Punishment

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How does God handle someone who wronged somebody in a wicked way? Do they just "get away with it" until Judgement day? Or does God cause problems for that individual appropriate to the wrong they committed?
My girlfriend was wronged by someone in a very wicked way and I am tempted to do something about it but I am trying to leave it for God and have belief that he won't allow this person to laugh at my girlfriend's misfortune.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

You should definitely leave it for God. If you attempt to seek vengeance, you place yourself for judgement. Don't let the wicked taint your soul.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

How would you know what an appropriate response/retribution would be? The wages of sin is death. Do you think you could do better than that? Better to forgive...treat others as you would have them treat you if you were in their position.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 7/19/2017 at 5:31 PM, DeeDee79 said:

How does God handle someone who wronged somebody in a wicked way? Do they just "get away with it" until Judgement day? Or does God cause problems for that individual appropriate to the wrong they committed?
My girlfriend was wronged by someone in a very wicked way and I am tempted to do something about it but I am trying to leave it for God and have belief that he won't allow this person to laugh at my girlfriend's misfortune.

I would also leave it for God and forget it. Without checking on the Lord. I was taught that when the Lord punishes a person that means He loves  him and is hoping for his correction but the worst thing is when the person is not punished and continues in his sins and that means he will surely end in hell.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  895
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,598
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

Depends.

If it's bad enough, I know I can ask my Heavenly Father for forgiveness for knocking someone's head from their shoulders or shooting them dead.

As I said, it depends.

At certain points Jesus said put down thy sword. But then he said to purchase a sword.

I remember a huge man once said after pummeling another guy who hit him first... "The Lord said offer him the left cheek then the right... I did., Then he hit me again and I had no further instructions so I put him in the hospital."

God does not intend us to be doormats for Satan and his people.

When it serves the higher good or gets to a hard heart, then the Lord may require us to make even the ultimate sacrifice in his name.

But he will tell us when that time comes.

Defend your family. Stand up to bullies. Speak out against injustice. Right wrongs.

The passiveness that passes for righteousness these days is not biblical!

God is practical. Remember that. If it serves a higher purpose, he may call us to leave Ur of the Chaldees to a place he will show. But he will let us in on it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

30 or so years ago one of the most devastating tackles in our national rugby team was asked how he harmonized that aspect of his game with his very open Christian faith. His answer...

It is more blessed to give than to receive.