• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I think he was more on the reformed side of things. But quite honestly even that is questionable. He was just a odd person who had some really off the wall beliefs. I remember growing up listening to him and I remember that my dad would just shake his head in disbelief and say, "Where does this guy come up with this stuff?!" 

Was he one of the Sunday morning preachers? 

I remember years back that every Sunday morning we listened to different preachers on the radio...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Was he one of the Sunday morning preachers? 

I remember years back that every Sunday morning we listened to different preachers on the radio...

He may have done some Sunday morning stuff. I can't remember. It has been some time ago. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.13

On 7/27/2017 at 1:13 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I have to look at it at home, over the weekend.  What Old Earth Christians have you read?

I have studied the first two chapters of Genesis more than any other section of the Bible.  I have believed in an Old Earth as long as I've been a Christian, 35 years.  Dr. Dake, Dr. Unger, and the authors of the Bible Knowledge Commentary gave me the foundation for my views that have only been strengthened over the years.  I reject YEC as well as Day-Age Creationism as being inaccurate interpretations of God's word.

Source: Answers to Gerald Schroeder

I don't have a PhD in Physics, but even with my BS in Mechanical Engineering I can see the flaws in Dr. Gerald Schroeder's arguments.  I do not believe God is a deceiver.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

17 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: Answers to Gerald Schroeder

I don't have a PhD in Physics, but even with my BS in Mechanical Engineering I can see the flaws in Dr. Gerald Schroeder's arguments.  I do not believe God is a deceiver.

Mechanical Engineering isn't and NEVER will be "Science".  If you would have said "Basket Weaving" it would have had the same impact.

regards

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

On 7/28/2017 at 1:55 PM, Ed J said:

Hi Everyone,

Here is evidence it is indeed 666:

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." (Rev 13:18)
Here we see the number 666 with the words: Let him that hath understanding "Count The Number"

"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory
over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name,
stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God." (Revelation 15:2)

"over the beast"(140),
"over his image"(131),
"over his mark"(139),
"over the number of his name"(256),

140 + 131 + 139 + 256 = 666

On 7/28/2017 at 8:40 PM, Jaydog1976 said:

Bottom line I don't think any of this is something that Christians should be involved with. While I do agree that more we study God's Word the more we find out who He is. That is the point. We are spending time with Him and getting to know Him better. Anyone that doesn't spend time with God won't know Him as well as they should. 

I don't know but my thought is that Gematria isn't something a Christian should get involved in. Gematria, from what I can tell, takes a man-made deciphering tool and tries to fit it to scriptures. This is just my research that I have done but thought I would share it with others in case they were wondering where these numbers come from. 

My goal is not to debate this topic since I don't believe this whole number decoding thing lines up with scripture. I just thought it was important to put the information out there into where the decoding system originated from. 

Hi Jay,

Did you not know that the Greek letters of " χξς " have a Gematria value of 666, and that is HOW the 666 number is derived.

And I have given you a specific example the number 666 being attached to a sister verse (one in which victory is attained).

(see my above quote)

Ed J

I know that certain numbers in the Bible have meanings but what I,m against of is that some people use the Bible as a fortune teller book  and think they can predict the future or read into it for what they,re looking for:(

I do believe in the  significant of some numbers..

I have to read the link you posted another time as it is getting late here...

Praying for the nation today ( and other days)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

Hi Jay,

Did you not know that the Greek letters "χξς" have a Gematria value of 666, and that is HOW the number 666 is derived.

God bless

Ed J

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 8/7/2017 at 6:16 PM, Ed J said:

Hi Jay,

Did you not know that the Greek letters "χξς" have a Gematria value of 666, and that is HOW the number 666 is derived.

God bless

Ed J

So I looked into this number thing a while back and found some things that kind of raise some red flags for me when I read and interpret scripture. First I found that this number code thing is something called Gematria. The definition of gematria is "a Kabbalistic method of interpreting the Hebrew scriptures by computing the numerical value of words, based on those of their constituent letters."

So I had to dig further into the definition. My curiosity was directed to the term Kaballistic which comes from the word Kabbalah. The definition of Kaballah is "the ancient Jewish tradition of mystical interpretation of the Bible, first transmitted orally and using esoteric methods (including ciphers). It reached the height of its influence in the later Middle Ages and remains significant in Hasidism. ".  

So of course after reading this definition kabbalah I had to dig into it even further. The word Hasidism raised my curiosity yet again so I went to find out what this meant. Here is what I found. The definition of Hasidism is "an influential mystical Jewish movement founded in Poland in the 18th century in reaction to the rigid academicism of rabbinical Judaism. The movement declined sharply in the 19th century, but fundamentalist communities developed from it, and Hasidism is still a force in Jewish life, particularly in Israel and New York."

Bottom line I don't think any of this is something that Christians should be involved with. While I do agree that more we study God's Word the more we find out who He is. That is the point. We are spending time with Him and getting to know Him better. Anyone that doesn't spend time with God won't know Him as well as they should. 

The problem is that I find that many of those hold to Gematria tend to do deny these facts exists can actually claim that they are irrelevant to the discussion. However it is extremely relevant and to use a very mystical system to interpret God's Word is saying that the Holy Spirit does not lead us into truth but we need a secondary man-made system to find some hidden meaning in Scripture. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Introduction: 666 or 616?

We are carbon-based life forms.  Carbon is a chemical element made up of 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons in its atomic structure.  Life is carbon-based.  We are all carbon-based life forms.  If the number of the beast is also 666, that would mean the beast (antichrist) is human (demonically possessed).

I completely agree with your assessment.

When One adds up all of the evidence for the Number of the Beast, it all points to Carbon...

666.png

In essence, it's "a covenant with the flesh" instead of God.

I.e. Transhumanism.