Trapped

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I feel trapped. There is a woman in my town that is wanted for a crime and I think I know where she is. I am a friend of hers but do not condone her behavior. I feel the Christian thing to do is notify authorities where she is due to the situation she caused. I don't know how to assure anonymity if I do it and I also need to know if Jesus wants me to help or not get involved. Trapped between friend and Morales.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Personally I would make a call to the cops and tell them. Most police depts have a silent witness type line where you can make an anonymous tip like that. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Morals, and your conscious, are better sources to lead you, than friends. Know your Bible, and never let you conscious over power it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Petersburg

Welcome to Worthy.....certainly the first thing to do is seek the Lords Guidance & Direction and I would think that He just might Lead," you straight to her.....you say she is a friend of yours so then it may be best to go to her trusting Holy Spirit Will Convict her heart through you    Perhaps if you tell her you will go with her to turn herself in & help her through it,support and encourage her to do what is right    It's hard to give advice when I know so little,I don't know if she is a Christian & I don't know the severity of the crime....for example,if she is a murderer or a violent type and a danger to others then I might say,"Call the police" But if she were "a friend" of mine I don't believe I would want to be anonymous.I had a very good friend who had warrants,a drug addict.....me & another friend of hers convinced her to turn herself in and because it was the beginning of the weekend we all stayed at my house until Monday so she wouldn't chicken out (no magistrate on the weekend so she would have sat in  county holding for nothing for 2 days) I think "friends" should help friends if its possible before calling the police

Another friend wouldn't turn themselves in and I didn't call the police but he was not a danger to anyone,he ended up in prison for 5 years ,another drug related crime.......As Sojourner mentioned,it may seem harsh but better they pay now and sometimes God Allows these things because He Has been trying to get their attention but they were distracted by the world.......I said to my friend who was sentenced to 5 years "The Lord Has your undivided attention now,doesn't He?" It may sound cold but it isn't,he was brought to his knees and got through those 5 years with the Comfort,Joy & Peace of the Lord God......Eternally Saved,5 yrs was nothing compared to Eternity

Anyway,I'm praying you hear Gods Voice and just follow wherever He Leads,no matter what that may be- Praise Jesus            With love-in Christ,Kwik                      

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

The police will keep you anonymous if you tell them to.  The thing to do is to let them know and maybe it will help her to not continue in this crime.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

Praying!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, Petersburg9 said:

I feel trapped. There is a woman in my town that is wanted for a crime and I think I know where she is. I am a friend of hers but do not condone her behavior. I feel the Christian thing to do is notify authorities where she is due to the situation she caused. I don't know how to assure anonymity if I do it and I also need to know if Jesus wants me to help or not get involved. Trapped between friend and Morales.

prayers for you and her. I guess what we think is right is a matter of perspective. If she was my friend the right thing would be pray for wisdom and pray the Lord grant her repentance and renew a right spirit in her. I would pray till i felt compelled to speak to her. i would go be honest with her and not shield her from seeing the truth about her situation. It would be right to to tell her shes just digging a huge hole for herself and the end of the path she is on is pretty much prison, mental hospital or death.. I think the right thing would be to let her know there is peace in doing what is right in the sight of God and a hope for her futute. Right to me would be tell her how much the Lord loves her and to share the gospel and let her know if she does whats right a stops running from her mistakes i would stand beside her as she faces them because i am her friend but i cant be a partner in crime and help her hide from the police because i am a christian first. But like some one told you. you should ask the Lord how he wants to use you in this situation. i would alsi tell her if she doesnt turn herself in she needs to leave and not telk me because if the police ask im telling the truth.

Edited by Reinitin