Important question

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Why did God kill the people from Sodom and now He doesn't punish the sinners the same way? I think it is thanks to Jesus. Am I right?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, mat007 said:

Why did God kill the people from Sodom and now He doesn't punish the sinners the same way? I think it is thanks to Jesus. Am I right?

In the Old Testament God's wrath was a divine response to human sin and disobedience. In the New Testament Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. Today those who genuinely believe in Jesus Christ have had their sins covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. Born again Christians can be assured that God's wrath will not fall on them.

Our world will experience the wrath of God in the seven year tribulation. That could occur at any time. All those who are not genuine born again believers will go through the most horrible time the world has even experienced. All those who are genuine born again believers in Jesus Christ will go in the rapture of the Church and will not experience this wrath.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/24/2017 at 3:25 PM, mat007 said:

His Choice.   Actually,  anyone from Sodom that repented and lived righteously could have been saved with Lot (probably).,   like anyone who would have listened to NOAH and gotten ON THE ARK before the door closed would have been saved from the flood with NOAH and his family.

Sinners today ?  They will suffer A GREATER JUDGMENT, SINCE A GREATER THAN MOSES has come (JESUS).

JESUS came and died for the sins of mankind, to save His people from their sins.

THOSE SINNERS WHO REJECT THIS GREATEST OF ALL PRICES PAID,  die without mercy. A terrible, horrible judgment.