of the best or the worst of the worst.

It is us who give up on ourselves, and our fellow human beings.

 

  • Oy Vey! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eyesonly said:

This kind of thinking makes me so sad.

God never gives up on anyone. To our very last breath on this earth, he loves us more than we can ever imagine, saved or not, the best of the best or the worst of the worst.

It is us who give up on ourselves, and our fellow human beings.

 

Romans 1 says:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Romans 1:18-32, NASB, emphasis mine)

God isn't willing that any should perish, but there comes a point where the heart that rejects Him continually petrifies and they will not allow the Lord in. At that point, the Lord simply gives them over to what they have chosen. Yes, God loves them; but that does not negate their choice, nor does it negate the consequences of their choice when they die in their sins.

Sometimes love hurts,  and that hurt involves people you care for making tragic mistakes.

Edited by Sojourner414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Romans 1 says:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Romans 1:18-32, NASB, emphasis mine)

God isn't willing that any should perish, but there comes a point where the heart that rejects Him continually petrifies and they will not allow the Lord in. At that point, the Lord simply gives them over to what they have chosen. Yes, God loves them; but that does not negate their choice, nor does it negate the consequences of their choice when they die in their sins.

Sometimes love hurts,  and that hurt involves people you care for making tragic mistakes.

it does say that the people here knew God, they suppressed the truth about God, that God made the truth evident to them, and they chose to no longer acknowledge God.

So it does not seem to be talking about those have not yet come to a full knowledge of God?  Is that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eyesonly said:

This kind of thinking makes me so sad.

God never gives up on anyone. To our very last breath on this earth, he loves us more than we can ever imagine, saved or not, the best of the best or the worst of the worst.

It is us who give up on ourselves, and our fellow human beings.

 

No, there is a point where God will stop convicting.   Some people prove themselves to be irretrievably wicked and have fitted themselves for judgement.  The Bible is replete with those who came under His judgment for refusing to repent.  When judgment comes, it is too late.   God does give people over to their reprobate minds and unregenerate appetites if they refuse to repent.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

it does say that the people here knew God, they suppressed the truth about God, that God made the truth evident to them, and they chose to no longer acknowledge God.

So it does not seem to be talking about those have not yet come to a full knowledge of God?  Is that right?

The people in Romans 1 did not have a full knowledge of God. They were not in relationship with God.  It says they had a knowledge of God and "knew" Him in the sense that they knew He exists, His power and wisdom are revealed in creation sufficient to reveal Him,  but they chose to reject Him any way.  

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

 

God isn't willing that any should perish, but there comes a point where the heart that rejects Him continually petrifies and they will not allow the Lord in. At that point, the Lord simply gives them over to what they have chosen. Yes, God loves them; but that does not negate their choice, nor does it negate the consequences of their choice when they die in their sins.

Sometimes love hurts,  and that hurt involves people you care for making tragic mistakes.

What you have said here does not match your post to what I reposted to above about God giving up on people.

Whatever judgement someone faces, it is not because God gave up on them. It is because of their own choices and as such the consequences are what they are.

If Charles Manson accepted Christ on the last day of his life, there would be one heck of a party in heaven. And I for one would be joining in the celebration.

If he didn't, then he will face his judgement, but God loves Charles Manson no more or no less than you or I for he is God's child too, and our brother.

And as such, I would gladly give up my spot in heaven to save his soul.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Oy Vey! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Eyesonly said:

What you have said here does not match your post to what I reposted to above about God giving up on people.

Whatever judgement someone faces, it is not because God gave up on them. It is because of their own choices and as such the consequences are what they are.

If Charles Manson accepted Christ on the last day of his life, there would be one heck of a party in heaven. And I for one would be joining in the celebration.

If he didn't, then he will face his judgement, but God loves Charles Manson no more or no less than you or I for he is God's child too, and our brother.

And as such, I would gladly give up my spot in heaven to save his soul.

 

 

 

 

 

The unsaved are not referred to in scripture as Gods children! They are simply Gods creation.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eyesonly said:

This kind of thinking makes me so sad.

God never gives up on anyone. To our very last breath on this earth, he loves us more than we can ever imagine, saved or not, the best of the best or the worst of the worst.

It is us who give up on ourselves, and our fellow human beings.

 

Gods wrath is upon the sinner every single day. The sinner stores up his own wrath . The ruin of a sinner is their impenitent hardened heart.

God is righteous. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Eyesonly said:

What you have said here does not match your post to what I reposted to above about God giving up on people.

Whatever judgement someone faces, it is not because God gave up on them. It is because of their own choices and as such the consequences are what they are.

If Charles Manson accepted Christ on the last day of his life, there would be one heck of a party in heaven. And I for one would be joining in the celebration.

If he didn't, then he will face his judgement, but God loves Charles Manson no more or no less than you or I for he is God's child too, and our brother.

And as such, I would gladly give up my spot in heaven to save his soul.

 

The thing is: Charles Manson would only have done so to keep from going to hell, not out of true repentance. And what I posted does match: people can simply keep rejecting the Lord without ever gaining a full knowledge of Him, and He will give them what they want. It's only those who truly want Him and who are reaching continually for Him in their hearts who He's not going to give up on.

I'm afraid you're just uncomfortable with the idea of anyone going to hell and are trying to "reason" a way out for them. Some folks are going to burn; it will be their fault, not God's. God doesn't owe anyone salvation, and He is not obligated.

You seem to be stuck on "God is Love"; you forget that Righteousness and Justice are the foundation of His throne. You reject Him, all that's left is Hell.

There's a reason why Christ had to die for our sins; they REQUIRED BLOOD TO BE ATONED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Eyesonly said:

What you have said here does not match your post to what I reposted to above about God giving up on people.

Whatever judgement someone faces, it is not because God gave up on them. It is because of their own choices and as such the consequences are what they are.

Wrong.   God gives people over to their sin once they have proven that they are irretrievably wicked.   There comes a point when God will no longer convict, no longer reach out.   We see that over and over again, in the Bible.  God gives people limited window to repent and if they refuse, judgement ensues.

Quote

 

If Charles Manson accepted Christ on the last day of his life, there would be one heck of a party in heaven. And I for one would be joining in the celebration.

If he didn't, then he will face his judgement, but God loves Charles Manson no more or no less than you or I for he is God's child too, and our brother.

 

Manson  was not God's child.  God's children are those who have accepted Christ.    Manson was not our "brother."   And Manson is in Hell and will be separated from God for all eternity.  

Quote

And as such, I would gladly give up my spot in heaven to save his soul.

No, you wouldn't.  

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Similar Content

    • By Devaughn24
      I am christian who prays everyday (though I don't read the bilble regularly after today I will) its me here again, early I was being confronted by blashemy thoughts and guilt and I confronted those feelings and thoughts outloud and i said...."my jesus christ used black magic? Nope he used the holy spirit" I spoke and said this to silence the blashemy thoughts and guilt in my head from sins, but did I commit the unpardonable sin? The holy spirit has been working and turning inside me for 8 hours straight!!! I have repented many many times today, also I asked jesus to come into my life and recognized him as my lord and savior as a small child and had recently devoted my self to god FULLY when this happened! It was an accident and the words came out wrong I told god!
×