• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

NAACP leader Rev. Barber says praying for Trump ‘borders on heresy;’ NCGOP ‘outraged’

Religious leaders gathered in the Oval Office laid hands on President Donald Trump to pray that God gives him guidance, wisdom and protection.

A photo of the gathering made the rounds on social media, but didn’t sit well with North Carolina NAACP President Rev. William Barber II.

On MSNBC’s “AM Joy” on Saturday morning, Barber called the prayer “theological malpractice bordering on heresy.”

“"It is a form of theological malpractice that borders on heresy when you can p-r-a-y for a president and others when they are p-r-e-y, preying on the most vulnerable, you’re violating the most sacred principles of religion.”
Barber’s comments set the North Carolina Republican Party ablaze.

In a news release on Sunday, the party said it was “shocked and outraged” over Barber’s “claim that it’s a sin to pray for President Trump.”

“In the strongest possible terms, the NCGOP condemns the hateful actions of Dr. Rev. Barber, who cast tens of millions of people, of all faiths, who pray for the president, as sinners in a nationally broadcasted interview,” NCGOP Chairman Robin Hayes said in the news release. “As a pastor in North Carolina, Rev. Dr. Barber has crossed the line this time. Using his role as a supposed faith-based leader to falsely drive citizens away from praying for the good of our nation and our nation's president, is absolutely grotesque. The idea that it is a sin to pray for any individual, much less the commander-in-chief of our country, goes against any religious teaching that I have ever heard of. Rev. Dr. Barber is spreading a repulsive lie, and he should apologize immediately.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article161766248.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

I went to his church's website. It speaks of social justice and liberation theology. He is a political activist seeking retribution for the poor. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I went to his church's website. It speaks of social justice and liberation theology. He is a political activist seeking retribution for the poor. 

Well, that answers the whole question for me.  These 'religious' leaders aren't even as well versed in the Bible as the average layman.  It makes me wonder where they DID attend seminary or even if they did at all.

I didnt get past the "rev" part. 

The only one who is reverent is the LORD and anyone who has the audacity to call themselves reverend is very arrogant and confused, and misguided.

Which btw, when I look into his background; it is apparent my original discernment of him was spot on!

Im pretty sure this guy has been interviewed on hannity. He is full of arrogance and anger. Not exactly the fruit of the spirit :o

Blessings :) 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I dismiss anyone claiming the title of pastor and then condemning the act of praying for our leader, as the Bible instructs we should.
There are many a charlatan that assume the title of pastor in order to reap the reward$ that affords. It isn't heresy to pray for our president. This NAACP "leader" is irreverent in his judgment. God forgive him.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Posted in wrong thread.

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I wonder if this 'proclamation' by the Reverend is racially motivated? 

Guest shiloh357
On 7/17/2017 at 1:53 PM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

On MSNBC’s “AM Joy” on Saturday morning, Barber called the prayer “theological malpractice bordering on heresy.”

No, Black Liberation Theology is what amounts to heresy.