• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, Mateo said:

In context 1 John 1:8 is to someone who doesn't agree they have sin to be cleansed of as stated in 1 John 1:7. That's why in 1 John 1:9 he gives the alternative and repeateds what he is teaching in verse 7.

where in the Bible does it say a Christian has a habit of sinning daily?

I have given you scripture to show you that every human sins daily. You have a choice to believe what the literal word of God has to say. Life is full of choices.

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

I have given you scripture to show you that every human sins daily. You have a choice to believe what the literal word of God has to say. Life if full of choices.

I don't understand why someone who calls themselves Christian would behave has you do. I think when you don't believe you can be free from sin you can freely not express the love of Christ when ever you want. Or it could be that Christ was never formed in you from the beginning. I'm still trying to figure these things out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mateo said:

I don't understand why someone who calls themselves Christian would behave has you do. I think when you don't believe you can be free from sin you can freely not express the love of Christ when ever you want. Or it could be that Christ was never formed in you from the beginning. I'm still trying to figure these things out.

Mateo, you do realize you are proving what everyone has been trying to show you, by your remark above to your fellow Christian, missmuffet.

1Jn 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us

1Ti 1:15  This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

5 hours ago, Mateo said:

without being seen as a heretic

1st off, anyone who speaks against common belief is going to be seen as a heretic.

Don't worry about this.

Christ is your salvation not MAN nor MAN's system of belief.

5 hours ago, Mateo said:

believe that we will always sin.

Since The Fall, Adam in the garden, MAN is subject to sin.

I'm gonna give a brief account as to how. (This is my opinion and understanding)

What Satan did in the Garden was open MAN to what is sin. Now many believe sin is in the individual sins and acts that we can list with numerous scripture and Laws.

In fact what Satan did was open the mind to Confusion.

So every MAN born after the fall is born into a flesh body with a confused mind. So everything MAN thinks, believes and does is done under this confusion. Sin all sin happens due to this confusion. We don't think so, we will say no but a confused mind will believe whatever it tells it's self.

Jesus with his sacrifice not only made it so God could forgive us our sins of the past but he also left with us The Holy Spirit. 

The Holy Spirit is the only thing that can justly and righteously convict us of sin and redirect us to not sin or try our best not to.

Yes we have Laws, but it is said law without Spirit means nothing.

Now you can say, well if we chose not to believe then how do we sin?

MAN's choices without the Holy Spirit is confused and anything he thinks or chooses not to think is done under total confusion and thus sin.

Now I'm not saying that once we have the Spirit we can not sin, we still can. Reason is not because The Spirit fails but because once again WE have a confused mind and are prone to sin because of it.

So when they say we will be sinless in his presence, it's probably the point where God will remove the confusion once and for all and thus removing the sin. Makes sense, when the flesh dies the confusion dies with it. 

Once again this is my opinion and my understanding.

Go with God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

6 hours ago, Mateo said:

I'm not sure how these verse say that we will be sinless only after His return.

the Answer was on your lips, sin was condemn  in the flesh, and when he come we will get NEW BODIES.  Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh". for the wages of sin is DEATH. 1 Corinthians 15:54 & 55 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.  55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

as for our bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body". 1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is".

22 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Since The Fall, Adam in the garden, MAN is subject to sin.

this is correct, but before the fall, scripture, Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope". him here meaning GOD.

6 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Mateo, you do realize you are proving what everyone has been trying to show you, by your remark above to your fellow Christian, missmuffet.

1Jn 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us

1Ti 1:15  This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Why does Paul say he is chief?

5 hours ago, 101G said:

the Answer was on your lips, sin was condemn  in the flesh, and when he come we will get NEW BODIES.  Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh". for the wages of sin is DEATH. 1 Corinthians 15:54 & 55 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.  55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

as for our bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body". 1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is".

Why ignore the verse after 1 John 3:2?

GINOLJC

4 hours ago, Mateo said:

Why ignore the verse after 1 John 3:2?

no need, for Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God"

10 minutes ago, 101G said:

GINOLJC

no need, for Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God"

Yes it's a work of God who works righteousness in us. All the more we ought to have faith that He can keep us from falling/sinning. To deny that is to deny the power and gift of God.