IGNORED

Do I have to be baptised in order to receive prayer answers?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi!

One guy told me that I have to be baptized in order to receive prayer answers when I was complaining that I have prayed to find wife for years and not received her. He told me that I should not expect my prayers be answered before I get baptised. According to my understanding, baptism is just a symbol of inward change. I would like to know what you think of it? Is it just an other false teaching or not? Is it required to receive prayer answers or not?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

It isn't as simple as that.

There must be thousands, if not millions, of Christians who have had prayers answered before their baptism.

On the other hand, baptism is an issue of obedience (it isn't just "a symbol of inward change"). If you are deliberately refusing to be baptised, then it's possible that unanswered prayer could be connected to your disobedience. 

But there definitely isn't a universal rule! 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I think Jesus is more concern with your heart and relationship with him, first. 

Matthew 15:8-9 (NKJV)

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
and honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

I'm not saying there is a problem with tradition or ceremonies personally. Just if you lack the RELATIONSHIP, the Tradition/ceremony is pointless.

We must remember the RELATIONSHIP is not just for asking (not saying that this is what you do, just making a statement), we must LISTEN CAREFULLY also.  We tend to want an immediate Yes and it may not be that simple.

Trust God, speak to him openly and Listen openly.

• Loved it! 1

Thanks!

In that case, everything could be result in unanswered prayers. What I am worried is that actually all of us sin daily. Not intentionally. But being saved doesnt make us perfect. It doesnt mean that we will never ever sin again. That made me question  that how can I know that God isn't intentionally waiting for first occurrence disobedience to happen to use it as an excuse for never answering the prayer? Like if you think of it that way: every sin could potentially block prayer answer. What makes the difference between those sins that are blocking answers and that which are not? Because in it's essence, every sin is disobedience. But other christians still seem to get prayer answers while I dont. And everyday something happens, even if I dont plan it because in this life we wont get perfect yet. So that made me ask, what is the possibility that I never ever receive any prayer answer at all in my entire life?

2 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

We tend to want an immediate Yes and it may not be that simple.

I have been asking for 4 years. I am not sure what to make of that. Is it wrong to want immediate answer? I mean I am not demanding God like "Give me this right now". No. But you dont mean I should pray "God, please give me this answer after 10 years"?

1 minute ago, LPTSTR said:

I have been asking for 4 years. I am not sure what to make of that. Is it wrong to want immediate answer? I mean I am not demanding God like "Give me this right now". No. But you dont mean I should pray "God, please give me this answer after 10 years"?

Pray! Pray for your wife and also pray "God can you let me know your answer?" Pray for both.

I'm just saying his answer may not be an immediate Yes.

It might be a not now, Wait. It may be I need you single right now for what I have planned in your life.

It may be wait, I have to make her ready for you, as I have to make you ready for her.

I'm giving examples, only God can answer you.

I'm saying just make sure you aren't set on the immediate Yes, that you miss hearing his Whole answer.

25 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

God can you let me know your answer?"

If I want to know exact answer to it is it ok to find some local prophet or someone with word of knowledge or something? I know God forbids fortunetellers and those who predict future. But what about digging out local prophets and going to them?

5 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

If I want to know exact answer to it is it ok to find some local prophet or someone with word of knowledge or something? I know God forbids fortunetellers and those who predict future. But what about digging out local prophets and going to them?

I personally would go to God. 

He will guide you to his exact answer. 

Keep your faith in him.

Trust in HIM. He has it planned perfectly. 

There may be lessons in the wait that he must take you through.

Focus on your Relationship with him. He should be most important thing then the rest.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Thanks!

In that case, everything could be result in unanswered prayers. What I am worried is that actually all of us sin daily. Not intentionally. But being saved doesnt make us perfect. It doesnt mean that we will never ever sin again. That made me question  that how can I know that God isn't intentionally waiting for first occurrence disobedience to happen to use it as an excuse for never answering the prayer? Like if you think of it that way: every sin could potentially block prayer answer. What makes the difference between those sins that are blocking answers and that which are not? Because in it's essence, every sin is disobedience. But other christians still seem to get prayer answers while I dont. And everyday something happens, even if I dont plan it because in this life we wont get perfect yet. So that made me ask, what is the possibility that I never ever receive any prayer answer at all in my entire life?

None of us is perfect; we all sin. We repent and confess our sins to God, He forgives us... none of that gets in the way of our prayers. And the idea that God might use some small sin as an 'excuse' for not answering our prayers doesn't describe the God that I know - or that Jesus taught us about (Matthew 7:7-11).

What can cause a problem is persistent, wilful sin or disobedience. Sin that we don't repent of.

But having said that, there are many other possible reasons for unanswered prayer. You may not be asking for the right things. You may have the wrong motives (see James 4:1-3). Sometimes God's answer really is 'No'... and we all find that hard to accept.

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

You could do that.. but it's a situation where you're at great risk of getting a false answer - either falsely reassuring or falsely judgemental. In my experience, we can't get prophecies or words of knowledge on a particular subject just for the asking, and I'd be very suspicious of someone who claimed to be able to. Now if someone in your church was spontaneously given a word of knowledge about your situation and brought it to you, that would be different.

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I personally would go to God. 

He will guide you to his exact answer.

How should I do that? When I ask in prayer, then no revelation comes to me.

Trust in HIM. He has it planned perfectly.

Do you intend to say that God has planned wife for me or just in general that God's plans are always perfect?

Focus on your Relationship with him. He should be most important thing then the rest.

This is correct. However, what should I do if these thoughts just come to my mind. Like for example when I go to church and see that everyone in my age are already married and seeing this makes me feel sad.  From the one hand I cant do much about thoughts and emotions - they just come. Sometimes constantly. Does this mean that God is not enough important to me? Would God use the fact that I feel bad for not having a wife to say that He is not important enough for me and then use it as a excuse for not answering me?

2 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

What can cause a problem is persistent, wilful sin or disobedience. Sin that we don't repent of.

Thanks for clarification. I would like to know, what about sin that you dont justify but still do over and over again? For example drunkard could come to faith. He would understand that drinking is sin. But he is addicted heavily. He tries his best to stop. He prays to God for forgiveness and help. He tries different tactics to quit. He has even tried AA. But nothing had managed to free him. Altough that drunkard condemns that sin and does not justify it he doesnt have enough strength to quit it either.

Would such sin be willful unrepentent sin? Or would God take into account that person is trying at least?

Like in my case one of my sins that I struggle is that I have negative thoughts of God. For example, I struggle to believe that God still loves me if He ignores me like that. I have seen so much unanswered prayers in my life that often I start prayer with already expecting it not to be answered at the beginning. I know that it is sinful. I know that these are wrong. I ask for forgiveness. But then after some time they are back in my mind. I have done all I can, including prayer, but these thoughts keep coming back over and over again.
I have thought earlier of what you said. I am scared that I would never receive this prayer answer because as time goes on the more unanswered prayers I have, the longer I have been completely ignored. And this all only contributes to my disbelief. I dont justify it. I am not proud of it. I am not accusing God in it because it's my disbelief, my doubts.  But it only gets worse in time even if I try not to be negative.
If that would become reason for not answering prayer, then tomorrow God would have even more reason, because by tomorrow I would have sinned even more with these thoughts. But since by tomorrow there is one more day of unanswered prayers in my life, the thoughts would bombard me even more. And then my fear is that it could keep going worse and worse and then God would count it as willful sin against me and not answer this prayer?

You may not be asking for the right things.

Is asking for a wife right thing? I can justify it with verse  that says that it is not good for a man to be alone. And with logic that if it was wrong thing, God would not have created different genders at first point. Also there is entire book in the bible that talks about love and marriage and even praises intimacy and sex in marriage. If it is not right to ask for a wife, then why is there entire book in the bible on this topic?

You may have the wrong motives (see James 4:1-3).

Could you come up with some wrong motives specific for asking for a wife?

Sometimes God's answer really is 'No'... and we all find that hard to accept.

That's true. How can I know if it is my case? Can I assume, that if God answers me 'No' that then He would also free me of desire to find someone? I have prayed for many times that if His answer is no then that desire to find someone would leave me that would no longer burn with that desire. That I would no longer feel sad because I have no one. Yes I have God (who doesnt answer me) but as humans we also need an other human. Yes some are accusing me saying that I should be happy as I am but if you were kidnapped and thown to prison with no other people around you, with no one to even talk to, your happiness would fade in matter of months. And believe me, if I were to tell you after 10 years of such imprisonment that you should have been content with being alone, you almost feel as if you were offended.

You could do that.. but it's a situation where you're at great risk of getting a false answer - either falsely reassuring or falsely judgemental.

Yes, both of that. I have seen in real life and on this site both people.  I have seen those who either feel sorry for me or just want to make me feel better and then prophesy that God will bring you someone soon. But then that 'soon' arrives and it turns out that they were never called to be a prophet.
Others are like friends of Job. They blindly throw at me accusations of all kinds of possible sins that I could have possibly done. Like maybe you've done this and that. Hoping that if they try everything they come up with, at least something hits the head of the nail. Sometimes it causes much extra pain when run into people like those who asked Jesus: "Why is that man blind? who sinned, he or his parents". Default assumption that if your doing bad you have sinned. That makes me wonder what makes my sin so much worse tha everyone's elese sins? I mean others also sin but they do receive prayer answers despire of it. What is that makes my sin so special that I receive this treatment? Now I made these questions out of desire to know. I didnt ask them to intentionally offend the God.