IGNORED

Do I have to be baptised in order to receive prayer answers?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

No I dont want anything special. I just want to be convinced that God is more than just nice theological idea in the Bible. That's all. Whether it's some miracle or something else that convinces me, I dont care. I let God to decide.

More or less that.

Depends. There are times where I can say yes your righ and there are times like right now when I want to know if it could be that those who are religious (be it christians or something else) just imagine that God exists. What if God actually doesnt exist but since I (want to) believe that He exists I say for things that occur naturally that it must be from God? Ok you can say that historical facts in the Bible can be proven and therefore  the Bible can be trusted. But what if people just explained natural disasters with God because their science didnt enable them to explain it in any other way than with God?

No, I dont believe in once saved always saved. I dont believe that just saying sinners prayer is enough. I dont believe that baptism itself saves. I dont believe that not being baptised I go to hell. If it's knowingly refusing of it (like I did) then yes it could happen but I dont know for sure. By now I no longer believe that not being baptised holds it back as you can see from the Bible where people receive their answers without being baptised. Some who got healed probably didnt even know that Jesus was God before He healed them. Now these beliefs are based on what the Bible says. They are based on assumption that the Bible is trustworthy. But if God is made up part in the Bible then of course these beliefs wont hold.

Yes. True. Right now it doesnt really matter either. If I knew for sure that there is God then it might be different.

And you dont know how horrible it feels. And then u pray for years and absolutely nothing happens then questions like I have are natural to rise. And only God can elliminate these doubts. All that you can do is tell me how horrible person I am that I dont believe in words that for me for now are just the theory. You can tell me that I would go to hell. But whats the use of it. All you can do is really just let me know that if I continue on the path of unbelief then I will go to hell but it's not in your power to do anything that would change my situation. I can read the bible 3 hours a day, listen to worship music 2 hours a day, pray 1 hour a day and still not be convinced that God actually exists. And even if I do sometimes believe that, then I have difficulties believing that He loves me. So basically I am going to hell, I know it, and I also know that there is nothing I or you could do about it for it is written: I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will harden on whom I will harden.

Yes that's the question. I know that right now there are tons of things you could point out but before I lost my battle to disbelief due to lack of prayer answers it was not that bad. It's difficult because people on this site point out everything that possibly could be the issue. And since I am not the prophet I cannot tell myself if what is pointed out is actual issue of if the one who points out something is like when Job's friends pointed out nonsense. For example one could say that I have not because I dont have enough faith. Then I would ask, what makes my faith worse than his that he got his prayer answered and I dont. What's the minimum amount of faith? And so on. And I dont even know if it is the actual issue or if the issue is something else. I dont even know if there is issue at all or if it's not just right time yet? Yes there are problems. But the wuestion is are these problems such problems that block the prayer answers thill they get solved? And if you think they are such that block prayer answers then I want to know what makes you so much better that you get answers. Humans are all imperfect. If you say that it's problems with my faith, then how can I be sure at all that it's ever going to change? Who guarantees me that I have enough faith that something would improve at all? What if despite of all my wants I stay same all my days and then still die and burn in hell? I dont have any complaints against you specifically right now. Just wrote my thoughts for you to know.

I will share with you a problem I had and how The Lord Resolved it. When I was in the Episcopal church we took communion. The priest would hand us grape juice and say it was Jesus' blood shed for us. i would watch the cup all the way to my mouth then play with it on my tounge trying to be aware of the second He turned the wine(grape juice) into his blood. I asked the priest does it really turn into his blood? yes dear. it is a miracle He dies everytime we obey and drink the cup. But it is behind a curtain in the spirit so we dont see it. So i was ok with that till I read the emperors new suit. The dude was naked, ok? he was con'd into a fake wardrobe part of the deception was only people with wisdom could see it. So no one wanted to admit they were seeing a naked man. till a child yelled out your naked and the deception was uncovered(literally). i would read "and the Lord turned the water to wine and the evidence was the guests thought His wine was the best. Then i would drink the cup and think when he turned the water into wine it was wine. if he turns this wine it should be blood. i was determined in faith for him to turn it so i could see his miracle and believe. He never did it. i got kinda mad at him and asked him"how am i supose to believe when you are not doing what you say? an argument started in my mind, where did I say it? hmm i dunno.. Ill find it and remind you because you said "remind me of my word". i couldn't find it. i found references to eating his flesh drinking his blood, come together and have a super like this in remberance. oh and our attitude when we come together,  all kinds of scriptures about it but no where did he say when we do it he will turn the wine into his blood. So I humbled my self said "im sorry you never said it". I was 13 years old and I relised the question always in my mind became "has God really said that?" kinda of like the devil asked Eve. but, i was not gonna guess anymore like Eve did and like I did. because she got us all in trouble and I had gotten angry with the one who loves me so much he died to give me life. 

So my advise He is real, I walk with the comforter every day. Sit down and tell Jesus the truth about how you feel, what people told you, how you can't tell what is true and whats not and your loosing the faith you had but you need him to be real. And to really be your Lord. If you seek Him not a word our sign from him through us.. Apart from all the fomulas deceptions and sorceries done in his name. Im sure if you stop trying to talk and walk like people say you have to and just straight honest from your heart have a talk about how your feeling. He is not a respector of persons when you seek him for real with your whole heart with your real struggle being yourself, real doubts, real hopes, real needs for Him in your life not by some religious formula but as your friend. He will answer. If your worried you wont have enough faith to reach him. Obey a command:) he loves when like a child we just obey. Go in your closet and shut the door behind you and talk to Him. He will meet you there.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Lets take a look at a verse simple verse that needs no interpretation in  John 9:31  Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he hearethIf we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth of God, because we know that man shall no live by bread alone (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)  

In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus. Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts1:36-38).

So the word says to repent, before getting baptize, then when you get baptize, your past sins are gone, not future, and then, you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. This is the order, we just read from Peter, who Jesus gave the keys to the kingdom to. Clean verses from the word of God. peace in Jesus name

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

21 hours ago, Reinitin said:

So my advise He is real

But are you sure? Do you believe just because the bible says so or do you actually have that conviction in your heart? Are you sure that if something good happens it's actually from God and that you just dont think that it must be from God because its good?

Sit down and tell Jesus the truth about how you feel, what people told you, how you can't tell what is true and whats not and your loosing the faith you had but you need him to be real.

I have done this thousands of times. Often with unbelieving heart or unthankful attitude but as many time as I have done it wrongly I have also done it humbly. Still nothing happened. Bible says that God would have mercy on whom He will and harden on whom He will. If He did want to have mercy on me and deliver me He would have done it already. Now all that I have left is to simply accept that due to lack of hope I'll never manage to believe and at the end of this life will go and burn in hell. The only possible joy I could get is to have as good wife as possible and as good job as possible so that at least this little time I spend on this earth I would have some joy because I already know that Lord Himself hasnt planned me anything and therefore this life is my only opportunity to feel at least this imperfect joy that this world has to offer (which is not real joy but still better than nothing) because my destiny of hell is already decided and sealed by God.

If you seek Him not a word our sign from him through us

Didnt understand.

Im sure if you stop trying to talk and walk like people say you have to and just straight honest from your heart have a talk about how your feeling.

Could you add some examples of what for I should not try what I was told to do?

He is not a respector of persons when you ...

This leaves me with impression that if I do these things ... He will not respect me for that. Could you clarify please?

He will answer.

1) What if I do something wrong?
2) How sure are you that he will answer me? Like are you willing to offer me $10000 compensation for suffering depression in case I do everything you said and I still wont get my prayer answers? If no then you probably doubt in the Lord yourself and leave opportunity that He may not answer despite of all that I do what you instructed me.
Why I said this is that I have already seen many saying that He will answer me. But He never did. And then my last state is worse than first because I have hoped what I should have not.

If your worried you wont have enough faith to reach him.

Finally the truth. I am always worried. There is nothing but only worries upon worries in my life and unanswered prayer upon unanswered prayer. By this I dont have enough faith to reach Him. Therefore we have proven that no matter what I or you or other do I will die and burn in hell and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it because God will harden on whom He will harden. He has chosen me to glorify Him in my destruction. Just like with pharaoh was used to demonstrate God's power so also I will be used as a warning wor this world what would happen to those who dont believe. And that's why God has not granted me power to repent and turn from my ways -  because He needs me that way for this purpose.

22 hours ago, Reinitin said:

we just obey.

It's difficult to force urself to obey someone you dont even really know, whom you even doubt if He exists at all and who, even if He does exist doesnt love you anyways no matter what I do.

16 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

It's wrong teaching. Let's look at this verse.How do we wash away our sin? by calling on the name of the Lord.
This commands us 2 things: 1) be baptised 2) wash your sins by calling on the name of the Lord.
You can do the baptism and still go to hell if Your righteousness does not come from Jesus. Yes, baptism is command but it itself wont save you. If you dont put your trust in Jesus then all that really changes is that if before the baptism you are dry sinner then after the baptism you are wet sinner. That's all. I hope that you now understand that unless you repent from your works based salvation, you will end up burning in hell together with me.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

But are you sure? Do you believe just because the bible says so or do you actually have that conviction in your heart? Are you sure that if something good happens it's actually from God and that you just dont think that it must be from God because its good?

I have done this thousands of times. Often with unbelieving heart or unthankful attitude but as many time as I have done it wrongly I have also done it humbly. Still nothing happened. Bible says that God would have mercy on whom He will and harden on whom He will. If He did want to have mercy on me and deliver me He would have done it already. Now all that I have left is to simply accept that due to lack of hope I'll never manage to believe and at the end of this life will go and burn in hell. The only possible joy I could get is to have as good wife as possible and as good job as possible so that at least this little time I spend on this earth I would have some joy because I already know that Lord Himself hasnt planned me anything and therefore this life is my only opportunity to feel at least this imperfect joy that this world has to offer (which is not real joy but still better than nothing) because my destiny of hell is already decided and sealed by God.

Didnt understand.

This leaves me with impression that if I do these things ... He will not respect me for that. Could you clarify please?

2) How sure are you that he will answer me? Like are you willing to offer me $10000 compensation for suffering depression in case I do everything you said and I still wont get my prayer answers? If no then you probably doubt in the Lord yourself and leave opportunity that He may not answer despite of all that I do what you instructed me.
Why I said this is that I have already seen many saying that He will answer me. But He never did. And then my last state is worse than first because I have hoped what I should have not.

Finally the truth. I am always worried. There is nothing but only worries upon worries in my life and unanswered prayer upon unanswered prayer. By this I dont have enough faith to reach Him. Therefore we have proven that no matter what I or you or other do I will die and burn in hell and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it because God will harden on whom He will harden. He has chosen me to glorify Him in my destruction. Just like with pharaoh was used to demonstrate God's power so also I will be used as a warning wor this world what would happen to those who dont believe. And that's why God has not granted me power to repent and turn from my ways -  because He needs me that way for this purpose.

It's difficult to force urself to obey someone you dont even really know, whom you even doubt if He exists at all and who, even if He does exist doesnt love you anyways no matter what I do.

It's wrong teaching. Let's look at this verse.How do we wash away our sin? by calling on the name of the Lord.
This commands us 2 things: 1) be baptised 2) wash your sins by calling on the name of the Lord.
You can do the baptism and still go to hell if Your righteousness does not come from Jesus. Yes, baptism is command but it itself wont save you. If you dont put your trust in Jesus then all that really changes is that if before the baptism you are dry sinner then after the baptism you are wet sinner. That's all. I hope that you now understand that unless you repent from your works based salvation, you will end up burning in hell together with me.

Yes im sure. your coming to us for a reason to believe or a sign. half the people on here are still seeking too. Go to Him. He can prove himself. Seek your answers from Him. He has proved himself to me so many times in so many ways and Im sure has interceeded and moved on my behalf a million times I am not aware of. He isn't some far away God cloaked in darkness I have to beg to hear me. He is right here with me everyday, everybreath just like he said he woukd be. I absolutly have no doubt.

• Loved it! 1

How woyld i go to Him?

What if He isnt willing to prove Himself to me because He has already decuded not to give mercy on me? Or vecse my faith is too llittle?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

How woyld i go to Him?

What if He isnt willing to prove Himself to me because He has already decuded not to give mercy on me? Or vecse my faith is too llittle?

If that's the case you're just messed over .

• Loved it! 1

On 8/21/2017 at 2:15 PM, LPTSTR said:

Didnt understand.

Jesus says in Matthew 9:13   But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. When one repent and turn from their evil ways understand thats its a day to day process, just like becoming a sinner. Paul say in Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? Hang on to this word of God and his word fill you up to obedience. Like Paul say in Romans 13: 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Pay close attention to what Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 9:4  For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. As lone as you are breathing or breath is in your nostril, there is hope. Paul say in Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. So if we do right and have patience, then right will come and visit us.

Lets go into Deuteronomy 30: 10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 11 ¶ For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it15 ¶ See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; 16 In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. We fall, but we get back up, we fall, but we get up and continue. Don't let the lake of fire become a option. Lets go into Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

• Loved it! 1

On 8/23/2017 at 0:33 AM, other one said:

If that's the case you're just messed over .

What shall I do then?

On 8/23/2017 at 2:47 AM, Bro.Tan said:

Don't let the lake of fire become a option.

I agree with that. But it is not in my power to force God to have mercy on me. He will have mercy on whom he will.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

What shall I do then?

I agree with that. But it is not in my power to force God to have mercy on me. He will have mercy on whom he will.

Well, if God has decided not to give you grace then you have no choice but to die and go to hell....    However since he has told us that he really wishes for us all to be saved, and considering that you really are bothered about it I think I can safely say that is not the case here that God has given up on you.....    if you were truly reprobate then you would not give any of this a second thought.

But to tell you how to believe, I am sorry but I just don't have the words to give you.

I personally went past believe to knowing really fast when I met the devil.....   and Jesus snatched me out of his grasp...     so from my personal experience I didn't really have to just believe....   but I can't say that I would recommend that approach.   Your problem is kind of above my head.....     it might help for you to read the Bible several times and get a grasp of how it all fits together considering it was penned over thousands of years by several people and yet it all fits together and has from the beginning told people what would happen in the future....   and so far it's happened or happening...   that would have given me a pretty big push...

• Loved it! 1

21 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

What shall I do then?

The fact that you are still breathing is a form of mercy from God. Paul say in Titus 3: 4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

So the Lord did his part of the work and and set the path for us to walk and showed example. Because a christian is being Christ like. Now we have to do our part and first repent and change our ways of worldly thinking and become more spiritual minded. Paul say in Romans 8: 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Jesus said in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Understand brothers and sisters that the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, is included in the commandments as well.  Lets go into Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life

• Loved it! 1