• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, Mateo said:

Why try something that you know you'll fail at?

Because Life is not in the works but in The Person of Jesus and He in us The Hope of Glory... The born from God here have incentive from new nature to obey God and we fail but that never defeats but presses us to further our effort because God sees this as love returned to Him

1 John 5:2 (KJV)

[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

[5] Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

If you notice verse five does not give the obedience that overcomes but our faith in believing Jesus is the Son of God Who 'IS' The Only Sinless man for all eternity! In That the doctrine of substitutionary atonement is understood...  

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Because Life is not in the works but in The Person of Jesus and He in us The Hope of Glory... The born from God here have incentive from new nature to obey God and we fail but that never defeats but presses us to further our effort because God sees this as love returned to Him

1 John 5:2 (KJV)

[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

[5] Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

If you notice verse five does not give the obedience that overcomes but our faith in believing Jesus is the Son of God Who 'IS' The Only Sinless man for all eternity! In That the doctrine of substitutionary atonement is understood...  

How can we say we know Him and not keep His commandments?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

9 minutes ago, Mateo said:

How can we say we know Him and not keep His commandments?

Faith is the key built solely upon The Lord in this way... I fail as The Holy Spirit convicts and I repent to My Lord and set my path in a different direction upon which God says

1 John 1:9 (KJV)

[9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

and again

Romans 8:31 (KJV)

[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

[32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

[33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

[34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

[35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Christians are both sinners and saints. All humans are born in sin but not all humans are saints. Saint is another word for the born again Christian. Christians sins are washed clean because we have accepted Jesus Christ who died on the Cross for us. His blood has washed away our sins. We need to repent of our daily sins to Christ. Christians sin everyday without even knowing it. We will not be made perfect until we get to heaven.

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Faith is the key built solely upon The Lord in this way... I fail as The Holy Spirit convicts and I repent to My Lord and set my path in a different direction upon which God says

1 John 1:9 (KJV)

[9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

and again

Romans 8:31 (KJV)

[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

[32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

[33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

[34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

[35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

And you expect to always fail?

8 minutes ago, Mateo said:

And you expect to always fail?

I am really at a loss here on your purpose ... I joined this convo testifying that I expect to be sinless when taken from this world into the presence of Jesus as I quoted  with Scripture to you... gave a Biblical defense even: not very many post back and now your asking this ??? Let me ask you straight out do you still sin?

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy,
(Jud 1:24)
He is able, but due to our old nature it doesn't mean we will not trip up.

Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.
(1Pe 4:1-2)
 Yes we are to have that desire and mind but due to our old nature we sometimes fail.

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.
(2Pe 1:5-10)

Because Peter uses the word 'increasing' it signifies we have a way to go and are not there yet.

For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you. So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
(Rom 8:2-12)
This is simply comparing the regenerate with the natural, one who walks after the Spirit as to one who has not the Spirit. Nothing about perfection. 

1. It still says He is able so I'll believe that.

2. I can say no to the old nature. That is part of suffering in the flesh.

3. Peter still says we will never fail. If we practice these qualities 

4. If someone walks after the Spirit will they sin?

4 minutes ago, Mateo said:

1. It still says He is able so I'll believe that.

2. I can say no to the old nature. That is part of suffering in the flesh.

3. Peter still says we will never fail. If we practice these qualities 

4. If someone walks after the Spirit will they sin?

You tell me do you sin?

Those who are lost souls are referred to sinners in the word of God. We must make sure our opinions line up with the word. Christians may fall to occasional sin but they sure dont make sin a habit!  A particular "classification" of "persons" is cleared up in Gods word.

Sinners:

Mark 2:17 - When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Saints:

Romans 1:7 - To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 5:8 - And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Revelation 14:12 - Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Romans 1:7 - To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalms 30:4 - Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

There is much more scripture I could have posted because "lost souls" is referred to in Gods word as well. Saints are NOT classified as sinners but we are a NEW CREATION IN CHRIST. 

We are heirs to the throne and sinners are NOT.

Romans 8: 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ — if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him. 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ — if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Sinners do not inherit the kingdom. Sinners and saints are a different people.

Blessings :)

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I am really at a loss here on your purpose ... I joined this convo testifying that I expect to be sinless when taken from this world into the presence of Jesus as I quoted  with Scripture to you... gave a Biblical defense even: not very many post back and now your asking this ??? Let me ask you straight out do you still sin?

If I do sin I have an advocate but I don't believe I will always sin. I'm not sure if I still sin but I am capable, but I don't have. And I trust God can keep me from sin.