IGNORED

Is Christianity the end or is there more?

Mike 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

You shouldn't say that Jesus supercedes the Law, Jesus fulfilled the law.

The Jews had a sucession of prophets so that shouldn't be anything new, but Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets.

Doesn't B'ahai in essence embrace all religions declaring that ultimately all lead to God?

Exactly on all points.    And on the last point that don't surprise me a bit.........it seems more and more fast, are coming to a pantheism all inclusive mindset

And it even has it head religion INTERFAITH.  MORE and MORE peoples and churches will just keep coming to this all inclusive mindset.
BECAUSE WE TRULY ARE NEARING the very , very last times as it was spoken of in the bible. and so its no surprise either

that more and more keep mocking at ones like me .   Just like lotts own sons in laws mocked him too.

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

It was a photo finish, but confirmation nonetheless :)

Good night , if it had been a horse race, it would have sounded something like........and it is YOWN by a nose length...................

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

LOL, truth only has winners.

AMEN SO TRUE but I thought the horse race sounded funny.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

19 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

So I'm at a party the other day and I meet this guy, nice pleasant guy.

He tells me he is following the Bahai religion.

He talked a fair bit about his religion but what stuck out to me most is that he said (basically) they believe that God continues to send prophets and they are following the teachings of the latest prophet from which the religion of Bahai comes from.

I can't help but get a sense of how a Jew must feel when I come along and say I am a Christian and Jesus supersedes the Law .

I'm not looking for a discussion about that religion but what I am suggesting, in light of "revelations" that have resulted in Islam, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness and others is that we discuss....

What makes Christianity different in that we can say "it is finished" Jesus is the final word?

How do we reason that?

I'm curious to hear how different people would respond to that.

Quite simply Jesus is the pinnacle / fulfillment of Judaism.

One way to look at the Old Testament is the LAW (10 Commandments) and the rest is commentary clarification.

Jesus is the POINT of it all. The rest is commentary / clarification (New Testament).

Once that commentary / clarification was finalized in both Testaments, there is no need for God to continue revealing new scriptures or raising up prophets when the Bible itself is the testimony and standard (measure) to go by.

Rejection of God's way is commonplace. It's the human condition since the fall of Adam and Eve.

Bahai is merely one of the many ways mankind rejects God's truth.

I'd rather get at the truth personally.

"...thy Word IS truth!" John 17:17b

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Quite simply Jesus is the pinnacle / fulfillment of Judaism.

One way to look at the Old Testament is the LAW (10 Commandments) and the rest is commentary clarification.

Jesus is the POINT of it all. The rest is commentary / clarification (New Testament).

Once that commentary / clarification was finalized in both Testaments, there is no need for God to continue revealing new scriptures or raising up prophets when the Bible itself is the testimony and standard (measure) to go by.

Rejection of God's way is commonplace. It's the human condition since the fall of Adam and Eve.

Bahai is merely one of the many ways mankind rejects God's truth.

I'd rather get at the truth personally.

"...thy Word IS truth!" John 17:17b

Hey JohnD,

In Old Testament times, man was in need of a savior. I've thought about how complex and difficult it must have been back in O.T. times for Gods chosen people. Keeping not only the "Ten Commandments", but the myriad of other Jewish commandments, feasts, laws and requirements. I believe the Bible even mentions it was a burden. 

If I understand correctly, sin offerings, the Priests and sacrificial blood were only "coverings" to temporarily "cover" their souls until the finished work of Jesus on the cross.  We're very blessed to have been born in the age of Grace.