IGNORED

Why do some professing Christians seem cold?

Gemstone777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/19/2017 at 2:15 AM, gemstone777 said:

Thank you for your reply. :)  I understand they are human.  I understand we all need forgiveness and we must be merciful to others because we need mercy extended to us.  When do you say this is not how things should be, and stop tolerating unrepentive sinfulness that is damaging to unity, growing in maturity, and furthering the Gospel?  I've heard non-believers say that how some Christians have treated them, or observations of how they treat each other makes them want no part in it.  I know for some that is probably an excuse, but for others it's turned them off to Christianity.

In most of my post or replies i prefer to use the word "Believer" instead of "Christian".   I do so, because i feel that one who truly believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ would not hurt or abuse people as it this is not what is taught in the scriptures.  Those who call themselves Christians should also have that same empathy and following the teachings of the word, but because some attend church does not necessarily qualifies them to be Christians.

Plainly, anyone who willfully abuses and continues to practice those aggression is NOT  a Believer or a Christian.  They may have taken the name, but does not follow in the Lords footstep.   There are always tares among the wheat and discernment has to be used whenever.   Believers obeys the scriptures and at times may falter , but would not be an abuser of their brothers and sisters.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

17 hours ago, warrior12 said:

We have to do our part in being that candle on the lamp stand and it not being under the bed.

Problem is some become a fire burning down the house instead of the candle on the lamp stand.

As you said:

We have to do our part

Some try and do God's part.

God is in control

Yet some instead of bringing the Good News try and force it with scare tactics or harshness. I know this from experience. Reason why I stood away from church, Christians and God for a long time. 

The way Christians or if you want to say those that label themselves Christians, represent God is in an unloving, unforgiving manner.

They mention his love and forgiveness, yet drill how individuals are doomed, or not of God.

They focus more on the negative than stating the Glory of God.

This has been my experience. It's not all but there are many.

Matthew 9:37-38New King James Version (NKJV)

37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest

The original OP is speaking to witnessing this or these kind of Christians and because her Spirit is right she notices those that are not. It can be very discouraging and hurt a loving heart.

These Christian's intent may be well but they are not. Some don't even see it as a problem.

We must humble ourselves and correct ourselves before we attempt to correct others. Many do not do this, they just think they know it all because they read it and believe they live it. Some just walk it but possess not The Spirit of God at all. Fake it.

No MAN thinks as God does. We should not fool ourselves into thinking we do and thus not force others to believe or worship in our way or traditional way.

Jesus made it so that every individual can have their own personal relationship with him. 

MAN can not say who or when Jesus chooses to have a relationship. Yet MAN still does or tries.

6 hours ago, Redemption79 said:

anyone who has been in Church long enough know this is simply not the truth, but you are welcome to believe whatever you want to believe.

I have been in church for quite a while and have not seen things that would ruffle a person and abused .  If i saw that, then i would address it and  move out or find another church.  You don't have to sit and take abuse .   When i say falter, i mean, some people may go through difficulties in their daily life that may affect for example church attendance for a while or doing some duties that they are supposed to be doing at church ect.    

Again a born again believer follows the teachings of the Gospel as the lord and the apostles has laid it out.   Could you people give some examples of what you are speaking of in practical terms and happenings.  If you just label unloving and abusing and not define or say what that is, then you are just rumbling.

I have seen many who have left churches for disagreement of doctrine and church management which is quite a different matter.

Edited by warrior12

2 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

No MAN thinks as God does. We should not fool ourselves into thinking we do and thus not force others to believe or worship in our way or traditional way.

Here is an issue.  Some people think the church is a place where you go and can bring the world into it. Pastors taking the mantle to obey and preach the word as it is written makes some feel like their toes are stepped upon.  This is the pastor who do not compromise in allowing the world to infiltrate the place of worship that he has taken to uphold to the standard of the word.   Some people does not want to discipline their children and let them wear clothing and speak  in ways that shows disrespect to the Lord's house.   These are just a few that i have pointed out that i see conflicts with.  What are those you are contending.   Some pastors preach very softly while others shout and thump the pulpit, is that abuse or their way of getting across their message.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/19/2017 at 0:51 AM, gemstone777 said:

I'm a social, outgoing person.  I used to find it easier to make friends.  I'm finding it harder to find loyal, loving, genuine friendships as I get older. This is making me want to pull away from others and become a hermit.  I know God has called all of us to love others, and I do, but I want to love them from a distance.  I see the ugliness in the world, and it makes my heart sad.  I don't see how truly loving believers can treat people the way they sometimes do.  I want to continue to love others, but I don't want to allow others to hurt me, or watch them hurt others.  Some wisdom, Scriptures, and prayers would be most helpful, thanks!

Welcome to wisdom and experience.

50 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Some people think the church is a place where you go and can bring the world into it.

See this is a problem. God takes sinners as they are and works his Glory in them.

If sinners are of the world and the church is no place for the world, then it's no place for sinners and thus the church is pointless.

Jesus said:

Luke 5:32

32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

Also for a church or church members to put strict guidelines on who can come to church or how a person should build a relationship with God or learn of God, they are actually putting stumbling blocks before another.

Yet the "Christians"(ones we are speaking of in context) don't see how they are doing this.

As you stated: WE ARE TO DO OUR PART. 

Salvation, judgement, condemnation are God's Part.

Yet Christians want to constantly, drill into people they are not right, they are not accepted by Jesus unless they repent NOW and sin no more. Sorry only God can say this and do anything about it. Plus they act as if they aren't sinning themselves. (Rather hypocritical)

OUR PART: Bring The Good News. That Jesus loves them, can and will forgive them if they are willing to believe and accept him. Jesus is for them just as he is for us. We can aid in their learning journey but The Holy Spirit will shape them as God ordains.

GOD'S PART: Everything else. His timing, his grace, his forgiving, his salvation, his judgement, his condemnation if he sees fit. He does as He wants and He is not limited to our Bible nor our thoughts. 

Yet Christians want to SPEAK FOR HIM. 

Psst, God does not need MAN to speak for him. He is capable of making Himself known.

Warrior12, maybe you just have not encountered The Christians I speak of. Or those the OP and others have spoken of, but they do exist.

Unfortunately they are Christians or called Christians, because religiously and law wise they may be, but somewhere in there they lack the full measure of The Spirit.

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Some people think the church is a place where you go and can bring the world into it

Matthew 18:20New International Version (NIV)

20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them

Good thing is Jesus does not only go to Church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Most are unlovable.

Yet we do what is right concerning others despite it all. For example forgiving some jerk who doesn't deserve it... because after all, we have been forgiven much... should we not forgive the little?

The longer we live the more we see the depravity in others... and in ourselves.

And we learn that the polly anna way we once looked at life and humanity has little to do with reality.

The many friends.... always being helpful... always being faithful...

I am a people person.

I am a great public servant and customer servant.

I quite often made $100 tips on individual runs in the limousine business. So I know how to be winsome and subservient (which most people eat up).

But I learned a long time ago through a series of betrayals that true friends  (the real deal / what a friend actually is) are NOT the frequent acquaintances most define as friends. And having hoards of them does not enrich your life.

Jesus is the best friend you can have. ← that is what truly enriches your life. 

Next to that is your spouse. ← that is what truly enriches your life. 

And next to that is... yourself. ← that is what truly enriches your life.  

A friend is actually a fiduciary or they are no friend. And this is a two way street by the way.

People in general...

Cast your bread upon the waters and it will return to you.

Your bread is your time talent treasure

the waters are people

and the return is blessings from... from... not people! But the Lord who commissions us to do this.

The return is his reward.

The bread you cast will be devoured by people like piranhas.

I hope this casting of my bread helps.

20 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

See this is a problem. God takes sinners as they are and works his Glory in them.

If sinners are of the world and the church is no place for the world, then it's no place for sinners and thus the church is pointless.

I think when people go to their jobs the dress appropriately and behave to the standard expected of them.   When i say the world, i think you have to use your imagination a bit.  Yes, the church is also a place of refuge and also to nurture the weaker ones and to show and demonstrate the compassion of Believers.  But it is also to be respected and not to be seen as a place where people sharing the gospel and gathering together to worship their God as doormats.   When measures are taken to set some protocols within a church, some see it as draconian and legalistic.   You have to admit though, some people just take advantage of the kindness and offerings the church provides and does not want to be participants in the body as a whole.  Much can be said about this, but i would rest here as each to his own experience .   We should be reminded of the way the Ark of the Covenant and the way the Lord gave commandments of its' duties. It's a serious thing that many who go to the house of Lord take for granted.   The Lord does not reside in buildings per say, but it is where the saints gather to meet with thier God in union and utmost respect should be shown and displayed there. 

10 hours ago, warrior12 said:

You have to admit though, some people just take advantage of the kindness and offerings the church provides and does not want to be participants in the body as a whole.

Exactly, I agree, just as some hide behind the name Christian but commit self righteousness within the church. It is all wrong because the main focus should be God. However MAN falls short and we all are learning to be better.

I understand and agree with your points. God should be respected by ALL. In church and out, but we know that is not the case.

Each and every person has battles. It is easier to see others than to admit ones own. We all suffer from a bit of self-righteousness. Some a little more than others. 

We should know better when we become Christians, but we must also remember He does the TRUE teaching. We all learn different and at different times, different lessons. Hopefully when the time of Judgement comes, we are as He intends for us to be.