• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Mateo said:

If I do sin I have an advocate but I don't believe I will always sin. I'm not sure if I still sin but I am capable, but I don't have. And I trust God can keep me from sin.

I didn't understand this can you reword to help?

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

I didn't understand this can you reword to help?

Sorry I don't have to sin. It's possible to sin but I trust that God can keep me. At the moment I don't know of any sins against myself. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

4 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Those who are lost souls are referred to sinners in the word of God. We must make sure our opinions line up with the word. Christians may fall to occasional sin but they sure dont make sin a habit!  A particular "classification" of "persons" is cleared up in Gods word.

Sinners:

Mark 2:17 - When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Saints:

Romans 1:7 - To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 5:8 - And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Revelation 14:12 - Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Romans 1:7 - To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalms 30:4 - Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

There is much more scripture I could have posted because "lost souls" is referred to in Gods word as well. Saints are NOT classified as sinners but we are a NEW CREATION IN CHRIST. 

We are heirs to the throne and sinners are NOT.

Romans 8: 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ — if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him. 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ — if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Sinners do not inherit the kingdom. Sinners and saints are a different people.

Blessings :)

Were not really defining terms here as we are saying while God's children we still fail in sin after being born again.... as some say they no longer sin!

Just now, Mateo said:

Sorry I don't have to sin. It's possible to sin but I trust that God can keep me. At the moment I don't know of any sins against myself. 

No one has said have to... since you have been born again unto a living hope have you sinned?

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

No one has said have to... since you have been born again unto a living hope have you sinned?

Yes, because we all come into the Kingdom as Children and we need to be chastised so that we can share in His Divine nature. See Hebrews 12: 5-12.

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Were not really defining terms here as we are saying while God's children we still fail in sin after being born again.... as some say they no longer sin!

I probably should have quoted missmuffet when she said

"Christians are both sinners and saints. "

I was clearing that up!

Perhaps my input is more useful than you might think on this thread.

When we understand our new identity in Christ,it is more difficult to cave to our flesh!

We are a new creation in Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:13 13No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Which goes hand in hand with :

Philippians 4:13 13I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Paul is speaking to saints and not sinners.

4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

In Romans 8 all who are born again 'are led by the Spirit'. That includes the ongoing process of purging and chastising His Children in loving correction. They need correction because their faith is not at 100%, my faith is not at 100%, is yours? Do you love and trust the Lord your God with All your heart, ALL your mind, ALL your soul ALL the time? If not, those times you are sinning.

I believe I do. If not,  God will show me. I will then repent and He will cleanse me.

Today actually, I remember that I was coveting a life that I did not have(going through a lot with sickness and poverty at the moment), so I confessed to God and now my thoughts are content. I believe He cleansed me of that covetousness in my heart.

3 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I probably should have quoted missmuffet when she said

"Christians are both sinners and saints. "

I was clearing that up!

Perhaps my input is more useful than you might think on this thread.

When we understand our new identity in Christ,it is more difficult to cave to our flesh!

We are a new creation in Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:13 13No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Which goes hand in hand with :

Philippians 4:13 13I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Paul is speaking to saints and not sinners.

4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

I see :)  This personally: It seems the closer I draw to The Word of God under the tutelage of The Spirit the more I see weakness and failure to be like Jesus in myself~ in the minutia of living it gets very pointed... I believe this to be the mark Paul spoke of while here in unredeemed flesh... always striving toward but never quite arriving...

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No one has a beef about desiring purity through confession of sins. It is the claim that we can walk sinless through this life that is troublesome.

That is my contention as well...

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No one has a beef about desiring purity through confession of sins. It is the claim that we can walk sinless through this life that is troublesome.

The Bible doesn't support that we can't. To say we can't is unbiblical and shows lack of faith in the power of God. Lack of faith will stunt our growth and make us ineffective in the kingdom of God, towards our neighbor and towards our brother. Eventually will be cut off and throw in the fire.

read John 15:1-6