• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, again, brakelite.

God does NOT lose at all! Don't think of God "having to recreate the earth because the earth was ruined completely." That's not right. Instead, God takes this earth and RE-CREATES it as it was before the Flood of Noach's time as an improvement to this current earth over which His Son, Yeshua` the Messiah has already reigned as King for His first 1,000 years!

WE don't "return to the earth at the end of the 1000 years in the city...like a bride adorned for her husband." We never left! We "rule and reign with Him a thousand years!" It's not WE who are "like a bride adorned for her husband"; it is the CITY ITSELF that is "like a bride adorned for her husband." In Revelation 21:2, we read...

Revelation 21:2
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV

Later, we read...

Revelation 21:9-13
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
KJV

In verse 2, it is simply a simile; that is, it uses the words "like" or "AS" to link the picture with the object.

In verse 9, the messenger is using a metaphor; that is he is directly calling the object the picture. He didn't show Yochanan (John) a group of people; he showed him the physical CITY!

And, I just don't understand why you have to call the New Jerusalem, "the future capital [city] of the universe." It's just the future capital city of the New Earth. God is not going to re-create the whole universe! What a COLOSSAL WASTE OF HIS TIME THAT would be! The ONLY place that He will have to re-create is the surface of this earth and its atmosphere.

He USES the "death" of stars to paint the skies! He USES the bright atomic explosions on the surface of other suns to light up the stars in our sky! That's not part of the death He destroys for us; that's just part of His Creation!

We are going to have to agree to disagree on most of the above...although I did not intend to infer that the entire universe be recreated. I am a firm believer that we are not alone in the universe...I am convinced there are other places 'out there' populated by creatures of God...but unfallen. As God Himself and His Son will have their throne and center of government here, then one can rightly describe it as the capital of the universe.

I simply see no evidence in scripture, nor any sense or logic to the popular modern idea that Jesus rules for 1000 years on esrth to then allow Satan once again to mount a rebellion. However, for the earth to be desolate and the fallen spirits including Satan to be alone and chained by the circumstance of their inability to mount any form of resistance or inflict any harm upon Gods people due to their complete absence, makes far more sense both scrioturally and ligically. The broken down nature of the earth is not indicative of Gad having lost controlb but on the contraryb it is indicative and the direct result of His soveregn judgement and power over the earth. Now, after 6000 years in which man has oppisedand denied His laws and trodden upon His holy Sabbath, the final 1000 1/7th years of its existence will be spent empty, devoid of all natural life, broken and devestated by the last plagues. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

16 hours ago, brakelite said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on most of the above...although I did not intend to infer that the entire universe be recreated. I am a firm believer that we are not alone in the universe...I am convinced there are other places 'out there' populated by creatures of God...but unfallen. As God Himself and His Son will have their throne and center of government here, then one can rightly describe it as the capital of the universe.

I simply see no evidence in scripture (Really?), nor any sense or logic to the popular modern idea that Jesus rules for 1000 years on earth to then allow Satan once again to mount a rebellion. However, for the earth to be desolate and the fallen spirits including Satan to be alone and chained by the circumstance of their inability to mount any form of resistance or inflict any harm upon God's people due to their complete absence, makes far more sense both scripturally and logically. The broken down nature of the earth is not indicative of God having lost control but on the contrary it is indicative and the direct result of His soveregn judgement and power over the earth. Now, after 6000 years in which man has opposed and denied His laws and trodden upon His holy Sabbath, the final 1000 1/7th years of its existence will be spent empty, devoid of all natural life, broken and devestated by the last plagues. 

Shalom, brakelite.

Hmmm... Interesting. Then, how do YOU understand Revelation 20? It seems VERY clear to me!

Revelation 20:1-21:2
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him (tied him up) a thousand years,
3 And cast him (threw him) into the bottomless pit, and shut him up (locked him up), and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till (until) the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. (You may not understand WHY he must be loosed, but he MUST be loosed a little season.)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 (But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.) This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are (thrown in back in Rev. 19:20), and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV

You would have to do some MAJOR reinterpretation of this chapter to work your theory in! See, there's a GAP between the first 1000 years of the Messiah's Kingdom and the time when the Messiah continues to reign but passes the World Empire to His Father. Within that gap, will occur the final judgment, the Great White Throne Judgment:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order:  (0) Christ the firstfruits (This happened in the first century A.D.); afterward (1) they that are Christ's at his coming. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:4-6.)
24 Then (3) cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:7-10.)
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:11-13.)
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:14.)
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. (This corresponds to Rev. 21:1-2.)
KJV

THIS is the true nature of the Millennium. It is NOT a time of "peace and prosperity." It is a time a CONFLICT and CONQUEST! This is in keeping with the nature of the King during the Millennium, according to the parable He used in Luke 19:

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me!

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

Does THAT sound like a lovey-dovey King to you?! You're very much mistaken if you think this earth is going to lie in waste and be uninhabited for a thousand years. You do NOT understand either the prophecies about the Kingdom nor do you understand the LIMITED extent of the bowl judgments! You are one of the many who must guard themselves against taking a dichotomous (all or nothing; black or white) stance on the prophecies and against the ubiquitous interpretation (over-generalization) of the LIMITED prophecies!

Don't forget this: Most occurrences of "erets" in the OT or "gee" in the NT are NOT talking about the whole earth! They are referring to the LAND, particularly the Land of Israel!

You paint a very bleak future for the earth that the Scriptures do NOT support! The whole earth shall NOT be "empty, devoid of all natural life, broken and devestated by the last plagues." You don't know what you're talking about!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, brakelite.

Hmmm... Interesting. Then, how do YOU understand Revelation 20? It seems VERY clear to me!

Revelation 20:1-21:2
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him (tied him up) a thousand years,
3 And cast him (threw him) into the bottomless pit, and shut him up (locked him up), and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till (until) the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. (You may not understand WHY he must be loosed, but he MUST be loosed a little season.)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 (But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.) This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are (thrown in back in Rev. 19:20), and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
KJV

You would have to do some MAJOR reinterpretation of this chapter to work your theory in! See, there's a GAP between the first 1000 years of the Messiah's Kingdom and the time when the Messiah continues to reign but passes the World Empire to His Father. Within that gap, will occur the final judgment, the Great White Throne Judgment:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order:  (0) Christ the firstfruits (This happened in the first century A.D.); afterward (1) they that are Christ's at his coming. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:4-6.)
24 Then (3) cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:7-10.)
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:11-13.)
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (This corresponds to Rev. 20:14.)
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. (This corresponds to Rev. 21:1-2.)
KJV

THIS is the true nature of the Millennium. It is NOT a time of "peace and prosperity." It is a time a CONFLICT and CONQUEST! This is in keeping with the nature of the King during the Millennium, according to the parable He used in Luke 19:

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me!

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

Does THAT sound like a lovey-dovey King to you?! You're very much mistaken if you think this earth is going to lie in waste and be uninhabited for a thousand years. You do NOT understand either the prophecies about the Kingdom nor do you understand the LIMITED extent of the bowl judgments! You are one of the many who must guard themselves against taking a dichotomous (all or nothing; black or white) stance on the prophecies and against the ubiquitous interpretation (over-generalization) of the LIMITED prophecies!

Don't forget this: Most occurrences of "erets" in the OT or "gee" in the NT are NOT talking about the whole earth! They are referring to the LAND, particularly the Land of Israel!

You paint a very bleak future for the earth that the Scriptures do NOT support! The whole earth shall NOT be "empty, devoid of all natural life, broken and devestated by the last plagues." You don't know what you're talking about!

You are correct.

"The whole earth shall not be empty, devoid of all natural life, broken and devastated by the last plagues."

The Bible speaks of many peoples of many nations that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Zech. 14:16-21). This further limits the kingdom of the Antichrist to only part of the world and also limits his ability to kill everyone who does not take the mark even in his own empire. According to Rev. 14:9-11 no one who has taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell.

That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark of the beast and have not been killed, as taught by many Bible students. If the Antichrist were to kill every person who does not take his mark, and God sends to Hell everyone who does take the mark, then there would be not one person left to enter the Millennium.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

"And please don't chime in with "no one knows the day or hour"

No one does .... and neither do you son

It could be before this day is over, or years from now

The Lord will move when He is ready .... believe this