• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Maybe I would be more accurate by saying favor. 

Favor 

approval, support, or liking for someone or something.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, firestormx said:

Does God show favoritism? Will God give good things to one that he won't do for another? why or why not?

Romans 2:9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. 11 For God shows no partiality.

13 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Romans 2:9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. 11 For God shows no partiality.

Then will he do for another everything he did for Israel?

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Well those lacking responsibility will smart for it in the end...

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
(Luk 12:48)

maybe, but it's still showing favor to do something for one and not for another

5 minutes ago, firestormx said:

Then will he do for another everything he did for Israel?

Yes, in my opinion and understanding of scripture.  I think the real divide in how people view this is in regards to who Israel is.  To me, what Paul is speaking of here in Romans is in regards to believers, whether Jew or Gentile there is no partiality within the body.  So why the Jew first?  Jesus.  He is first, and it was through the Jews He was brought into the world.  Everyone who believes in Him, whether Jew or Gentile there is no partiality.  The same is true with the unbelievers, there is no partiality there either, both Jew and Gentile in that group receive the same judgement, by the law.

Consider who came to the promised land, it seems most only see Jews who came up out of Egypt in the Exodus.  This is simply not true, what took place in Egypt was God revealing Himself to all people, and Gentiles came up out of Egypt as well.

Numbers 32:12  none except Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite and Joshua the son of Nun, for they have wholly followed the Lord.’

Caleb was not a natural born Jew, he was a Kenizzite.

Numbers 34:19  These are the names of the men: Of the tribe of Judah, Caleb the son of Jephunneh.

Same Caleb, grafted in to the tribe of Judah, which is the tribe Jesus descends from.

Joshua 14:6  [ Caleb's Request and Inheritance ] Then the people of Judah came to Joshua at Gilgal. And Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, “You know what the Lord said to Moses the man of God in Kadesh-barnea concerning you and me.

Joshua 14:13  Then Joshua blessed him, and he gave Hebron to Caleb the son of Jephunneh for an inheritance.  14  Therefore Hebron became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite to this day, because he wholly followed the Lord, the God of Israel.

Joshua 15:13  According to the commandment of the Lord to Joshua, he gave to Caleb the son of Jephunneh a portion among the people of Judah, Kiriath-arba, that is, Hebron (Arba was the father of Anak).

So in answering your original question, God shows no partiality between those who believe in Him, whether Jew or Gentile, and that has always been true.  Now the passage you quoted from Deuteronomy earlier speaks to the difference between the elect, and those who are not, or believers and unbelievers, just as the passage from Romans says.  That is my understanding according to the scriptures.

God bless

6 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Scripture tells us:

that He is not treating us unfairly.

When I was a kid I was sexually abused. Then I developed Bipolar in my early teens. Had it 3 years before God healed me, Dr's say remission. in 25 years I've never had a relapse. during the time I was bipolar when I was walking down the street, I could hear people call me weird and a freak. this was the parents by the way. I won't get into the things the neighborhood kids were doing to me. Around the time I was healed, The Pastor and elders mocked me in front of the entire church over a disagreement over doctrine. So I left the church ( never really had a relationship with God )  and went into satanism. I figure I don't even need to go into how that turned out. about this time I turn 21 and went to drink with one of the few " friends " I thought I had, and he got me so drunk I could not walk then raped me. Later I had to prostitute myself to have a little money because I couldn't get a job. Another time when I was homeless I was trying to go to sleep outside and it was snowing. I remember begging God to kill me so maybe I would stop shivering. I've been diagnosed with cancer. Lost my kids. Had my wife cheat on me then leave me after I took her charges and mine on myself so she wouldn't go to prison. when I was in prison for committing Armed Robbery ( for trying to get money to buy food and diapers for my 1-year-old at the time ) I died. I should have drunk myself to death. Should have overdosed on drugs. While in prison is when I realized Jesus is real. That there is a difference between just saying a prayer and having a relationship with him. It was there in prison I accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior. But I ask you exactly what about my life is fair? what is fair about the pain and betrayal and hurt that has followed me all of my life? Why me? How is it fair for some to be rich and never have a real problem in their life, while I and people like me suffer almost endlessly? How is it not showing favor? What do I have to do for God to show me that favor so I won't have to be alone and hurt all the time?

How can you tell me it is fair? 

10 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

So in answering your original question, God shows no partiality between those who believe in Him, whether Jew or Gentile, and that has always been true.  Now the passage you quoted from Deuteronomy earlier speaks to the difference between the elect, and those who are not, or believers and unbelievers, just as the passage from Romans says.  That is my understanding according to the scriptures.

God bless

Ok, then how do you get in on God's favor?

Just now, firestormx said:

Ok, then how do you get in on God's favor?

Jesus, my brother.  The unfortunate reality we face in this life, is a fallen world, full of all sorts of wickedness.  Our reward is not found in this life, it is the eternal promise to come.  What you have endured is absolutely tragic, and though my life is full of hardship, it pales in comparison to what you have been through.  I can't answer why that is, only speculate.

Perhaps the answer is found in how you came to Jesus, would it have taken place if your road was different?  I don't know the answer to that.  Could it be that the power of your testimony and witness may reach people that no one else can?  I don't know the answer to that either.  I would offer for your consideration the story of Joseph, and the evil his brothers plotted against him, and how the Lord took that and used it for good.  I pray you find some solace, and that the Lord brings you peace in all things.

God bless

7 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Jesus, my brother.  The unfortunate reality we face in this life, is a fallen world, full of all sorts of wickedness.  Our reward is not found in this life, it is the eternal promise to come.  What you have endured is absolutely tragic, and though my life is full of hardship, it pales in comparison to what you have been through.  I can't answer why that is, only speculate.

Perhaps the answer is found in how you came to Jesus, would it have taken place if your road was different?  I don't know the answer to that.  Could it be that the power of your testimony and witness may reach people that no one else can?  I don't know the answer to that either.  I would offer for your consideration the story of Joseph, and the evil his brothers plotted against him, and how the Lord took that and used it for good.  I pray you find some solace, and that the Lord brings you peace in all things.

God bless

I've had dreams my whole life. So I find it a little ironic you would say, Joseph in the bible ( also happens to be my name ). He has come to me in dreams. Showed me I would minister. Showed me he had a wife for me. showed me many things. Sometimes the past and the pain just become so hard to bear. It's like I'm buried in a casket 6 feet under. I scream and scream yet nobody hears me. Sometimes it is just so hard to wait on him. Sometimes I wonder why he didn't love me enough to spare me all the pain. Thanks for the talk. God bless

27 minutes ago, firestormx said:

I've had dreams my whole life. So I find it a little ironic you would say, Joseph in the bible ( also happens to be my name ). He has come to me in dreams. Showed me I would minister. Showed me he had a wife for me. showed me many things. Sometimes the past and the pain just become so hard to bear. It's like I'm buried in a casket 6 feet under. I scream and scream yet nobody hears me. Sometimes it is just so hard to wait on him. Sometimes I wonder why he didn't love me enough to spare me all the pain. Thanks for the talk. God bless

Brother,

If you ever need to talk or just vent, you can message me anytime.  I hear you, as I'm sure so many others do as well, you are not alone.  We all have our moments in the valley, and feeling like you are alone in this world is one of the worst feelings to have, I know this all too well.  I am here for you if you ever need to talk, and you are in my prayers.

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

God bless