Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I'm interested in hearing from people who have spent some time studying the Millennial Day Theory.  Please explain whether you think it is valid or not and most importantly, why.  I think this warrants looking at since we are nearly 2000 years into the new covenant.

And please don't chime in with "no one knows the day or hour".

Thanks.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I tend to look at the entire thing as the 7000 year plan of God.  2000 years from Adam to Abraham being called out.  2000 years from Abraham to Yeshua .  2000 years from Yeshua's first to His second coming.  Then the 1000 year reign of the Messiah.  Mirrors roughly the 6 day week with a seventh day Sabbath. 

2 Peter 3:8 (NKJV) But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Confirmed by..

Psalms 90:4 (NKJV) For a thousand years in Your sight
Are like yesterday when it is past,
And like a watch in the night.

Based on the testimony of two witnesses (OT and NT), which is the prescription from the Mosaic Law for determining an issue, a day being equal to 1000 years in the plan of God is a valid argument.

The 6 day week and Sabbath along with the feasts/festivals are considered rehearsals (miqra) and appointments of God's plan according to Leviticus 23, it is valid to assert the week as it was laid out by God is not also a rehearsal or reflection of the plan of God. Many in Jewish circles see a similar 7 day / 7000 year plan.  With them, the  2 days / 2000 years before the final 1 day / 1000 years are called the "latter days".  Much in the way we would consider Wednesday as "hump day", with Thursday and Friday as the down hill slide of the week.  Many in Jewish circles also see a  reign of the Messiah reflected in the 7th day / 1000 years.

Not saying that it is a matter of fact, but it is a reasonable assumption, and fascinating to ponder.  And it doesn't set a specific day or hour, which should not be done.  But scripture does say we should be aware of the times and seasons.

Edited by OldCoot

One day is 24 hours. When one is talking about one day is a thousand years and a thousand years is one day, I believe that it is referring to GOD being outside of time and that HE can see the beginning from the end and that time means nothing to HIM.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

I agree with the 7000 year Plan of God for mankind. 

There was exactly 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, then 2000 until Jesus, now 1988 years since Jesus. Soon to come will be the "Sabbath" 7th 1000 year period of the reign of Jesus on earth.  This timeline is proved by the years as given in the Bible. 

Now,with only a short time left of the Church age, we must be ready for all that is prophesied to happen before Jesus Returns. 

6 hours ago, OldCoot said:

I tend to look at the entire thing as the 7000 year plan of God.  2000 years from Adam to Abraham being called out.  2000 years from Abraham to Yeshua .  2000 years from Yeshua's first to His second coming.  Then the 1000 year reign of the Messiah.  Mirrors roughly the 6 day week with a seventh day Sabbath. 

2 Peter 3:8 (NKJV) But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Confirmed by..

Psalms 90:4 (NKJV) For a thousand years in Your sight
Are like yesterday when it is past,
And like a watch in the night.

Based on the testimony of two witnesses (OT and NT), which is the prescription from the Mosaic Law for determining an issue, a day being equal to 1000 years in the plan of God is a valid argument.

The 6 day week and Sabbath along with the feasts/festivals are considered rehearsals (miqra) and appointments of God's plan according to Leviticus 23, it is valid to assert the week as it was laid out by God is not also a rehearsal or reflection of the plan of God. Many in Jewish circles see a similar 7 day / 7000 year plan.  With them, the  2 days / 2000 years before the final 1 day / 1000 years are called the "latter days".  Much in the way we would consider Wednesday as "hump day", with Thursday and Friday as the down hill slide of the week.  Many in Jewish circles also see a  reign of the Messiah reflected in the 7th day / 1000 years.

Not saying that it is a matter of fact, but it is a reasonable assumption, and fascinating to ponder.  And it doesn't set a specific day or hour, which should not be done.  But scripture does say we should be aware of the times and seasons.

I think it's interesting too, especially in light of:

• Just at that time some Pharisees approached, saying to Him, “Go away, leave here, for Herod wants to kill You.”  And He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I reach My goal.’  Nevertheless I must journey on today and tomorrow and the next day; for it cannot be that a prophet would perish outside of Jerusalem.  Luke 13:31-33

Its like Jesus was using the terms "today" and "tomorrow" in verse 32 to mean something other than the obvious.

Thanks for the comment.

3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

One day is 24 hours. When one is talking about one day is a thousand years and a thousand years is one day, I believe that it is referring to GOD being outside of time and that HE can see the beginning from the end and that time means nothing to HIM.

I agree with this but wonder if there is more to it.  I think its interesting that 2 Peter 3:8 is couched in eschatology.

3 hours ago, Keras said:

I agree with the 7000 year Plan of God for mankind. 

There was exactly 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, then 2000 until Jesus, now 1988 years since Jesus. Soon to come will be the "Sabbath" 7th 1000 year period of the reign of Jesus on earth.  This timeline is proved by the years as given in the Bible. 

Now,with only a short time left of the Church age, we must be ready for all that is prophesied to happen before Jesus Returns. 

Where do you start the count of the 2000 days of days 5 and 6?  From the beginning of Jesus ministry?  From the resurrection?

I think if we count Luke 13:32 as a reference to days 5, 6, & 7 then it would be from the beginning of His ministry.

I agree that the time is short and that our emphasis should be on being ready.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Where do you start the count of the 2000 days of days 5 and 6?  From the beginning of Jesus ministry?  From the resurrection?

I think if we count Luke 13:32 as a reference to days 5, 6, & 7 then it would be from the beginning of His ministry.

I agree that the time is short and that our emphasis should be on being ready.

From the commencement of Jesus' ministry, in 29/30 AD.  Luke 3:1-2    1988 years ago

Also note that the generation born since the 'fig tree budded', that is: 70 years since May 1948 = 2018, is nearly over.

Friends, expect dramatic things very soon!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

The NT writers appeared to think that Jesus could return at any time, even during their generation. They obviously were not aware of, or did not subscribe to, the millennial day theory otherwise they would have known that Jesus was not coming back for another two thousand years and thus would not have phrased some of the things they said the way they did.