Mellrose

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I understand the concept of joy,I'm not sure how to get there or what it looks or feels like. My life really stinks on ice right now. I know why God wants us to be joyful and it not be from our external circumstances. But how do you get there? 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8 (English Standard Version)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Look for joy that comes even in the midst of sorrow. All of us go through dark times of various kinds, lengths, and severity. Our joy is in Jesus and His promises to us;

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." -- John 16:33

While in this world, you will likely never have full, complete happiness...and if you ever do, know that it will be very temporary. While in the darkness, ask God each day to show you things you can be thankful for and joyous about despite the difficult, painful things. My pastor often says "don't feel your way into doing; do your way into feeling." In other words, make the effort each day to try to stay positive, to be grateful to God for what you can, to have a good attitude etc. And the feeling will follow that effort. And don't feel bad even if you continue to hurt and suffer; it doesn't make you less of a Christian to be sad in dark times, so long as we continue to follow and trust God, and we don't let the sadness separate us from Him.

God bless!

Edited by BK1110