Broken2007

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know why a pastor would tell a person to get house to pray against evil spirits? I've heard of people using salt with scorcery but there were also many uses for salt in biblical days. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

When Jesus used the word salt He was speaking of flavoring in food, and that we also should add flavoring to our society.  

I don't know why your pastor should want you to pray against evil spirits in your house unless people are being attacked by the enemy there.  Sometimes if a house has been used for evil purposes we should cleanse it of any reference to its past and dedicate it to the Lord.  All things used for sorcery, any idols, or any unclean thing should be removed, especially because they may cause a weaker brother to stumble.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

When your Pastor asked you to pray against evil spirits he should have referred you to Ephesians 6:13-17 which is the full armor of God.

Salt is a preservative. Believers in Christ are preservatives to our world in preserving it from evil. Salt is also used as a flavor enhancer. Born again believers who have the Holy Spirit within them influence the world for good as salt is a good accompaniment to our food. Only those who are obedient to Christ and true followers can remain salt and light of our world.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

I don't know where you got the salt reference , as a Christian you with the holy spirit can pray a protection on your home , ask the Lord to show you any evil or occult items in your home , get rid of them , if you can . I've volunteered in op shops for many years , and you'd be surprised how many people bring in items or books etc saying " they feel weird or not right and they have to get rid of them " .

Ask our Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you , and to cleanse your home and all within it , ask that the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ cover the home and all within it , then thank God for his love and grace . 

Admin if I've overstepped please delete , this is coming from a deliverence ministry I was involved with many years ago ( Methodist ) 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

petula, I do not think there is anything that would make me think to delete your post, but asking me not to, would not aaffect my decision, it is either appropriate, or it is not.

However, I or another, may move the thread elsewhere, as this is not what this part of the forum is for. The very first line in the first thread in this forum area says:

"The purpose of the Seeker's Forum is strictly for the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 7/23/2017 at 4:05 PM, Willa said:

When Jesus used the word salt He was speaking of flavoring in food, and that we also should add flavoring to our society.  

I don't know why your pastor should want you to pray against evil spirits in your house unless people are being attacked by the enemy there.  Sometimes if a house has been used for evil purposes we should cleanse it of any reference to its past and dedicate it to the Lord.  All things used for sorcery, any idols, or any unclean thing should be removed, especially because they may cause a weaker brother to stumble.  

Im sorry I should have been a little more specific. It was not my own pastor but another minister. I am very well aware of what the bible says about salt and us christians being the salt of the earth. I was just trying to figure if anyone was familiar with this being done and if it was sorcery. I already knew the enemy was attacking my family because God does not allow things to come upon me without revealing them to me and has already instructed me on this. Again i just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of someone doing this. Thank you all for your responses tho.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Sorry omega  , I tried to answer a query , that's why I asked admin to remove my post if I overstepped . Haven't a clue how to move posts , I respect and love Worthy and would not knowingly give wrong information , just wanted to help ' broken ' , prayed , and remembered an old deliverence ministry , omega I didn't ask you not to remove my post , crumbs , if I do the wrong thing I want my post moved fast , knowing your sense of humour mega , your probably thinking of removing this one , not a problem , thanks mega ,

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Praying against spirits or using salt to get rid of them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I'm a little confused. Is he advising you to buy a house to use that house to pray, or is a house you own under demonic attack?