ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

http://www.azfamily.com/story/35926191/sen-john-mccain-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer

Hopefully he will step down. I was thinking of starting a recall on him in the fall anyway.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

Hopefully he can beat this, seems his political career is a secondary concern right now

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

I just saw this on FB.  Even though I am often irritated by Sen. McCain, this is just terrible news and I am praying for him and his family.  I hope we can all put our politics aside and think of our fellow American who is in a bad place right now.

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I just saw this on FB.  Even though I am often irritated by Sen. McCain, this is just terrible news and I am praying for him and his family.  I hope we can all put our politics aside and think of our fellow American who is in a bad place right now.

Yes indeed. Praying!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

2 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Yes indeed. Praying!

:)

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

http://www.azfamily.com/story/35926191/sen-john-mccain-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer

Hopefully he will step down. I was thinking of starting a recall on him in the fall anyway.

My brother died of brain cancer and he was treated by mayo. JB was only 50. I dont wish MCCain die but at his age it doesnt look good. I pray for his family. Its an ugly disease.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I saw a linked article on FB about this, and I followed the link.  The article focused on the democrat's reaction to the news - citing statements by Pelosi, Hoyer, Obama and others.  

To a person, they were very complimentary of McCain - praising him to the skies.

The comments section of the article was revealing, as well.  Sadly, some of the more bitter and at times obscene ones illustrated the depth of the country's current political divide.  It is bleak, indeed.

First off (and this shouldn't even need to be said) I am saddened to hear that the Senator has this diagnosis.  Cancer is something I would not wish on anyone (well except perhaps a couple of history's worst dictators and tyrants).  While Senator McCain is the poster boy for the establishment and what is wrong in DC, his ranking is nowhere near the worst of the worst when one has a historical perspective.

I will be praying for him and his family - as all Christians should.

But circle back for a moment to the reaction of the democrats - keeping in mind that EVERYTHING they do is political.  Democrats of the caliber of Pelosi and Obama would (in my opinion) throw their own mothers under the bus if they could score political points.

In this, the democrats have been handed a gift.

McCain was always the most reliable republican to roll over for democrats - thus he's the democrats' favorite.  He worships at the altar of 'bipartisanship' (defined as giving democrats everything they want).  His first commandment is "thou shalt reach across the aisle."

Therefore by praising McCain (and by contrast, cursing the 'evil' Trumpians who refuse to 'reach across the aisle'), they can further divide while at the same time looking like they're not doing so.

"See, this is what DC was like before Trump arrived" they'll say.  While nothing could be further from the Truth.  If you don't believe it, then just Google  some of the things the same democrats were saying about McCain when he had the 'audacity' to run against Obama in 2008 (probably the only time dems. said anything negative about him).

"Crazy old man."  "Will start WWIII."  "Senile".  

So while the call will go out to "rise above the politics" and honor the man, if this call is coming from a senior democrat, take it with a grain of salt.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Praying.