• Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, coheir said:

when I was a kid any cough got vicks rubbed on the chest

Ha, yep! and in the nose and eaten too! Then added to the pan of hot water and "vaporized", makes the eyes sting don't ya know-

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

25 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Ha, yep! and in the nose and eaten too! Then added to the pan of hot water and "vaporized", makes the eyes sting don't ya know-

I grew up in Fl bout two miles from Ala. line

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi coheir,

Well I sorta did too. My dad was a flight instructor out of Pensacola during WWII. Though New England born I was  as a new born babe transported first to Corpus Christi then  off to Pensacola for the war years. As  a toddler  I was tossed around by cadets and instructors for the first years of my life. My very early pictures have me in US  Navy flight gear and googles happily being tossed in the air by flight instructors.

The first time I reentered Florida as an adult I was in a new VW Kobi  camper with my family in July with up to three inches of water under us at a KOA just passed the Alabama line. My Kobi had come from SO CAL,  blown spark plugs out of it at San Antonio, and given up being able to be started once I turned the engine off until it had cooled for several hours. What a nasty trip. But somehow I made it back  to SO CAL. Only to later have the call to  be sent into Florida again where I have become a near  "native".

God led us across country (USA)  four times. He used the combination of all those adventures to bring us close to Him, Praise God for His mercies and Grace.

And thanks for tripping me  this early morning to memories that are rather fun to visit.

Tennessee! Wow how long? Do you like It?

As part of our recent journey we got into a little of TN. Spent time searching for something along the Ocoee river and lake. Not much available. But so very beautiful there. Guess that is because there isn't much in the way of population and housing at the USFS areas. Mostly though I just touched down at Chattanooga rented a Jeep and then headed East  for Murphy NC and over to Lake Santeetlah NC  area. That too gets pretty remote, -Got lost into the narrow forestry trails, no GPS nor cell service. That was fun....

This business of moving is an adventure. Though I can't come close to what  my sister just did,  She is now to become an expatriot on a sandy beach and snorkel in the warm climes.

Ah life's adventures, what a creation, and our creator knew all this from before the beginning of the beginning. Awesome! 

To think this is all fallen, fallen from a perfect place, yet it is beautiful in it's decay. The colors of seasons etc. All so amazing to behold. 

What do you suppose eternity forward will bring to our eyes? How much more awesome than even this is,  and without any downside issues to wrestle with  and contend over.

MARANATHA

p.s.- When I recount little stories of travel I always end up amazed at the histories of people that first traveled these vast lands,- raw lands. How did they do it? Such talent, strength, and courage, from Daniel boone to  the stand at the Alamo, to Lewis and Clark's historic  venture and history.  Yet I look at a fire trail already cut by USFS and wonder; oh oh how do I  turn this Jeep around if I go in there? And the story of the TVA, I had no idea it was for electricity for Alcoa to produce aluminum needed for WWII. How did people get into there and put it all together?  !

Edited by Neighbor