IGNORED

Why do some professing Christians seem cold?

Gemstone777

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

God is love.

Know God, know love.

No God, no love.

Increasingly people are turning their backs on God.

You are not kidding around on this .   Most know not LOVE, and most who do know love , ITS A FALSE LOVE.  not true at all.

Love would not leave one in darkness and call it good.

Love does not behave itself unseemingly and yet today many call unseeminly acts LOVE.

man with man working that which is UNSEEMINLY.  

Most have traded sound doctrine and correction in for hugs only.  That is not love, never will be .

its hate.  For its written hate not your brother , suffer no sin upon him.  CORRECT HIM .  GOD is LOVE and HE SURE DOES correct , chasten, scourage All

WHOM HE does love.   Paul knew , as well as did john and the others what real love versus what the world thinks is love .

As paul once said...though the more ABUNDANTELLY I LOVE........the less I be LOVED.  cause urepentant ones hate correction.

BUT rebuke a wise man and he shall love thee.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

God is love.

Know God, know love.

No God, no love.

I have met many atheist, and some of them have a sacrificial love for their fellow man, no matter who that is. 

As being atheist they have no need to defend and protect any religious teritory, or doctrine. 

They spend them selves sacrificially helping others, because that's where they find their propose and strength. 

I only speak on behalf of those I have met and they are also forgiving and they have learned in the name of Love not to hold their kindness from those who disclike them. 

I only right this to emphasize that there is love in the world, but the world also needs the Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself to died on the Cross, to reconcile the whole word to God, and not only that, but to declare the whole world lost, and at the same time to declare that the Love of God, is that he gave his only Son, to die for the whole world, John 3:16. 

So there is one Savior for the Whole World. 

What the Lord God of the old Covenant could not to, JESUS CHRIST did, by his death on the Cross. 

That's what was all about, as the scriptures say, unless the Lord God leaves his first estate, and be born as Jesus Christ and die on the Cross, nothing will be accomplished. 

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

God is love.

Know God, know love.

No God, no love.

Amen brother! Blessed be the name of the LORD!  

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Do you think an atheist is loving when he denies the One who made him and died for his sins? Do you think an atheist loves another when he puts forth his diablolical reasons why there is no God, even if he smiles while helping another change a tire?

What I posted is not from reading posts about atheist and those that are on line arguing their possition, it is for meeting atheist in humanitarian actions, far away from controversial issues, so I am taking about by exposure to those people without any faith, which people call atheist, but actually they believe in love towards their fellow man and without any borders. 

They don't have to defend their religious affiliation, and or their doctrine, or become defenders of what they stand for. 

They just dedicate their love to all. 

This is something that can not be achieved by coultural Believers of any religion, even Christians. 

Certainly not in the forums , only in the feilds of compation. 

I understand that you have not been around people I have been my self, but then you may not speak for them, and also not against them. 

Food for thought. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Miss Muffet has the right of it, in my eyes. And I was one of them, for many years, raised in a Christian home, well-trained and read, too, and church every week...but it was not my faith, and so there was not love in my heart. There was pride, placing myself above others, not caring about their own spiritual state, unwilling to reach out. Praise God that He did not treat me the same and He continued to reach out to me until I learned my lesson. Many professing Christians are just that; they profess it, but do not live it. It has not changed them.

This is WISDOM. Works of The Holy Spirit.

Thank you!!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, gemstone777 said:

Steven,  

Thank you for your heart felt insight.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Yes, few find the gate.  I think that brings up another challenge that the lack of love sometimes exhibited in our churches create.  We are to test the spirits (1 John 4:1) to know if they are of God or not.  When people are not loving to others within the church is it a spiritual maturity issue, are they non believers "wolves in sheep's clothing," (Matthew 7:15,) etc.  Then it becomes hard to distinguish who your true brothers and sisters in Christ are.  I don't expect people to be perfect, we all make mistakes...even the most mature believers do.  Desiring people to be authentic and loving (the greatest 2 commandments...God and others) is obviously of the utmost importance and I think that's a good expectation/standard to have.  John 13:35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.  

You said in your above post, "When this relationship is what it should be we are complete in Him and are not dependent upon others in anyway in said completion."  I don't think wanting others to be loving makes us dependent upon them.  Desiring people to be loving is what God desires of them and us.  Not liking what sin has done to the world (lack of peace, love, unity, etc.) should make all believers sad, as I am sure it does our Father.  

Hebrews 10:38 is a good reference to not give up.  I don't plan on it! :) Galatians 6:9 is another good one... Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.   Just because I "feel" like being a hermit doesn't mean I will, but honestly sometimes I want to.  I was made for another world, this is not my home, and just thinking out loud I guess.  

Some things you said that I really liked is that the Holy spirit realigns motives is our hope, that our relationship with the Father/Jesus/Holy Spirit is priority, it will cost us a lot just like it did our Lord, and not to give up! :)  

Love in Christ, Gem

You said in your above post, "When this relationship is what it should be we are complete in Him and are not dependent upon others in anyway in said completion."  I don't think wanting others to be loving makes us dependent upon them.  Desiring people to be loving is what God desires of them and us.  Not liking what sin has done to the world (lack of peace, love, unity, etc.) should make all believers sad, as I am sure it does our Father.  

I am required by The Lord to place all my being by faith into Him.... one of the most outstanding verses in God's Word

2 Timothy 2:13 (KJV)

[13] If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

here in this verse lies the victory in all things that continue with Him eternally... it is in this place my soul is naked before Him and all assurance becomes unwavering! He has whispered it to us from the beginning even to this end the same in yesterday, today and the morrow....

Exodus 3:14 (KJV)

[14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Isaiah 46:10 (KJV)

[10] Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

I might fail, those around me might fail... but The One God =Father, Son and Holy Spirit will not and in this alone I rely in being to be kept and delivered daily... this is what I meant by expectation that cannot be disappointed :) 

Thank you  for your comments they were insightful :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

all the christians i know are loving.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Do you think an atheist is loving when he denies the One who made him and died for his sins? Do you think an atheist loves another when he puts forth his diablolical reasons why there is no God, even if he smiles while helping another change a tire?

OH may words like that sink deep into souls today.  Man cannot grasp agape love lest He is born again.

Their is no love in any, who know not the LOVE that comes from God.  

So many today THINK its love  be nice , hug or do good works, BUT this alone with no faith...............is iniquity.   

It serves one god......the god of the unholy mirror.    The reflection that stares back at us is the god we serve, IF we KNOW not THE LOVE that comes from  GOD.

and that LOVE a man nor woman knows LEST he or she is TRULY BORN AGAIN.

ITS HIGH TIME to contend for the true faith once delivered unto the saints.

I noticed something on another thread. Paul bashers were hard at work.

Todays mindset don't like men like paul , cause it don't fit the mold of todays ALL INCLUSIVE mindset.

But I leave any paul hates with this sound advice.

Paul actually did all to win souls both of the gentiles and jews.

He risked his own life and was oft in prison , beaten with stripes , with rods and stoned

eventually he died for the faith.   YET todays haters of paul............I bet not a one has lifted a finger to win souls LIKE PAUL DID

yet the quick to scorn the man , yet they themselves lift not a finger to preach the true gospel. THAT IS SO SAD>

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Just because I "feel" like being a hermit doesn't mean I will, but honestly sometimes I want to.

Some times you just need rest. You need to replenish yourself. There is nothing wrong with that. Some times we are directed to Be Still. It's not running away or being a hermit.

Some times its for our own protection. So we don't fall or stumble and get caught up in the chaos. We just have to learn a balance.

Feeling not of this world I can relate, but as you said

our relationship with the Father/Jesus/Holy Spirit is priority,  

So he will protect that, by pulling you away, healing your heart, suiting you up, and reminding you that you are his and then he'll send you back out their, to do your part.

TO DO YOUR PART. some times we want to do more. He just needs us to DO OUR PART.

Trust that he has the rest. He is God. Oh and he will send you what you need when it is needed.

You will recognize that true fellowship. It isn't necessarily a friend as MAN sees a friend, but it is a friend in that purpose of God.

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

My dad was and still is an atheist. I was an agnostic. Telling others lies is not loving them regardless of your affiliation. 

Denying God's testimony about His Son amounts to hating God.

I did not refered about your dad or your self in the past, as I said earlier, I was referring to those who believe in love towards their fellow man in need, but the do not believe in God. 

Paul mentioned similar situations with the Gentiles he met in his trips. 

The fact you have not met them that does  not mean they do not exist. 

Even JESUS CHRIST talk about a man who was not a Jew and who was moved by compation, "the good Samaritan", and his disciples could not relate, because they them selfs didn't have what it takes to be a good Samaritan, at the time. 

Statements like your last sentence, doesn't apply to atheist, but only to those who believe in God, and denied to believe in his Son. 

They are many groups like that as the Moslems, the Jews, and some other ones .

But as you can see, those groups profess their love for God, and they obviously disagree with your statement. 

Have it your way.