IGNORED

Hoarding and faith

Steve_K

30 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

My testimony after hubby died and the loss of 75% of my income from him left me panicked. I was being ostracized by my siblings for being an outspoken born again Christian at the time, I was alone with only my daughter to help me thru.

I stocked up and became interested in prepping when my pastor said, you will never be prepped enough, right? No matter how much money you spend, you will never have enough...... That hit me light a lightening strike.

So I needed and have, trusted in God and the extras I have I've shared with others.

When I was moving I thought how am I going to clean out my freezer? Just so happens God placed a church friend in church who was in need at the time I had a need. I was able to share with Josh and his mom five bags of food, nothing I had was wasted. God was great to both of us that day!

When hard times come, I'm prepared, not scared. God will protect His chosen when the real stuff hits the fan.

Sheeple will panic and die...I will pray and live one day at a time, as I've done thru Christ. 

Hoarding? No, being prepared like Joseph, yes.

It's all because of God.

Amen sista!  I love your story!  It is better to give than receive.  I did similar things each time I moved. I taught my kids to give give give.  I feel so very blessed that I have what I have. It is all Gods!  We are Gods hands and feet. 

Which btw, nothing I have stored is in my freezer.   In fact, its pretty much bare bones right now come to think of it! LOL 

Blessings :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Steve I think the answer is found in the attitude of the person. For it is also said; do not tempt your God.

I shall not challenge my God by refusing to prepare for hardship, and demanding God to feed me  as I want when I want while ai fail to prepare for myself and my family.

God provides the perfect provision in all matters, and unlike the sparrow who eats as he pleases of what God provides each day for him, man is told he will work the fields and will struggle to feed himself all the days of his life. He is given knowledge of famine to come and when and where to plant, to fish, to raise cattle of the fields. God even told man when to gather up an extra day's provision in the time of manna.

The wise man protects what is his given him by God. He locks his door lest he be robbed. He stores up the provision of God including the very word of God keeping it close to his heart even as he shares  generously of it all.

A hoarder, well there is a sickness a disability, of age, or mental distress. It is irrational for sure whether it is the crazed family member that stuffs ears of corn under their sweater at a picnic to pack away in some closet later, or a person that just fills their whole house with bits of cardboard till they walk in little tunnels in it, that is a sad sickness of a disabled mind.

But, a more reasoned and rational preparation for harder times or simply gathering of apples in the fall to be stored till spring? -I think that is wise and not a distrust of God at all.

Even the squirrel "squirrels" away food does it not?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/16/2017 at 1:44 PM, Bill16652 said:

Yup, God expects us to do our part and then He will do His.  I think we all know that we are close to something, even nonchristians feel this and the events in the world speak volumes but even more God has been speaking for 20 years warning those who hear Him.  Besides for those who are prepared how could they help others if they were not and we are supposed to do that as well.  Like you I have heard it for a long time but I also know that whatever is coming is close.

Even at the door...

On 7/16/2017 at 3:59 PM, warrior12 said:

plain common sense you are using in the situation you are in and absolutely wise to prepare especially for the winter months.  I live in cold country canada and though we are in the big city, i still have chills of the big black out that swept North America a couple years ago. 

Common  sense is not that common! I came to find that out as I got older :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Common  sense is not that common! I came to find that out as I got older :laugh:

In that case, wood work, carpenters and tradesmen have a common saying.   Measure twice, cut once.  :brightidea:

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I think Steve is right to a point. God will supply our needs in and through Jesus.  Does not mean we will not ever not want. Paul said he knew how to be content when he was hungry. So Paul went hungry. I think God knows our spiritual needs too. If we never knew hardship how could we really empathy with our brother or sister ? But it's still wise to be prepare. I was a boy scout growing up. The motto is be prepare. Just a wise thing. If anything goes wrong I will pray and put my trust in God.

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

In that case, wood work, carpenters and tradesmen have a common saying.   Measure twice, cut once.  :brightidea:

Seamstresses also have that saying!  It can get pretty expensive by not doing so. lol