I'm reprobate and feel like giving up

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes God wants us to give up trying and allow Him to change us from the inside out.  He wants us to wash ourselves in His word, to "put on Christ" to change our attitudes.  He wants us to start thinking about things the way God does.  He wants us to die to our selfishness and allow Christ to live in us and through us.  Even Paul said "in me there is no good thing".   The good I what to do I don't do, and the evil I don't want to do, I do.  Romans 7.  Romans 8 starts with the answer to the problem.  It is to walk with God, following the leading of the Holy Spirit to reach out with mercy to others.  Sometimes we are allowed to fail so we can have compassion on other who are struggling.

I don't know you but I do know that God loves you.  Spend some time talking to Him about it.  A broken and contrite spirit he will not despise.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

There is a famous expression in English: When the going gets tough, the tough getgoing  meaning when the situation becomes difficult, the strong will work harder to meet the challenge. Sometimes, when we are in a tough situation, inspirational quote or saying can help us calm down and focus on what we need to do.Jun 9, 2015.   

The above is taken from Google.

Your statement Tyler22, if i may be blunt is how the Devil operates and want you to think.   But the Christian life is one of trials and yes troubles.  I don't know about the others here, but i can write a book of the things i go through and boy it is like a weight on my head.   I would encourage you to read the Psalms as they are full of encouragement and also Paul's epistles.  He describes vividly how when you make that decision to follow Christ, you would be tested and tried,each in his own way .   Keep in your mind the rewards of eternal life and the struggles here is just for a moment.  Press on with knowing God is in full control and he promises to not leave nor forsake you.   

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I do not support reprobate.

Question: "What is reprobation? What does it mean to be reprobate?"

Answer:
“Reprobation” is the term used to describe those who by default are left in their fallen human nature to sin and to be eternally damned. It can be the only possible consequence if, as Scripture declares, God has foreknown and chosen others to eternal life through His only begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:4-5; Romans 9:24-25). In Acts 13:48, we read, “And all who were appointed for eternal life believed.” From this, we see that the decree of reprobation is a result of unbelief or, rather, the decree of reprobation results in unbelief. Some theologians declare from Scripture that God foreknew some and reprobated others, prior to the Fall of Adam. This is called supralapsarianism, from the Latin supra meaning “above” and lapsus, meaning “fall.” Others maintain that foreknowledge and reprobation were decreed to happen as a consequence of the Fall, and this is termed “infralapsarianism.”

The existence of the state of reprobation can be deduced from the Scriptures in many places, such as Proverbs 16:4 and Jeremiah 6:30, just to name two. Although it describes the fact that God has rejected some, there is a sense in which those whom He has rejected still serve His purposes, despite their willful rebellion. The best example is the raising up of Pharaoh in the book of Exodus. Here was a man who clearly refused to obey God, despite Moses’ repeated petitions to let the Israelites leave the land of Egypt. But the thing we note about Pharaoh is that, despite his willful obstinacy, God was nevertheless glorified through him. Reading Exodus 9:13-16, we note that God says He could have wiped the whole of Egypt and Pharaoh out of existence were it not for His wish to demonstrate His power and make His name known throughout the earth (Exodus 14:4,31). Clearly, God will fulfill all of His eternal purposes, both through those whom He has foreknown (Philippians 2:13) and through those whom He has rejected—the reprobate (Romans 9:22). In both cases, God will receive the highest honor and glory.

Finally, the question that remains is whether we can declare anyone to be reprobate in this life. Clearly, we cannot. The doctrines of grace as purported by John Calvin are both the hub and very essence of reformed theology, but sadly some have taken them to the extreme. Hypercalvinism, for example, dares to declare that the taking of the gospel to the world is unnecessary if God has already decreed those He would or wouldn’t save. However, John 3:16 would not say “For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” if, indeed, we were privy to such secret things as those who are reprobate. Our responsibility is to preach the gospel to all men everywhere, pleading with them to be reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:20).

https://www.gotquestions.org/reprobation.html

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

For those that believe in the doctrine of reprobation, at what age does one become reprobate

• 2 weeks later...

im reprobate but i want to know how i turned that way

i am reprobate and i am just interested in what God has in store for me in hell.  and please dont say its beyond your imagination.  i really want to know in detail how i will be tormented

i am a reprobate.  i have denied god all my life.  i regret that all now.  but i know what awaits me.  the holy spirit has assured me of this.  punishment to perfect.  beyond words.  suicide is my best option.  the holy spirit told me the longer i put that off, the quicker my punishment grows to infinite proportions.  my only hope is nothing.  i just dont know why god made the mistake of creating things.  he by all means knew he is all knowing and some would go to hell.  why.  i dont know how long ill put off suicide.  but this is scary.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

You are not hearing from God.  Suicide is a sin so whoever is telling you to do it is from the other side; God would never tell you to sin.  Turn around and ask God for forgiveness and He is faithful to forgive.  Once you belong to Him, the other one can't touch you.  I will pray for you now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

i am a reprobate.  i have denied god all my life.  i regret that all now.  but i know what awaits me.  the holy spirit has assured me of this.  punishment to perfect.  beyond words.  suicide is my best option.  the holy spirit told me the longer i put that off, the quicker my punishment grows to infinite proportions.  my only hope is nothing.  i just dont know why god made the mistake of creating things.  he by all means knew he is all knowing and some would go to hell.  why.  i dont know how long ill put off suicide.  but this is scary.  

As long as you have breath here you have the ability to turn to God 'IN REPENTANCE'

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)

[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

What you are saying is calling God  liar... guess what spirit that is from :33:... Tell ya what: you might as well start putting one hand in a fire so you can warm up to the idea of what your whole body will be subjected to forever if you don't turn to God! God is not mocked nor can He be ill thought of without torment... those in torment-> are there because of the choice they wanted to be god and by the simplest of thought there can only be One God... Love, Steven