IGNORED

Do I have to be baptised in order to receive prayer answers?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, 101G said:

GINOLJC, not saying any is right or wrong, May I ask a question? the Lord Jesus did say be baptized, and he did instruct his disciple to baptize, now my question is this, "What was his disciple to baptize with?". I hope you don't use Eph 5:26 as the baptism which our Lord instructed his disciple to do only. 

The disciples baptize with the spirit of God on them and the instruction from our lord Jesus Christ...I'll elaborate on how this according to the Bible....And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Ghost;" (Matthew 28:18-19). These two verses have been mistakenly taught for generations. One mistake religious leaders make is baptizing people without teaching them about Jesus and His doctrine (teaching). Romans 10: verse 17, informs us that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Therefore, how can you baptize someone in a belief (faith), when the person being baptized, has no knowledge about faith? Contrary to popular beliefs, faith in Jesus is more than calling his name. It’s about knowing the name you are calling on. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Romans10:13-15).

Only a bible preacher can instruct out of the bible. Jesus warned us that many false prophets have gone out into the world; so, please, make sure that your preacher has been sent by God. You can tell the false prophets by their fruit (deeds); if they are not reading and living the entire bible then do not take heed (listen) to them.  

They (religious leaders) will submerge (bring under water) the same person three times, to uphold the commandment to baptize in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost. However, "Father", and "Son" are not names, but are a status to describe one's position in life; and the Holy Ghost is slang for the Holy Spirit. Jesus said to be baptized "in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost", so, let's find someone with a name that relates to all three. Jesus Christ said, "I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (John 5:43). This scripture informs us that both the father and the son's name is Jesus, because Jesus said that he came in his father's name. Jesus also, said; "But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26). The Lord has spoken! We are to baptize, and be baptized in the name of Jesus. There are no exceptions! "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts1:36-38). 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

18 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Wrong again!  Baptize yes. For salvation . , NO!  Jesus Christ paid the price! We are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone ! PERIOD!!

I already gave you many scripture TWICE showing you  that you err and you err dangerously adding to the gospel! You are purporting baptismal regeneration which is HERESY!  You pervert the gospel of Christ! 

YOU NEED TO REPENT!! 

The scripture you quoted  ie acts ,is about the Holy Spirit indwelling and not water baptism! 

Which btw, as I have already stated: You also err with how one should be baptized (immersion)  in water! 

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

No Other Gospel
7which is not even a gospel. Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospelcontrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse!…

I shake the dust from my feet.

Jesus says something very important in Matthew that seems to fly over some people head like a bullet..."For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20). The pharisees and scribes had a problem with the Baptism as well, they didn't agree with Jesus just like some people day. "And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30). So if some one is caring this same attitude or spirit as the pharisees and lawyers today, what do you think they chances are concerning getting into the kingdom of heaven. Let go into Hebrews 10:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

• Loved it! 1

On 8/5/2017 at 10:40 AM, Reinitin said:

We arnt supose to judge who will decend in to hell but we also are not supose to judge who will ascend to heaven. But we are to tell people the truth that they have to be born again. They have to recieve the heavenly seed and to do that we have to believe in our heart. This guy is saying he needs a sign. Bible says we get no sign accept the Lord. how can you in good conscience put a pacifier in his mouth instead of let him cry out to God till he knows Jesus saved him. You gotta know its only revealed to us by Gods Spirit?

AMEN AND AMEN! 

Speaking of pharisees: 

Is baptismal regeneration damnable? 

Yes, because it turns baptism into a requisite work in order to be saved. If I can point to my baptism as securing my salvation, I turn the finished work of Christ into a lesser part of the gospel. 

Is it damnable? Only if a person places their faith in their baptism and not Christ alone. Like any other sin it can be repented of and forgiven.

1Corinthians 2:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

James 3:15
Such wisdom does not come from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.

Jude 1:19
These are the ones who cause divisions, who are worldly and devoid of the Spirit.

The ABC’s Of Salvation

A. Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
B. Christ PAID your sins in Full – 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:24
C. BELIEVE(Trust In Completely) on Christ ALONE for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9, 1 Cor. 15:1-4
Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand! Matthew 4:17

“For the wages of sin is death(Eternal Torment In Hell & The Lake of Fire); But the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ Our Lord”. Romans 6:23

IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

GINOLJC to all. water baptism is the first act of SALVATION, meaning, Obedience to the FAITH. John baptized with water, and his baptism was of repentance. repentance is a change of one's mind. the apostle peter tell us clearly what water baptism is. 1 Peter 3:21 "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ". man's conscience is in his MIND, hence a good conscience  toward God, it's called "REPENTANCE", a change of mind. so water baptism is not a work, but an act of Obedience to the FAITH. water baptism is simply an act of Obedience. if one Love God, obey him. it is the first step in SALVATION, again Obedience. water baptism is about Obedience, and have nothing to do with the washing of any flesh, or any works.

as for the name of the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit, it is Yeshua, in Hebrew, JESUS in English. God have only one NAME. father, son, and Holy Spirit are only titles of the SAME ONE PERSON.

hope this help, be blessed. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I see a lot of new content has appeared. I'll go trough it later. For now I have one simple question.

John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

I have mentioned that I have difficulties with being grateful to God because I personally dont see Jesus death on the cross as something great. Mybe I am expecting some feeling of awe that I should. I dont know. To me it often feels that it's just a story. And I have difficulties with wanting God for who He is rather than wanting Him for what I can get out of Him.

I want to know this: could it be that what I described above is because Father has never drawn me? Like is it possible that one can come to God only for what he can get out of Him but actually never been drawn by the Father? What if I first came to God because I wanted my thing and not because I wanted or even knew to want the forgiveness of the sin? In this case could it be that Father has newer actually drawn me and I have been always trying with my of strength (at least it often looks as if I was trying with my own strength to be christian (even when I dont have selfish intentions in mind at time)). And that's why I am failing and having the difficulties described above?
How can I be sure that I was invited by the Father at first place.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

We arnt supose to judge who will decend in to hell but we also are not supose to judge who will ascend to heaven. But we are to tell people the truth that they have to be born again. They have to recieve the heavenly seed and to do that we have to believe in our heart. This guy is saying he needs a sign. Bible says we get no sign accept the Lord. how can you in good conscience put a pacifier in his mouth instead of let him cry out to God till he knows Jesus saved him. You gotta know its only revealed to us by Gods Spirit?        REinitin

I've not spoken to you in any condescending manner & I do not appreciate yours" how can you in good conscience put a pacifier in his mouth " I'm not judging this persons heart either way,I do not know his heart,,,,first he claims he is a Believer & wants to know if Baptism is requited & it sounded to me as though he was taught that by his works he can prompt God to answer his prayers,I honestly don't know what to make of it...the more he replies the more I believe he does not Believe Jesus Finished work on the cross was ENOUGH or as he says "not a big deal"  Well,I'll let you all take it from here because I will be gone awhile..... I certainly do not say he is Saved or unSaved......doubt can have a good foothold,the Blessed Assurance comes from Holy Spirit......he is carnal minded,many Christians are.......

I do hope you will all understand,I've lost someone dear and also have a friend who needs immediate help....God Bless,Kwik

• Loved it! 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/5/2017 at 9:40 PM, other one said:

Not discussing other people just yourself for we are all different.  I do agree continuing the conversation would be fruitless, just more than just that idea.  It is to the point that maybe God just doesn't want you to have a wife..

Yes, but it does not mean that just because one is not able to dedicate to God he is automatically not able to dedicate to wife. As I said some non-christians can be more dedicated to each other than some christians.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:53 PM, Reinitin said:

you dont see his taking Gods Wrath for your sin upon him self as love?

But where can i see this? I cant see it. It's just something that is written in the Bible and that's all. I just have to believe that if Bible says so then it is so. There is no way I could see that myself.

you say other Gods answer prayers? What other Gods? there is no other God.

Yes, Jesus alone can give us eternal life but it doesnt mean that there is no other gods. True, the other gods (demons) cant give you the eternal life but they can help you with things in this life if they choose to. The assumption that all prayer answers come from Jesus is wrong. People go to spell casters with their problems and they still get their prayers answered.

if God wants you to know him I image he says "no" to prayers that do not represent his charactor and purpose in man. exspecially when he has mad it clear in his word finding a wife is a mans purpose, will and work. 

This was bit unclear actually. So is God's will that I do find wife or that I do not find one?

On 8/5/2017 at 10:18 PM, Blueyedjewel said:

Someone who is reborn again does not doubt Gods existence.  WE KNOW! The spirit has testified to us that we are his children.Romans 8:16

Your problems are much deeper than you even know. You have zero faith!

Good to know. Now that I know I am not born again and therefore would go to hell anyway I wont bother praying Lord anymore but instead take wife from this world because what's the point for waiting someone suitable to appear in church if at the end of my life I would go to hell anyway.

God provides us with our needs and not our wants.

I have heard this. However could you point out verse that says this?

I would strongly advise you to REPENT of your unbelief right now!

But how can I if I am not convinced of His goodness or to whom shall I turn if I am not convinced that He exists?

By your words, you have no idea who God is!  

Well, let Him show me who He is that I may know who he is.

Btw I have one personal question to you: Are you married? If yes then why did you get married and not dedicate your life to God? If no then it explains why you pour so much bitterness in this topic. Btw you basically told me I am unsaved and would go to hell. Are you saved? If you died now where would you go?  Can you name 10 things that make you better than I am? How often does God reward you for you holiness?  And finally I would ask you: is your faith tested by trials to do you only believe because your friends/family believe? To me it looks like you have never faced trials and therefore you dont know by experience what it feels like. I'll pray that your faith gets tested if hasnt been yet.

By your words, you have NOT done that! 

Wrong, I have done this but it has faded away in time.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:06 AM, Bro.Tan said:

This is a clean verse from Jesus that needs no interpretation, says exactly what it says. If a person do not want to be save or want to be damned, then don't get Baptized. If a person wants to be save and do not want to be damned, then get Baptize. The choice is  yours.

That's wrong. Let's see what later part says. It says he who does not believe will not be saved. It does not say he who is not baptised is not saved.

On 8/6/2017 at 2:12 AM, Blueyedjewel said:

Jesus Christ atonement was enough. Jesus said it is finished!

Yep, that's what bible says. It's not water baptism, nor  Torben's witchcraft that will save you.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:26 AM, Bro.Tan said:

You can tell the false prophets by their fruit (deeds); if they are not reading and living the entire bible then do not take heed (listen) to them.

I am sorry to tell you that you are one of them. But the good news is that there is plenty of room in hell for false prophets (including you).

On 8/7/2017 at 2:40 AM, Bro.Tan said:

except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

No you are in error. Jesus means that your righteousness must come from God (Jesus).  Your righteousness will never be enough. Even if you do get baptised. But when you put your faith in Jesus, your righteousness does not come from your deeds or baptism anymore but from Jesus. And that's whats makes your righteousness greater that one of Pharisees, not baptism.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Yes, but it does not mean that just because one is not able to dedicate to God he is automatically not able to dedicate to wife. As I said some non-christians can be more dedicated to each other than some christians.

But where can i see this? I cant see it. It's just something that is written in the Bible and that's all. I just have to believe that if Bible says so then it is so. There is no way I could see that myself.

Yes, Jesus alone can give us eternal life but it doesnt mean that there is no other gods. True, the other gods (demons) cant give you the eternal life but they can help you with things in this life if they choose to. The assumption that all prayer answers come from Jesus is wrong. People go to spell casters with their problems and they still get their prayers answered.

This was bit unclear actually. So is God's will that I do find wife or that I do not find one?

Good to know. Now that I know I am not born again and therefore would go to hell anyway I wont bother praying Lord anymore but instead take wife from this world because what's the point for waiting someone suitable to appear in church if at the end of my life I would go to hell anyway.

I have heard this. However could you point out verse that says this?

But how can I if I am not convinced of His goodness or to whom shall I turn if I am not convinced that He exists?

Well, let Him show me who He is that I may know who he is.

Btw I have one personal question to you: Are you married? If yes then why did you get married and not dedicate your life to God? If no then it explains why you pour so much bitterness in this topic. Btw you basically told me I am unsaved and would go to hell. Are you saved? If you died now where would you go?  Can you name 10 things that make you better than I am? How often does God reward you for you holiness?  And finally I would ask you: is your faith tested by trials to do you only believe because your friends/family believe? To me it looks like you have never faced trials and therefore you dont know by experience what it feels like. I'll pray that your faith gets tested if hasnt been yet.

Wrong, I have done this but it has faded away in time.

That's wrong. Let's see what later part says. It says he who does not believe will not be saved. It does not say he who is not baptised is not saved.

Yep, that's what bible says. It's not water baptism, nor  Torben's witchcraft that will save you.

I am sorry to tell you that you are one of them. But the good news is that there is plenty of room in hell for false prophets (including you).

No you are in error. Jesus means that your righteousness must come from God (Jesus).  Your righteousness will never be enough. Even if you do get baptised. But when you put your faith in Jesus, your righteousness does not come from your deeds or baptism anymore but from Jesus. And that's whats makes your righteousness greater that one of Pharisees, not baptism.

Your wanting God to grant powers to you? You were led to believe faith in Christ grants you certain controls in this world? 

What your saying is you read scripture, hear scripture or possibly lies people make up about scripture and it is just a book. You didn't witness with you own eyes the resurection of the Lord from the dead. You have not seen the Lord participate with you in your struggles and you havsn't seen the Lord participate in answering for your church and people in your church?

You once believed a long time ago but you dont anymore? so you question is is christ in you and are you in Him? or is your question more like.

I am a believer, I have a testimony of the Lord. I wasnt baptised because I believe the once saved always saved doctrin that say's Jesus has done it all. When I heard the good news I confessed with my mouth Jesus is Lord. Believed in my heart (even though there is no evidence) God raised him from the dead, asked for firgiveness of my sins, I was told I was saved. I do not feel saved. I feel like im alone and I want a wife, God doesn't help me. Did I do something wrong? Is it because I Didn't get baptized?

• Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Your wanting God to grant powers to you? You were led to believe faith in Christ grants you certain controls in this world?

No I dont want anything special. I just want to be convinced that God is more than just nice theological idea in the Bible. That's all. Whether it's some miracle or something else that convinces me, I dont care. I let God to decide.

What your saying is you read scripture, hear scripture or possibly lies people make up about scripture and it is just a book. You didn't witness with you own eyes the resurection of the Lord from the dead. You have not seen the Lord participate with you in your struggles and you havsn't seen the Lord participate in answering for your church and people in your church?

More or less that.

so you question is is christ in you and are you in Him?

Depends. There are times where I can say yes your righ and there are times like right now when I want to know if it could be that those who are religious (be it christians or something else) just imagine that God exists. What if God actually doesnt exist but since I (want to) believe that He exists I say for things that occur naturally that it must be from God? Ok you can say that historical facts in the Bible can be proven and therefore  the Bible can be trusted. But what if people just explained natural disasters with God because their science didnt enable them to explain it in any other way than with God?

I wasnt baptised because I believe the once saved always saved doctrin that say's Jesus has done it all.

No, I dont believe in once saved always saved. I dont believe that just saying sinners prayer is enough. I dont believe that baptism itself saves. I dont believe that not being baptised I go to hell. If it's knowingly refusing of it (like I did) then yes it could happen but I dont know for sure. By now I no longer believe that not being baptised holds it back as you can see from the Bible where people receive their answers without being baptised. Some who got healed probably didnt even know that Jesus was God before He healed them. Now these beliefs are based on what the Bible says. They are based on assumption that the Bible is trustworthy. But if God is made up part in the Bible then of course these beliefs wont hold.

I do not feel saved.

Yes. True. Right now it doesnt really matter either. If I knew for sure that there is God then it might be different.

I feel like im alone and I want a wife, God doesn't help me.

And you dont know how horrible it feels. And then u pray for years and absolutely nothing happens then questions like I have are natural to rise. And only God can elliminate these doubts. All that you can do is tell me how horrible person I am that I dont believe in words that for me for now are just the theory. You can tell me that I would go to hell. But whats the use of it. All you can do is really just let me know that if I continue on the path of unbelief then I will go to hell but it's not in your power to do anything that would change my situation. I can read the bible 3 hours a day, listen to worship music 2 hours a day, pray 1 hour a day and still not be convinced that God actually exists. And even if I do sometimes believe that, then I have difficulties believing that He loves me. So basically I am going to hell, I know it, and I also know that there is nothing I or you could do about it for it is written: I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will harden on whom I will harden.

Did I do something wrong?

Yes that's the question. I know that right now there are tons of things you could point out but before I lost my battle to disbelief due to lack of prayer answers it was not that bad. It's difficult because people on this site point out everything that possibly could be the issue. And since I am not the prophet I cannot tell myself if what is pointed out is actual issue of if the one who points out something is like when Job's friends pointed out nonsense. For example one could say that I have not because I dont have enough faith. Then I would ask, what makes my faith worse than his that he got his prayer answered and I dont. What's the minimum amount of faith? And so on. And I dont even know if it is the actual issue or if the issue is something else. I dont even know if there is issue at all or if it's not just right time yet? Yes there are problems. But the wuestion is are these problems such problems that block the prayer answers thill they get solved? And if you think they are such that block prayer answers then I want to know what makes you so much better that you get answers. Humans are all imperfect. If you say that it's problems with my faith, then how can I be sure at all that it's ever going to change? Who guarantees me that I have enough faith that something would improve at all? What if despite of all my wants I stay same all my days and then still die and burn in hell? I dont have any complaints against you specifically right now. Just wrote my thoughts for you to know.

• Loved it! 1