scizophrenia

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi I have schizophrenia and have been tormented my mental illness and fear of hell for years.  Would you get used to the pain in hell? Like you know how when you reach a certain amount of pain on earth you get a euphoria? This is so awful to think about and I don't understand how God could allow a hell.  Why could God just have not created us and avoided this possibility?  Wouldn't that be what s perfect God would do?  

In torments, Tyler

Edited by Tyler22

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Romans 9:20 (KJV)

[20] Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

[21] Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

[22] What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Why not throw all of you down before God in repentance of sin and live?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Hi I have schizophrenia and have been tormented my mental illness and fear of hell for years.  Would you get used to the pain in hell? Like you know how when you reach a certain amount of pain on earth you get a euphoria? This is so awful to think about and I don't understand how God could allow a hell.  Why could God just have not created us and avoided this possibility?  Wouldn't that be what s perfect God would do?  

In torments, Tyler

It is a very good couple of questions Tyler.

Perhaps there are not a couple of good answers. Except that we may ponder the hard plight of a few that even our Bible tells us about, and their long hard and from my vantage hard to uderstand suffering. For what could be the point? I have to start with a few assumptions based upon my understanding.

God is sovereign.  God is also perfect. He is perfect in his  demands as He is perfect in His mercies.

So why suffering of any kind? Perhaps because God cannot abide anything that is not perfect. He cannot abide sin. His anger with Adam for the sin and the consequence of Adam's sin is a wrathful anger.

But God took on all that angry disappointment too! He took it on in Jesus. And Jesus willingly made the awful sacrifiice needed to overcome the plight that Adam put us all into as hiers of his sin having received life in a fallen creation inside corruptable fleshly bodies.

As to why do individuals suffer some so much greater than others. The answer seems to be to show the plan of God complete with his mercy. Like the cripple at the healing pool that could never get in the water first, there is healing to be had. The method of healing is to be found in Jesus at the time set by God. There is marvel in what God does, but would it be seen if it were not for the awful suffering of some that makes humans aware and in awe of that power that is God?

I Suggest that  not all, in fact very few serious ailments are of any demonic being, that instead each individuual suffers some ailment including mortality itself as result of the fall of Adam, it is in itself the nature each person inherits that allows for terrible ailments.

BUT there is hope too! No matter the ailment there is hope to be found at the cross of Calvary, because our Lord Jesus bore all those ailments so that many may be saved out from this fallen creation. God the Father has given Jesus many souls. Jesus has saved many, and those He saves He never loses!

To receive the saving grace provided by the sacrifice made by Jesus one must turn about from denying Jesus, to bowing a knee figuratively to Him as Lord. Then try to repent ofother sins is of course a goal too, but each of us still resides in this fallen creation and within corruptible bodies so we are not yet perfect in holiness. That will come but not while in this flesh.

Even  in disease, and in flaws in terrible mental and physical plights it is possible to hear the Holy Spirit and ask to know Jesus as Lord God and person savior.

I sugest that anyone and everyone ask of God, show me hear my plea help me to turn about  from my sin nature and be aiming towrd holiness under my Lord Jesus.

It is now my prayer that the Holy Spirit will come and provide you with the help needed to combat that which you suffer, and that the Spirit that is God will help you feel secure in eternity to come as a bondservant of Christ Jesus so thateven as you may suffer today you willhave knowledge of afar better eternal future withGod in the new spirit body that each of us that are of the flock of Jesus will inherit.  May God bless you with this security.

Edited by Neighbor