• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just an alert for anyone that might become interested: a long out of print book is now  made available again. It is the third edition of;

The 

GREATEST BOOK

on

"DISPENSATIONAL TRUTH'

IN THE 

WORLD

By 

Clarence Larkin

100TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION IS AVAILABLE.

I just received mine, after waiting some  period of time for it's printing.

I had a very early 2nd edition, but it is  "lost" to my distress. But it is really great to have this one arrive and waiting at my door when I  returned home today!

I have been waiting for it to be printed and delivered for some time now,- and of course  it was printed and then shipped to me shipped while I was away. But there it was, standing tall at my front door unmolested to greet me. 

It is a joy to begin the peruse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

Cant' comment on the book, not having read it or even having a general idea of what it is saying.....but here in a nutshell right from scripture i believe is the purpose and plan of God to glorify Himself:

Ephesians 3:9-11

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord

What does the book talk about, can you give us a little summation?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

I think God's purpose revolves around this request from His own lips..."make Me a sanctuary that I may dwell among them"...God is today making individual sanctuaries that "Christ may dwell in us, the hope of glory". Thus why we need to be living lives of holiness and consecration. God cannot dwell in the presence of sin. Paul said,

1 Corinthians 1:9  God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

The apostle John declares 

1 John 1:3  That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Revelation culminates in His eternal presence with the children He has redeemed, "dwelling among them" for ever and ever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/18/2017 at 6:24 PM, Neighbor said:

Just an alert for anyone that might become interested: a long out of print book is now  made available again. It is the third edition of;

The 

GREATEST BOOK

on

"DISPENSATIONAL TRUTH'

IN THE 

WORLD

By 

Clarence Larkin

100TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION IS AVAILABLE.

I just received mine, after waiting some  period of time for it's printing.

I had a very early 2nd edition, but it is  "lost" to my distress. But it is really great to have this one arrive and waiting at my door when I  returned home today!

I have been waiting for it to be printed and delivered for some time now,- and of course  it was printed and then shipped to me shipped while I was away. But there it was, standing tall at my front door unmolested to greet me. 

It is a joy to begin the peruse.

I have a second edition and found it wonderful to find and read. I bought it in a basement christian book store 25 years ago and went back to buy more of his writings. Over the years I've changed some views on things but for the light he had with what was happening in the world in his time, his passion and love for the Word and his solid belief in what the bible says, I just loved reading his stuff. He wrote Jewish organizations that were considering buying land in North Africa for a Jewish State telling them "don't" because the scriptures say God will establish them back in the land. That was somewhere in the first two decades of the 20th century.

A preacher out of Philadelphia that loved Jesus.  I remember reading his book on the spirit world and found it wild at the time. It's worth looking thru my book chest to give it another read after so many years. Thanks for sharing, brings back early memories of biblical exploration.

14 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Cant' comment on the book, not having read it or even having a general idea of what it is saying.....but here in a nutshell right from scripture i believe is the purpose and plan of God to glorify Himself:

Ephesians 3:9-11

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord

What does the book talk about, can you give us a little summation?

The drawings of Charles Larkin  are featured in church libraries and offices. Linear expressions of  the timelines of Bible prophecy are often framed and displayed. His work is on Youtube and can  be  found via a search of Charles Larkin and prophecies.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

I thought the Bible was the 

GREATEST BOOK

on

"DISPENSATIONAL TRUTH'

IN THE 

WORLD

(whistling with eyes turned upwards).

Hahaha.

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

I thought the Bible was the 

GREATEST BOOK

on

"DISPENSATIONAL TRUTH'

IN THE 

WORLD

(whistling with eyes turned upwards).

Watch out, you might trip and smack your whistler.

I do enjoy so very much Larkin's manner  of graphing in art the analysis of Bible inspiration with the human interpretations rendered of them.

His chart "The Ages" as viewed  from different standpoints as the Jews, as the Post-mills., pre-mills., and as God sees them,  is a quick easy to follow rendering of vantage points of the same word of God the Bible. The various pen drawings of this engineering trained mind is very helpful in sensing the awesome task of reveal that is the Bible.

The book is not inspired, does not claim any such thing. It is a very interesting presentation of vast subject matter dealing in prophecy for the main, but leading to much practical application  of the Bible's laws and precepts as well as insight to prophecy  already come to pass and  yet to pass on into the future.

I find the charts "draw" me into reading the Bible.