Fear again

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, my OCD is destroying me. I'm again scared and scared of becoming the antichrist. I know this can't be true, because I love Jesus, but, please, give me some advice and some signs of how will the antichrist be, and I can't be.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hi Mat, Were you diagnosed with OCD or is this something you decided? I only ask that bc if you truly have OCD I'm not sure anyone can talk you out of it. OCD is not logical and all the logical reasons in the world may not make those thoughts stop. Nevertheless, I'll try. 

First if you were the antichrist you wouldn't be worried about it. In fact yo'd probably be worried about how to destroy Christians. I doubt you'd be here you'd probably be on a New Age spiritual board making posts about how dangerous us Jesus people are and you'd want to find followers. I wish I knew everyone's age bc I have a hunch you're a teenager. All teens and even people in their 20's think there's something wrong with them. Its part of growing up. What I noticed is the people who think you're almost perfect are the ones that are likely to have a nervous breakdown later in life. 40 yrs ago I was studying to become a psychotherapist. Back then we thought all mental problems were psychological. Today we know the brain is part of the body and the body often gets sick. There are meds that may stop OCD thoughts. But I have little to no confidence in these drugs. I wouldn't take them unless it was a last resort. But I can only imagine how hard it is to live a normal life if you constantly think you're meant to be the antichrist. There's a very good chance you'll grow out of this. We now know the brain doesn't stop developing until a person is 24 to 26. It varies. Even after that the brain can still grow and the thoughts will change.

I hope this helped. I'll say again if you belonged to the antichrist you wouldn't be worried about it. You'd be happy. Remember that.

God Bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 hours ago, mat007 said:

Guys, my OCD is destroying me. I'm again scared and scared of becoming the antichrist. I know this can't be true, because I love Jesus, but, please, give me some advice and some signs of how will the antichrist be, and I can't be.

Not so long ago (almost a year) I was under similar oppression. It feels like the end, most of the thoughts that come are non sense but you believe any way.

You have to put your trust in Jesus, and pray, and believe it will be solved.

Have you repented of your sins accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? I'd say welcome Jesus to your life, put your trust in Him, and start reading the Bible if you do not.

When I was suffering from such kind of thing in my life it used to point my sins and said I should do things because I was doing those things. That is what I have to say for now.

Trust in Jesus. He will help you!

• Loved it! 1

Yes. I accepted Christ as my savior. Thanks! God Bless!

• Loved it! 1

9 hours ago, JTC said:

Hi Mat, Were you diagnosed with OCD or is this something you decided? I only ask that bc if you truly have OCD I'm not sure anyone can talk you out of it. OCD is not logical and all the logical reasons in the world may not make those thoughts stop. Nevertheless, I'll try. 

First if you were the antichrist you wouldn't be worried about it. In fact yo'd probably be worried about how to destroy Christians. I doubt you'd be here you'd probably be on a New Age spiritual board making posts about how dangerous us Jesus people are and you'd want to find followers. I wish I knew everyone's age bc I have a hunch you're a teenager. All teens and even people in their 20's think there's something wrong with them. Its part of growing up. What I noticed is the people who think you're almost perfect are the ones that are likely to have a nervous breakdown later in life. 40 yrs ago I was studying to become a psychotherapist. Back then we thought all mental problems were psychological. Today we know the brain is part of the body and the body often gets sick. There are meds that may stop OCD thoughts. But I have little to no confidence in these drugs. I wouldn't take them unless it was a last resort. But I can only imagine how hard it is to live a normal life if you constantly think you're meant to be the antichrist. There's a very good chance you'll grow out of this. We now know the brain doesn't stop developing until a person is 24 to 26. It varies. Even after that the brain can still grow and the thoughts will change.

I hope this helped. I'll say again if you belonged to the antichrist you wouldn't be worried about it. You'd be happy. Remember that.

God Bless.

Thanks!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi Matoo7

Yes JTC gives some good reasoning as to why you are not the antichrist.

Also like JTC, said it is quite common when young to: " All teens and even people in their 20's think there's something wrong with them. Its part of growing up "

If you have have repented through Christ Jesus and have accepted Him as your savior and asked  the Holy Spirit of God to come make His home in your heart, you are a child of God and Christ Jesus is your good shepherd John 10:10  Christ Jesus is our good shepherd he will never leave you not forsake you and if you by mistake go astray, he will go looking for you to bring you back into His safety and right and truthful and wholesome direction.

Remember Ephesian ch 6

Take God full Armour on you every day.

God never want you to fear but to place all trust in Him.

He desires for you to have a relationship with Him daily.

Pray to God, He desires this so He can get closer to you to

and be more able to work in your heart, your life.

Philippians 4:6-8

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

If God is with you, and has made His home in your heart, He is with you.

God is far more powerful than anything contrary to Him

Romans 8:31

30And those He predestined He also called, those He called He also justified, those He justified He also glorified. 31What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, freely give us all things?…

Mark 9:24

If You can?” echoed Jesus. “All things are possible to him who believes!” 24Immediately the boy’s father cried out,

“I do believe; help my unbelief!”

25When Jesus saw that a crowd had come running, He rebuked the unclean spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” He said, “I command you to come out and never enter him again.”…

Learn to place your trust in the Lord, ask God to show you how to place your trust in Him if you are having difficulty trusting in Him.

Talk to God our Father, He wants us to draw closer to Him through prayer with him, then He also will draw even closer to us because we are allowing him to.

Don't trust the devil,  who likes to plant (like a computer virus) unhealthy suggestions in the mind, he only comes to steal, kill, destroy. If you entertain the devils suggestions you are giving him ability to play with your head. You can put a stop to that right now by calling on the Lord, placing all your thoughts to the Lords trust.

2 Corinthians 10:5

4The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We tear down arguments, and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Proverbs 3:5

5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…

Fear Not, Trust in the Lord and in His WORD

Philippians 4:6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Edited by 1to3
  • Loved it! 1

I want to explain why I said young people almost always think there's something wrong with them. First is because I used to be 1 of them. More importantly is bc several yrs ago I used to answer questions on Yahoo. It took me about a month to realize most of those questions came from people under 25 & even 30. Almost everyday I was answering a similar concern. Then I remembered that when me and my friends were young we thought we were crazy too. Often parents and teachers make this worse. I wished I could've transferred what I know to every parent or teacher that tells a young person, "you're crazy". Or, You're gonna wind up in jail if you keep this up. I spent all my teen yrs expecting the police to come and take me away. I really worried about this, REALLY. But the reality of my situation was that I never broke laws and I was more obedient than most of my friends. But I was a teen and figured my parents knew what they were saying. They didn't bc now I'm over 60 and I never spent 1 day in jail.

What the young person worries about has a lot to do with his personality. What I mean is Mat's a Christian and it's normal to fear you're the antichrist except you don't know it yet. When I listen to certain preachers I can see how young people might fear they are that evil person the devil is going to reveal some day. There's nothing logical about paranoia. If there was the person would realize he loves the Lord, may be going to church weekly, he hates the evil he sees, and he longs to meet Jesus someday. Logic dictates that the devil could not have picked a more unlikely person to be the antichrist. Therefore, I'm glad you shared this fear with us. I tell you the truth, this will pass and you will laugh about it.

5 hours ago, JTC said:

I want to explain why I said young people almost always think there's something wrong with them. First is because I used to be 1 of them. More importantly is bc several yrs ago I used to answer questions on Yahoo. It took me about a month to realize most of those questions came from people under 25 & even 30. Almost everyday I was answering a similar concern. Then I remembered that when me and my friends were young we thought we were crazy too. Often parents and teachers make this worse. I wished I could've transferred what I know to every parent or teacher that tells a young person, "you're crazy". Or, You're gonna wind up in jail if you keep this up. I spent all my teen yrs expecting the police to come and take me away. I really worried about this, REALLY. But the reality of my situation was that I never broke laws and I was more obedient than most of my friends. But I was a teen and figured my parents knew what they were saying. They didn't bc now I'm over 60 and I never spent 1 day in jail.

What the young person worries about has a lot to do with his personality. What I mean is Mat's a Christian and it's normal to fear you're the antichrist except you don't know it yet. When I listen to certain preachers I can see how young people might fear they are that evil person the devil is going to reveal some day. There's nothing logical about paranoia. If there was the person would realize he loves the Lord, may be going to church weekly, he hates the evil he sees, and he longs to meet Jesus someday. Logic dictates that the devil could not have picked a more unlikely person to be the antichrist. Therefore, I'm glad you shared this fear with us. I tell you the truth, this will pass and you will laugh about it.

Wait... so, the antichrist will actually "become" the antichrist?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

28 minutes ago, mat007 said:

Hi Mat007

This, according to the Word of God will be the future Antichrist, have no fear, it is not you mate;

The Antichrist, will be a man, will reign over ten kingdoms that are yet to be formed inside the yet to be revived, Old Roman Empire. (Dan. 7:23-24). Only these ten kingdoms will give their power and kingdoms to him. (Rev.13:1; 17:12-17). Certain countries will escape his rule (Dan.11:40-44).

Certain countries will make war on him at the very time he is supposed to be ruling the whole world (Dan. 11:40-44). Because he will reign only over ten countries inside the Roman Empire territory and because America is not inside that territory and never will be, and because certain countries will escape him we can scripturally conclude that he will never rule America or be a world-wide dictator. Therefore, multitudes of people of many nations will also never take the mark of the beast and they will never be killed by the Antichrist for not doing so.

The Bible speaks of many peoples of many nations that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Zech. 14:16-21). This further limits the kingdom of the Antichrist to only part of the world and also limits his ability to kill everyone who does not take the mark even in his own empire. According to Rev. 14:9-11 no one who has taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell.

That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark of the beast and have not been killed, as taught by many Bible students. If the Antichrist were to kill every person who does not take his mark, and God sends to Hell everyone who does take the mark, then there would be not one person left to enter the Millennium. Also, The mark of the beast will not be 666. There are three brands men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist inside his kingdom. They are his name, his mark, and the number of his name (Rev. 13:16-18). The name and mark of this man is not given in scripture; so no one will know what they are until he comes and men get to know what his name and mark will be, and what he will chose to put on his followers. The only one of these three brands that is given is the number of his name, and that is stated as being 666 in Rev. 13:18. So 666 is not the name or the mark of the beast. It is the number of the beast.

• Loved it! 1

50 minutes ago, mat007 said:

I say no one knows this for sure, but I doubt it.