• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, brakelite said:

The general consensus among contributors here is that the 1000 years to come (a Sabbath) entails an earthly rule. When I read the scriptures describing the state of the earth, no way could I equate that time with any 'sabbath'. 

Not a building left intact on the planet.

Billions of torn, shredded, mutilated bodies strewn everywhere.

The entire landscape not just altered, but destroyed. 

And then there's the constant darkness...

You fellas may think thats all fine and you are looking forward to all the work, but me, nuh. No way. This life has been hard enough, I'm looking forward to a true rest. When Jesus comes to take His bride home, I'm going with Him. I'll let Him do all the clean up work when He recreates this place.

Suffice it to say that that's not exactly how I see it and I don't think any of us plans to be here in our natural bodies.

7 hours ago, ghtan said:

On a general note, if the purpose of exegesis is to uncover what the biblical writer meant by what they wrote, how could they possibly mean what they were not aware of? Btw, forgive my ignorance but what is happening on Sept 23?

When it comes to cardinal doctrine, I agree, you try and determine intent.  I don't think the same necessarily applies to prophetic passages though.  How many old testament people reading Psalm 41:9 realized that it was a prophecy concerning Jesus and Judas?  Do you think David knew he was prophesying when he wrote that?  If he did know, how could anyone have possibly discerned that it was intended to be prophetic?

• Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.  Psalm 41:9

From what I've been told, on September 23rd of this year, certain heavenly bodies will align in such a way as to correspond to the sign of the woman given in Revelation 12, an alignment that hasn't occurred in a long time (thousands of years?) if ever, I can't remember specifically.  There are posts on this site about it and I'm sure that Google can tell you more about it than I can.

Again, to me, it's a curiosity.  Maybe something will happen.  Maybe it won't.  Maybe something will happen in the spiritual realm and we won't realize it right away.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

8 hours ago, ghtan said:

It would support your case if you could show where else in the bible the second half of a Hebrew parallelism is simply the first half worded in reverse order, thus adding no value.

With Ps 90, if “watch in the night” emphasizes “day,” it does so figuratively because they are obviously not literally equal. Now since that comparison is figurative, so too should the comparison between a thousand years and a day in the same sentence.

What supports my case, is the timeline of exact 2000 year periods, to be followed by the last 1000 year Millennium.  No need for pedantic quibbling over the two Bible proofs of God's time vis earth time. 

It seems people just want to brush away the scary truth of an imminent dramatic change to all the world.  Too bad, really, because that means what the prophets plainly have told us is ignored and leaves then 'in the dark'. 1 Thess 5:4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 7/24/2017 at 4:00 PM, Rick_Parker said:

One day is 24 hours. When one is talking about one day is a thousand years and a thousand years is one day, I believe that it is referring to GOD being outside of time and that HE can see the beginning from the end and that time means nothing to HIM.

Shalom, Rick_Parker.

Actually a "day," in Hebrew "yowm," is a period of daylight. It was the time period in which one could work in full sunlight in the fields. The "night" is "laylah" in Hebrew. The "evening," Hebrew "erev,"  is the twilight at the end of the day, and the "morning," Hebrew "bokeer," is the twilight at the beginning of the day.

There's no such thing as "outside of time." YHWH has created us within a space-mass-time continuum; that is, we measure movement of mass through space in units of time. Without time, there would be no movement! We are created beings meant to live in time, and there's no promise of being "outside of time" in the future (thank God)! Being immortal and incorruptible in resurrection gives us UNLIMITED, INFINITE time!

Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
KJV

This would become clearer if you would accept that the "soul" is NOT an "immaterial, spiritual part" of a human being. Rather, the man (not "his body") was created from the dust of the ground, God breathed into his nostrils the breath ("puff") of life (from which we get our method of CPR), and man BECAME a "living soul"; that is, he BECAME a "living air-breather," for that is what "nefesh" means.

OT:5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh); from OT:5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):
KJV - any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature,  dead (-ly), desire,  [dis-] contented,  fish, ghost,  greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath,  jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thyself-), them (your)- selves,  slay, soul,  tablet, they, thing, (X she) will,  would have it.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

OT:5314 naafash (naw-fash'); a primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air):
KJV - (be) refresh selves (-ed).

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

The "spirit" is the "WIND," for that is what "ruwach" means:

OT:7307 ruwach (roo'-akh); from OT:7306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):
KJV - air, anger, blast, breath,  cool, courage, mind,  quarter,  side, spirit ([-ual]), tempest,  vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y).

(That's "sensible" as "palpable," "able to be felt," if you will.)

This information is FUNDAMENTAL to understanding the importance of the RESURRECTION! We ARE our bodies; our bodies are US!

It's wrong to say, "We have bodies." 

So, that means that Yeshua`, too, is His body! And, we read this about Him:

Acts 9:3-9
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him,
Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
KJV

Acts 22:1-11
1 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you.
2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)
3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
4 And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.
5 As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.
6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me,
Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me,
Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
KJV

Acts 26:6-20
6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers:
7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?
9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.
10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.
11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.
12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue,
Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
KJV

Revelation 1:12-16
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
KJV

So, Yeshua`s face shines as "brightly as the sun in its strength," "above the brightness of the sun!" And, he, now immortal and incorruptible forever, the very Son of God, like His Father, will "never sleep" and "never slumber!"

So, when He returns to establish His Kingdom here on this earth, it will be ONE VERY LONG DAY! A Day that lasts for a THOUSAND YEARS!

I believe there will be a 7th Millennium that will be characterized by the Lord's Reign, but it WON'T be a "time of peace" for everyone! Paul tells us that "the LORD of the Sabbath" ...

1 Corinthians 15:25
25 ... must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
KJV

That's NOT "peace for a thousand years," unless you're talking about for the children of Israel and those who belong to Him!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

16 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Suffice it to say that that's not exactly how I see it and I don't think any of us plans to be here in our natural bodies.

According to the popular belief, Jesus is going to reign 1000 years in person, presumably right after the last of the plagues. The earth is going to look something like, to be honest, after reading the following it would be anyone's guess as to what it would look like, but one thing for sure, it will be uninhabitable. 

Isaiah 24:19 
 ‭The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.‭ Isaiah 24:20 
 ‭The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.‭ 

Isaiah 13:13 
 ‭Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.‭ 

Jeremiah 4:23 
 ‭I beheld the earth, and, lo, ‭it was‭ without form, and void; and the heavens, and they ‭had‭ no light.‭  4:24 
 ‭I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.‭  4:25 
 ‭I beheld, and, lo, ‭there was‭ no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 4:26 
 ‭I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place ‭was‭ a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, ‭and‭ by his fierce anger.‭ 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

16 hours ago, Last Daze said:

When it comes to cardinal doctrine, I agree, you try and determine intent.  I don't think the same necessarily applies to prophetic passages though.  How many old testament people reading Psalm 41:9 realized that it was a prophecy concerning Jesus and Judas?  Do you think David knew he was prophesying when he wrote that?  If he did know, how could anyone have possibly discerned that it was intended to be prophetic?

• Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.  Psalm 41:9

From what I've been told, on September 23rd of this year, certain heavenly bodies will align in such a way as to correspond to the sign of the woman given in Revelation 12, an alignment that hasn't occurred in a long time (thousands of years?) if ever, I can't remember specifically.  There are posts on this site about it and I'm sure that Google can tell you more about it than I can.

Again, to me, it's a curiosity.  Maybe something will happen.  Maybe it won't.  Maybe something will happen in the spiritual realm and we won't realize it right away.

Many thanks for the info on Sep 23. As for Ps 41:9, David was referring to someone who betrayed to him. Maybe Ahithophel. That’s how OT readers would have understood it. It was not intended as prophecy, otherwise we would have to explain how the disease in 41:8 was fulfilled by Jesus. The NT nevertheless draws parallels between the lives of David and Jesus so as to show that Jesus qualifies as the “son” of David because many features of his life mirrored that of David’s. It is typology not prophecy.

4 hours ago, ghtan said:

Many thanks for the info on Sep 23. As for Ps 41:9, David was referring to someone who betrayed to him. Maybe Ahithophel. That’s how OT readers would have understood it. It was not intended as prophecy, otherwise we would have to explain how the disease in 41:8 was fulfilled by Jesus. The NT nevertheless draws parallels between the lives of David and Jesus so as to show that Jesus qualifies as the “son” of David because many features of his life mirrored that of David’s. It is typology not prophecy.

I've always considered prophecy something that is fulfilled.

• I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’   John 13:18

Anyway, not worth splitting hairs over.

23 hours ago, ghtan said:

It would support your case if you could show where else in the bible the second half of a Hebrew parallelism is simply the first half worded in reverse order, thus adding no value.

With Ps 90, if “watch in the night” emphasizes “day,” it does so figuratively because they are obviously not literally equal. Now since that comparison is figurative, so too should the comparison between a thousand years and a day in the same sentence.

Both Psalm 90 and 2 Peter3 speak of the concept of time being of no consequence to God...His omniscience overcomes all obstacles that man is subject to; therefore if God can be so patient over so long a time as a 1000 years, we can be patient for at least one day through our confidence in Him.

5 hours ago, brakelite said:

According to the popular belief, Jesus is going to reign 1000 years in person, presumably right after the last of the plagues. The earth is going to look something like, to be honest, after reading the following it would be anyone's guess as to what it would look like, but one thing for sure, it will be uninhabitable. 

Isaiah 24:19 
 ‭The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.‭ Isaiah 24:20 
 ‭The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.‭ 

Isaiah 13:13 
 ‭Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.‭ 

Jeremiah 4:23 
 ‭I beheld the earth, and, lo, ‭it was‭ without form, and void; and the heavens, and they ‭had‭ no light.‭  4:24 
 ‭I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.‭  4:25 
 ‭I beheld, and, lo, ‭there was‭ no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 4:26 
 ‭I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place ‭was‭ a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, ‭and‭ by his fierce anger.‭ 

I imagine the returning Creator can renovate it with fire or whatever He might choose.

1 minute ago, Last Daze said:

I imagine the returning Creator can renovate it with fire or whatever He might choose.

Thing is though the Bible says nothing about any 'renovation' particularly as it would be of a temporary nature...

Isaiah 65:17 
 ‭For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.‭...thus clearly refers to far more than a simple renovation, as anyone would be constantly reminded of the former earth if there were still sacrifices, potential for sin, and constant evidence of the recent past destruction.

2Peter 3:13 
 ‭Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.‭ ...this is the true promise and that which ultimately is our hope:not a 1000 year temporary fix-up. The new heavens, after passing away with a great noise and with fervent heat and fire, is totally and completely recreated. Same with the earth. And when does that take place?

No where does the Bible say that the 1000 years is an earthly rule. 

What the Bible does say is that when Jesus returns for His bride, as has been demonstrated throughout Middle Eastern tradition, He, the Bridegroo, takes them to His home.

John 14:1-3
 ‭Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.‭ In my Father’s house are many mansions: if ‭it were‭ not ‭so‭, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.‭ And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, ‭there‭ ye may be also.‭