IGNORED

Their at it again, Sorry, the Shroud of Turin is a fake. Haz.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

The Shroud of Turin is stained with the blood of a torture victim, a new study claims

THE Shroud of Turin is stained with the blood of a torture victim, according to a new study which backs up claims it was used to bury Jesus Christ.

The SunNews Corp Australia Network
News Corp Australia Network
July 18, 20179:47am

THE Shroud of Turin is stained with the blood of a torture victim, according to a new study. Picture: News Corp

THE Shroud of Turin is stained with the blood of a torture victim, according to a new study which backs up claims it was used to bury Jesus Christ.

The linen cloth, believed to have been used to wrap the body of Jesus after his crucifixion, contains “nanoparticles” which are not typical of the blood of a healthy person.

Elvio Carlino, a researcher at the Institute of Crystallography in Bari, Italy, says the tiny particles “have recorded a scenario of great suffering, whose victim was wrapped up in the funeral cloth”.

These particles had a “peculiar structure, size and distribution”, according to University of Padua professor Giulio Fanti.

Juan Pablo di Pace on Playing Jesus 4:14

Juan Pablo di Pace stars as Jesus Christ in NBC's "A.D. The Bible Continues" mini-series. He discusses his role and what's next with Tanya Rivero. Photo: NBC/"A.D. The Bible Continues"

RELATED: Jesus’ tomb gets $4 million makeover.

The Holy Shroud, a 14 foot-long linen revered by some as the burial cloth of Jesus, is shown at the Cathedral of Turin. Picture: APSource:AP

He says they are not typical of the blood of a healthy person as they show high levels of substances called creatinine and ferritin, found in patients who suffer forceful multiple traumas like torture.

Professor Fanti said: “Hence, the presence of these biological nanoparticles found during our experiments point to a violent death for the man wrapped in the Turin Shroud.”

The Shroud of Turin, which measures around three metres by one metre and contains a faintly stained image of a man, has been venerated for centuries by Christians as the burial shroud of Jesus.

It has been subject to intense scientific study to ascertain its authenticity.

The new findings were published in the US scientific journal, PlosOne, in an article titled ‘New Biological Evidence from Atomic Resolution Studies on the Turin

The findings contradict claims that the shroud was forged in the Medieval era.

Fanti said the characteristics of these particles “cannot be artefacts made over the centuries on the fabric of the Shroud”.

Researchers drew on experimental evidence of atomic resolution studies and recent medical studies on patients who suffered multiple acts of trauma and torture.

Elvio added that the research marked the first study of “the nanoscale properties of a pristine fibre taken from the Turin Shroud”.

The research was carried out by the Instituo Officia dei Materiali in Trieste and the Institute of Crystallography in Bari, both under Italy’s National Research Council, as well as the University of Padua’s Department of Industrial Engineering.

A computer reconstruction based on the Shroud of Turin of what Jesus of Nazareth may have looked like. Picture: News CorpSource:News Corp Australia

The shroud is currently displayed at St John the Baptist Cathedral in Turin.

During a visit to the city in 2015, Pope Francis paused in silent prayer before the Shroud.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/archaeology/the-shroud-of-turin-is-stained-with-the-blood-of-a-torture-victim-a-new-study-claims/news-story/d09cb1e179300678e4908bf7d75541b9

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We believers in Christ and God's Word know its a fake because the Word of God says, they tore out Jesus's beard. The shroud shows a full beard and also long hair, Jesus would not have long hair or Paul would not have recorded in Scripture;

1 Cor. 11:14, Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Isa. 50:6, I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair:  I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

Jesus was buried in linen clothes,("plural as in stripes as was the traditional way"), and He had a napkin which covered his head, which was found in a place folded separately.

John 20:5-6, v. 5, And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.

v 6, Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

(Again, clothes, plural), not one sheet as the shroud is?)

John 20:7, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I never believed in this shroud - perhaps considered it before I was saved but not after .  The thought occurred to me perhaps this an example of  on of the many  false Christ's we were warned about by Jesus.

Exodus 20:4, Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Jesus is now in heaven above and does not want or need any icons of Himself here on earth for us to worship, He teaches that we should worship the Father and give the Father all glory and honour, in Jesus name.

The shroud is not only, fake, its an icon, worshiped and prayed over by many millions of catholic  people who are being led down the wrong path by their church. Even their Pope and Popes before him worship and prey before this relic / icon.

"The shroud is currently displayed at St John the Baptist Cathedral in Turin.

During a visit to the city in 2015, Pope Francis paused in silent prayer before the Shroud."[/quote].

I have never believe in it either. Jesus would never want any relics of Himself, or any one else for people to bow down to. God even hid Moses body so Israel would not use it as a relic. The devil wanted Moses body, he would have made it available to the people for to be worshiped, and God sent the  Arc angel Michael to bury Moses.

Jude 1:9, Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Deut. 34:5-6, v. 5, So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.

v. 6, And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

Guest Teditis

In my mind there's no real arguing for or against it. In it's details, it depicts the body of a man

that was beaten, whipped and crucified and has other similarities to the body of our Lord, Jesus.

It's been examined by many experts in a host of fields of studied and it just can't be ascertained

how it was manufactured nor can it be dated to any specific time period although there are some

evidences that it was of 1st century origins... though it doesn't have the proper provenances to

support that claim... but rather was first recorded to the best of our knowledge around 1350.

We don't have anything in the Bible to tell us about the exact features of the burial clothes used

in Jesus' burial and so nothing conflicts with the Shroud being authentic... however we don't have

enough to prove that it is fake. Either way, it eludes both camps of critics and "believers".

With all of that being the case and facts of the matter the only thing left for us to do is wonder about

it... lock it away and occasionally bring it out for ppl to view... which is what the Catholic Church does

with it. Situation resolved, in my opinion.