Pudgenik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

I put a little humorous question out in the humor column. Just for a little fun. 

I was thinking, "man, everyone is so serious here.". 

And what are the responces, nothing to do with the question.

All jumping around the title and " are you a Christian". 

So for those who have to ask that question, if I am a Christian or not.  Why don't you go ask the Holy Spirit? It is the best Witness.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Matthew 5:37  But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

30 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Matthew 5:37  But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

You do know the devil is really good at making all those biblical comebacks too. Just ask Jesus. 40 days in the desert.

So are you for Christ or anti-Christ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

I put a little humorous question out in the humor column. Just for a little fun. 

So for those who have to ask that question, if I am a Christian or not.  Why don't you go ask the Holy Spirit? It is the best Witness.

Maybe everybody wonders why it's so hard for you to answer a simple question.  At least I do.  You don't appear to be shy. Why can't you just shout it out, and end all this drama?  My spirit tells me you like to stir things up.  If you don't like people questioning your being a Christian, you may want to think about why that is.  You might have accepted the other's showing you the term "bible thumpers" was not very nice.

Bible thumper (also "Bible basher"; mainly US) Someone perceived as aggressively imposing their Christian beliefs upon others. The term derives from preachers thumping their hands down on the Bible, or thumping the Bible itself, to emphasize a point during a sermon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

there is nothing in the Gospel that say go and make people Christians. 

No where in the disciples Gospels and messages when they announced the good news of JESUS CHRIST they ever asked this question.

What did they do then? 

The scriptures say when someone believes in Jesus Christ, the Angels in Heaven rejoice. 

I never ask my self anyone questions like "are you born again", "is Jesus your Lord and Savior", or "do you know where you are going after you die", another one "do you know why you are going to Heaven" "have you repent from your sins", did you asked Jesus to forgive you",

"Have you ask Jesus to come in your heart", 

If someone is speaking about the faith of Jesus Christ, and things related to the Faith, why would he do that, if he did not believe. 

If he was an atheist, why would he support the cause of Jesus Christ. 

There are a few rare exceptions, but those are the exceptions. 

I don't need the confession of anyone, and neither does Jesus Christ, who knows from the faith in the heart of everyone, whether they believe or not. 

If I see someone participate in the praise and worship, and praying, this good enough confession for me. But not even that, why would I judge someone's else faith if for some reason someone is keeping to ones own self, does that mean he does not believe. 

If someone does not want to identify with the elders or the staff of a ministry, why does he have to be under their microscope , and be judge in everything according to some promise that he never made. And the same way as the Deacons, when he never asked to be one. 

When I meet people I always may find an opportunity to reinforce them, even the minimum faith they make have. 

For Jesus that's enough, even if they live in the world, and have the things of the world in mind, as long as they believe. 

JESUS said faith as a mustard seed can remove  Hell out of the way. 

This does not mean to encourage recless lifestyle, but it's the truth

"Even those who call on his name"

Believe in Jesus Christ, even though you don't live for him, (that was not meant for the OP). 

JESUS CHRIST also said that he likes cold Believers. 

If finally through the years of believing, I understand what Jesus Christ requires from me, why should now I judge others, who are in their own path of discovery. 

This is kind of my testimony, between the lines. 

I gave you a lot to read, hope I didn't not take you from reading the other replies. 

PS 

I don't believe that anyone doubts, that you are a believer, they just believe in the power of confession, or something like that, they believe that there is some special blessing in confessing and you can not have this blessings, but they may not know that you already have this blessing. 

They also some people  may think that some demon is in your life,  and does not let you do so. And by confessing you have a victory over that evil power. 

For some people to confess they see it as a victory over the power of the devil. 

I read a book about it, so I don't really know. 

Just may or may not be so.  

Thank you very much.

4 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Maybe everybody wonders why it's so hard for you to answer a simple question.  At least I do.  You don't appear to be shy. Why can't you just shout it out, and end all this drama?  My spirit tells me you like to stir things up.  If you don't like people questioning your being a Christian, you may want to think about why that is.  You might have accepted the other's showing you the term "bible thumpers" was not very nice.

Bible thumper (also "Bible basher"; mainly US) Someone perceived as aggressively imposing their Christian beliefs upon others. The term derives from preachers thumping their hands down on the Bible, or thumping the Bible itself, to emphasize a point during a sermon.

I don't see why you need me to answer a question you can simply ask the Holy Spirit. I'm beginning to think the reason you need me to answer is that you guys don't have enough faith to trust the answer you've gotten. That you need me to confirm the answer.

Silly thing, isn't it. If God were to tell you the sky is blue, that You'ld need someone to confirm that the sky is blue before you'ld believe it.

I'm not going to tell you anything, You'll just have trust your faith!

Edited by Pudgenik

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

there is nothing in the Gospel that say go and make people Christians. 

No where in the disciples Gospels and messages when they announced the good news of JESUS CHRIST they ever asked this question.

What did they do then? 

The scriptures say when someone believes in Jesus Christ, the Angels in Heaven rejoice. 

I never ask my self anyone questions like "are you born again", "is Jesus your Lord and Savior", or "do you know where you are going after you die", another one "do you know why you are going to Heaven" "have you repent from your sins", did you asked Jesus to forgive you",

"Have you ask Jesus to come in your heart", 

If someone is speaking about the faith of Jesus Christ, and things related to the Faith, why would he do that, if he did not believe. 

If he was an atheist, why would he support the cause of Jesus Christ. 

There are a few rare exceptions, but those are the exceptions. 

I don't need the confession of anyone, and neither does Jesus Christ, who knows from the faith in the heart of everyone, whether they believe or not. 

If I see someone participate in the praise and worship, and praying, this good enough confession for me. But not even that, why would I judge someone's else faith if for some reason someone is keeping to ones own self, does that mean he does not believe. 

If someone does not want to identify with the elders or the staff of a ministry, why does he have to be under their microscope , and be judge in everything according to some promise that he never made. And the same way as the Deacons, when he never asked to be one. 

When I meet people I always may find an opportunity to reinforce them, even the minimum faith they make have. 

For Jesus that's enough, even if they live in the world, and have the things of the world in mind, as long as they believe. 

JESUS said faith as a mustard seed can remove  Hell out of the way. 

This does not mean to encourage recless lifestyle, but it's the truth

"Even those who call on his name"

Believe in Jesus Christ, even though you don't live for him, (that was not meant for the OP). 

JESUS CHRIST also said that he likes cold Believers. 

If finally through the years of believing, I understand what Jesus Christ requires from me, why should now I judge others, who are in their own path of discovery. 

This is kind of my testimony, between the lines. 

I gave you a lot to read, hope I didn't not take you from reading the other replies. 

PS 

I don't believe that anyone doubts, that you are a believer, they just believe in the power of confession, or something like that, they believe that there is some special blessing in confessing and you can not have this blessings, but they may not know that you already have this blessing. 

They also some people  may think that some demon is in your life,  and does not let you do so. And by confessing you have a victory over that evil power. 

For some people to confess they see it as a victory over the power of the devil. 

I read a book about it, so I don't really know. 

Just may or may not be so.  

Thank you very much.

I know that you are sincere in your question. 

And as another person has commented, I do like to stir people up. Everything has a purpose.

It is important however, that people learn to correctly use thier gifts of the Holy Spirit. Especially Gifts like Discernment. So I put the question out there, what does the Holy Spirit tell you. If you don't know, that is ok, then just say it. And ask the Holy Spirit to teach you to open your mind.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

7 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Sad thing is whether you give a truthful Yes or No. Some will still question you or your motives. Even a no reply leaves them ready for a slip up.

Examples

Yes

Well you don't seem like a Christian because a Christian would not be afraid to answer right away.

No

Well now I can see why you choose to play games. I rebuke you for stirring up conflict and wasting time.

No answer

Humm now how can I catch him???? Throw scripture out there and see the response.

Since there are sensitive people out there.

I am giving EXAMPLES, thus the heading examples. I am not saying anyone has done this. Just examples to the context of this particular discussion that was posted. 

7 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Sad thing is whether you give a truthful Yes or No. Some will still question you or your motives. Even a no reply leaves them ready for a slip up.

Examples

Yes

Well you don't seem like a Christian because a Christian would not be afraid to answer right away.

No

Well now I can see why you choose to play games. I rebuke you for stirring up conflict and wasting time.

No answer

Humm now how can I catch him???? Throw scripture out there and see the response.

Since there are sensitive people out there.

I am giving EXAMPLES, thus the heading examples. I am not saying anyone has done this. Just examples to the context of this particular discussion that was posted. 

Yes you are right, it won't matter what I say. So it has become an exercise on using Discernment. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

I feel your pain. I really do as I have done the same thing in many of my post and some people just don't get.