Salvation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I don't even know if I'm saved anymore.  At one point I thought I was but then went to a hospital and came back totally different.  Now I'm too the point where I don't know what I believe, think I'm reprobate, and highly doubt I was really ever saved.  I act totally different now and my behavior is horrible.  This is why I think I wasn't ever really saved, must've just got emotion, but never truly put my faith in Christ.  Now I can't stop thinking I'm reprobate.  Because I don't know what I believe, definitely not in Christ tho, and find it impossible to believe, which fits the reprobate status.  All I know is I don't want to go to he'll and life is miserable

• Praying! 3

• 2 years later...

First of all, I am extremely sorry that not one person here ever felt the pull from God to help you. I am really, really sorry.

You're listening to your own heart, or, you were back then in 2017. True Christians do not persist and continue in their sins, in fact, they begin to sin less and less, which is evidence of the Indwelling Holy Spirit.

And you are right in pointing back to your belief system. If that belief system is not in proper order, your ability to Submit will be erroneous as well. If we haven't submitted to God and His laws, it will be impossible for us to Obey, to do the right things and avoid wrong, selfish doings. If we find that we're unable to Obey, then how can we possess basic Adam and Eve pre-sin Confidence? And if we are not confident, how can we even think about sharing the Gospel of Christ.

Any chance that you have received this message and might be able to come back and respond? I hope you are able to come back. You are very important.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/25/2017 at 5:54 AM, Tyler22 said:

I don't even know if I'm saved anymore.  At one point I thought I was but then went to a hospital and came back totally different.  Now I'm too the point where I don't know what I believe, think I'm reprobate, and highly doubt I was really ever saved.  I act totally different now and my behavior is horrible.  This is why I think I wasn't ever really saved, must've just got emotion, but never truly put my faith in Christ.  Now I can't stop thinking I'm reprobate.  Because I don't know what I believe, definitely not in Christ tho, and find it impossible to believe, which fits the reprobate status.  All I know is I don't want to go to he'll and life is miserable

If you do not want to go to hell then you had better give your faith in God a second thought. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117

On 2/7/2020 at 1:38 AM, Thess said:

First of all, I am extremely sorry that not one person here ever felt the pull from God to help you. I am really, really sorry.

You're listening to your own heart, or, you were back then in 2017. True Christians do not persist and continue in their sins, in fact, they begin to sin less and less, which is evidence of the Indwelling Holy Spirit.

And you are right in pointing back to your belief system. If that belief system is not in proper order, your ability to Submit will be erroneous as well. If we haven't submitted to God and His laws, it will be impossible for us to Obey, to do the right things and avoid wrong, selfish doings. If we find that we're unable to Obey, then how can we possess basic Adam and Eve pre-sin Confidence? And if we are not confident, how can we even think about sharing the Gospel of Christ.

Any chance that you have received this message and might be able to come back and respond? I hope you are able to come back. You are very important.

I’m still here 

15 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

I’m still here 

Got your email. So glad you were able to come back! Wow, that is great news! Man that is great news!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/25/2017 at 8:54 AM, Tyler22 said:

God has made Salvation so easy, most people miss it.......God has PROMISED anybody and everybody that simply BELIEVES the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4.........WILL BE SAVED.......REST in that Promise Of God.....That is what Saving Faith is.....Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave......That puts you in the Body Of Christ— Forever Forgiven and Forever Saved.....Run from those that add to this Gospel with Dead Works and Repenting Of all your sins before you die.They are False Gospels That will shipwreck your Faith .And possibly a LOT WORSE......NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation.....please don’t find yourself on the wrong side of that Truth......God bless......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Please do not despair.  Many of the greatest saints have lived through times when they have questioned God's salvation.  Every soul must pass through two "nights", one the night of the senses, the other the night of the soul.  These are the final steps one takes on the path toward salvation.  It is the process of giving up our very own will, that which keeps us identified as separate from God.  Of course, I doubt whether you or I are at this point yet.  I know I'm not.  Perhaps your experience at the hospital tested your faith.  Perhaps it has caused you to take more seriously what it means to have faith.  Remember that faith is never blind belief in what is not known, but rather, a way by which we grow in knowledge of those truths which lie beyond the workings of our sense based intellect.  So, it's okay to have doubts.  We all have had them.  What is vitally important is to persevere in your attempt to grow in faith through prayer, meditation, acts of self denial, and very importantly, in acts of charity toward our fellow neighbors.  Don't worry about how you are feeling regarding your spiritual growth or whether you are saved.  God works in strange ways; often in secret.  Regarding your beliefs in Christ; read the gospels and go further by reading responsible explanations of them.  Read the apologetic literature and think about the possibilities.  God would not have sent His son to us making the claims He did without giving us solid proof of the truth of these messages.  He knew what questions and attacks would follow.  He loves us more than we can possibly imagine and will not allow you to lose your soul if you do not outwardly reject Him.  Work out your salvation with diligence.  I'll pray for you now.  I hope that you read this message for you.  God bless you.    

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 2/11/2020 at 2:28 AM, Tyler22 said:

I’m still here 

And? What happened in these two two and half years?:D

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180

Tyler, below are links to 3 sermons/article you might look at.

1. How to Come to Jesus, by Dr. John R Rice

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10522

2. What Must I do to be Saved, by Dr. John R Rice

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10572

3.The devil has entered me

https://krowtracts.com/tracts/391.html

John

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  987
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Tyler, it is God who grants us the ability to repent. Acts 5:31-23, 11:18. Romans 1:29-31, 2:4.

As we are led by His Spirit we will realize that some of the things we do are enslaving us in bad ways,

and will have a heartfelt desire to go away from those things. The grace we experience when we do mess up, will motivate us to not keep messing up.

We will not be sinless, because we will always have transgression against the Torah (eating pork, mixed fabric, etc...)

but we will be guided to be like Christ as we walk and grow with Christ.

"Whosoever transgresses (disobeys the Torah 1 John 3:4) and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, has not God.

Whoever abides in the doctrine of Christ, has both the Father and the Son." 2 John 1:9-10.

The doctrine of Christ has one easy summary; sincerely love everyone. Matthew 7:12, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14-24, 1 Tim 1:5.