• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

From the Book: Ancient Apocalypse of Ezra: Called 2 Esdras in the KJV 1611

This is from a book featured on Prophecy Watch (TV) and the interview is available free in the AP store for your phone or other mobile device.  The author is Dr. Kenneth Johnson TH.D who also wrote books on Enoch, Gad the Seer, and End-Times to name a few.  2 Esdras was in the original 1611 KJV Bible.

A reader of the book will find prophetic truth in the listing of the Caesars hundreds of years before they entered the scene, all the way to the current war in Syria accurately predicting Russia's role in the war and the fact that Arab nations are coming against Syria too.  The viewpoint of Ezra (Esdras) is decidedly dispensational and premillennial in its viewpoint of End-Times prophecy.  Maybe the drive to support other viewpoints is what drove people to exclude it from future additions of the KJV Bible.  As soon as I finish reading my book on Enoch, I will be reading this book on Esdras.  I'm having trouble with my eyes so I can't read any faster.

2 Esdras 15:29 Context

26 For the Lord knoweth all them that sin against him, and therefore delivereth he them unto death and destruction. 27 For now are the plagues come upon the whole earth and ye shall remain in them: for God shall not deliver you, because ye have sinned against him. 28 Behold an horrible vision, and the appearance thereof from the east: 29 Where the nations of the dragons of Arabia shall come out with many chariots, and the multitude of them shall be carried as the wind upon earth, that all they which hear them may fear and tremble. 30 Also the Carmanians raging in wrath shall go forth as the wild boars of the wood, and with great power shall they come, and join battle with them, and shall waste a portion of the land of the Assyrians. 31 And then shall the dragons have the upper hand, remembering their nature; and if they shall turn themselves, conspiring together in great power to persecute them, 32 Then these shall be troubled bled, and keep silence through their power, and shall flee.

If you do your own research, you'll see that this is very much in line with what's happening now in Syria.  This book was never considered as Pseudo Apocrypha, but was quoted from by early church fathers.  There's a difference between the Roman Catholic Apocrypha, and the Protestant Apocrypha.  Portions were also found amongst the Dead Sea Scholl.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Save.One.by.Grace.

This book contains tons and tons of prophecies that harmonise with the scriptures.

Dragons of Arabia - Islam (that certain belief system)

Isaiah saw this too.

Not speaking of now, but after the Mark of the Beast is issued, and the angels sound, by the time we get to the 6th angel, the Kings of the East (Dragons of Arabia/Islamic nations) will stand up and attack Babylon.  They are against the False Prophet's system, and the system of Babylon. This is the start of WW3 at the 6th trump/vial.

Revelation 16:12   And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Revelation 16:13   And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Revelation 16:14   For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Just like God used the Mede's to punish Babylon in the past, he will use them again.  It is the Lord's revenge.  They will destroy Babylon's hardware, ...her concrete land.  They are cruel, fierce and very vengeful.  They will attack all the strongholds of Babylon, all the posts, and the gates (throughout the whole land/world) and will come into Israel crossing over the Euphrates that has dried up. 

Isaiah 13:1   The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

Isaiah 13:2   Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

Isaiah 13:3   I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

Isaiah 13:4   The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

Isaiah 13:5   They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Isaiah 13:6   Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Isaiah 13:7   Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

Isaiah 13:8   And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Isaiah 13:9   Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Isaiah 13:10   For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Isaiah 13:11   And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Isaiah 13:12   I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

Isaiah 13:13   Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Isaiah 13:14   And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

Isaiah 13:15   Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

Isaiah 13:16   Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Isaiah 13:17   Behold,
I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Isaiah 13:18   Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

Isaiah 13:19   And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah
(utterly destroyed)

Isaiah 13:20   It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. (no one can dwell there, for Babylon is gone)

Isaiah 13:21   But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. (the ruins of Babylon will become a wasteland, will grow into a forrest)

Isaiah 13:22   And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

13 hours ago, Sister said:

Save.One.by.Grace.

This book contains tons and tons of prophecies that harmonise with the scriptures.

Dragons of Arabia - Islam (that certain belief system)

Isaiah saw this too.

Not speaking of now, but after the Mark of the Beast is issued, and the angels sound, by the time we get to the 6th angel, the Kings of the East (Dragons of Arabia/Islamic nations) will stand up and attack Babylon.  They are against the False Prophet's system, and the system of Babylon. This is the start of WW3 at the 6th trump/vial.

Revelation 16:12   And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Revelation 16:13   And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Revelation 16:14   For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Just like God used the Mede's to punish Babylon in the past, he will use them again.  It is the Lord's revenge.  They will destroy Babylon's hardware, ...her concrete land.  They are cruel, fierce and very vengeful.  They will attack all the strongholds of Babylon, all the posts, and the gates (throughout the whole land/world) and will come into Israel crossing over the Euphrates that has dried up. 

Isaiah 13:1   The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

Isaiah 13:2   Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

Isaiah 13:3   I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

Isaiah 13:4   The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

Isaiah 13:5   They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Isaiah 13:6   Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Isaiah 13:7   Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

Isaiah 13:8   And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Isaiah 13:9   Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Isaiah 13:10   For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Isaiah 13:11   And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Isaiah 13:12   I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

Isaiah 13:13   Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Isaiah 13:14   And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

Isaiah 13:15   Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

Isaiah 13:16   Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Isaiah 13:17   Behold,
I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Isaiah 13:18   Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

Isaiah 13:19   And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah
(utterly destroyed)

Isaiah 13:20   It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. (no one can dwell there, for Babylon is gone)

Isaiah 13:21   But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. (the ruins of Babylon will become a wasteland, will grow into a forrest)

Isaiah 13:22   And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Thank you for your post.  You are exactly right.  Because we can reconcile 2 Esdras with Revelation, Isaiah and other OT prophets, we are not changing the meaning of any Scripture.  John, Isaiah and the Old Testament prophets used the best language they had available to explain what they were seeing in the future.  We don't need to stretch our imaginations much to see that dragons carried along by the wind breathing fire upon their enemies could well be understood in today's environment to mean attack helicopters and/or fighter jets.  God is letting us believers know that the end of this age is near.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
spelling and word choice

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Saved.One.by.Grace

You are welcome.  It looks like the book is written mostly for the last generations to understand, although some parts are very difficult.

I love these verses;

2 Esdras Chapter 2

34 And therefore I say unto you, O ye heathen, that hear and understand, look for your Shepherd, he shall give you everlasting rest; for he is nigh at hand, that shall come in the end of the world.

35 Be ready to the reward of the kingdom, for the everlasting light shall shine upon you for evermore.

36 Flee the shadow of this world, receive the joyfulness of your glory: I testify my Saviour openly.

37 O receive the gift that is given you, and be glad, giving thanks unto him that hath led you to the heavenly kingdom.

38 Arise up and stand, behold the number of those that be sealed in the feast of the Lord; (144,000, Rev 7:4)

39 Which are departed from the shadow of the world (have come out of Babylon), and have received glorious garments of the Lord (White robes given)

40 Take thy number, O Sion, and shut up those of thine that are clothed in white, which have fulfilled the law of the Lord. (will be the Firstfruits who followed the Lamb....only 144,000 sealed, no more in this group)

41 The number of thy children, whom thou longedst for, (144,000 plus the rest) is fulfilled: beseech the power of the Lord, that thy people, which have been called from the beginning, may be hallowed.

42 I Esdras saw upon the mount Sion a great people, whom I could not number, and they all praised the Lord with songs. (The multitudes, Rev 7:9)

43 And in the midst of them there was a young man of a high stature, taller than all the rest, and upon every one of their heads he set crowns, and was more exalted; which I marvelled at greatly.

44 So I asked the angel, and said, Sir, what are these?

45 He answered and said unto me, These be they that have put off the mortal clothing (sin), and put on the immortal (everlasting righteousness), and have confessed the name of God: now are they crowned, and receive palms. (Resurrection of the saints)

46 Then said I unto the angel, What young person is it that crowneth them, and giveth them palms in their hands?

47 So he answered and said unto me, It is the Son of God, whom they have confessed in the world. Then began I greatly to commend them that stood so stiffly for the name of the Lord.

48 Then the angel said unto me, Go thy way, and tell my people what manner of things, and how great wonders of the Lord thy God, thou hast seen.

14 minutes ago, Sister said:

Saved.One.by.Grace

You are welcome.  It looks like the book is written mostly for the last generations to understand, although some parts are very difficult.

I love these verses;

2 Esdras Chapter 2

34 And therefore I say unto you, O ye heathen, that hear and understand, look for your Shepherd, he shall give you everlasting rest; for he is nigh at hand, that shall come in the end of the world.

35 Be ready to the reward of the kingdom, for the everlasting light shall shine upon you for evermore.

36 Flee the shadow of this world, receive the joyfulness of your glory: I testify my Saviour openly.

37 O receive the gift that is given you, and be glad, giving thanks unto him that hath led you to the heavenly kingdom.

38 Arise up and stand, behold the number of those that be sealed in the feast of the Lord; (144,000, Rev 7:4)

39 Which are departed from the shadow of the world (have come out of Babylon), and have received glorious garments of the Lord (White robes given)

40 Take thy number, O Sion, and shut up those of thine that are clothed in white, which have fulfilled the law of the Lord. (will be the Firstfruits who followed the Lamb....only 144,000 sealed, no more in this group)

41 The number of thy children, whom thou longedst for, (144,000 plus the rest) is fulfilled: beseech the power of the Lord, that thy people, which have been called from the beginning, may be hallowed.

42 I Esdras saw upon the mount Sion a great people, whom I could not number, and they all praised the Lord with songs. (The multitudes, Rev 7:9)

43 And in the midst of them there was a young man of a high stature, taller than all the rest, and upon every one of their heads he set crowns, and was more exalted; which I marvelled at greatly.

44 So I asked the angel, and said, Sir, what are these?

45 He answered and said unto me, These be they that have put off the mortal clothing (sin), and put on the immortal (everlasting righteousness), and have confessed the name of God: now are they crowned, and receive palms. (Resurrection of the saints)

46 Then said I unto the angel, What young person is it that crowneth them, and giveth them palms in their hands?

47 So he answered and said unto me, It is the Son of God, whom they have confessed in the world. Then began I greatly to commend them that stood so stiffly for the name of the Lord.

48 Then the angel said unto me, Go thy way, and tell my people what manner of things, and how great wonders of the Lord thy God, thou hast seen.

I agree.  I am looking forward to studying this book in much deeper detail, starting, hopefully, this weekend.