• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all,

In christianity, Jesus said that there will be Comforter to come after his ascension. And he already said that he will do some works. But, I currently read a book which assummed Muhammad as the Comforter. The author gave me strong explanations that Muhammad is the Comforter.

What do you think about that?

Can you give me more explanations about the Comforter

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Randy,

I removed your link to the book so you know.  As far as the comforter, the Bible is the best reference to the answers to that question.

Joh 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

Joh_15:26  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 

Joh 14:16  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
Joh 14:17  even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

The Bible clearly defines who the comforter is -- and it's NOT A MAN! :)

When are "counterfeits" made?  BEFORE or AFTER the truth?  Always AFTER the truth.  Islam is a "counterfeit" religion as it manipulated what the truth is -- and counterfeited what the Lord said would take place in the last days.

Mat 24:11  And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.
Mat 24:12  And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.
Mat 24:13  But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Mat 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

May the Lord bless you as you seek the truth,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

17 hours ago, Randy mac said:

Hello all,

In christianity, Jesus said that there will be Comforter to come after his ascension. And he already said that he will do some works. But, I currently read a book which assummed Muhammad as the Comforter. The author gave me strong explanations that Muhammad is the Comforter.

What do you think about that?

Can you give me more explanations about the Comforter

Mohammad was just an Arab who invented a 'religion'; he was a False Prophet.  The Comforter who came after Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I will assume your question as innocent and you post without knowledge but it is borderline blasphemous.

The identity of the comforter is clearly explained in the scriptures as being the Holy Spirit who is God or the third person of the Trinity. (John 14:16)

No mere man could possibly be the comforter, as this entity is with every believer who has received Jesus Christ as their lord and savior and lives inside of us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

As other's have said, the Holy Spirit was/is the comforter. Islam is a corrupted mish-mash of Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, and several other things. Mohammed was illiterate and simply incorporated bits and pieces of the various religious teaching he heard by ear in his youth. After the Meccans rejected him and kicked him out of Mecca, he moved to Medina, a Jewish town, and slowly took over, becoming a military and political leader as much as he was a religious one.

It only takes one conversation with a born and raised Muslim to know how messed up their theology is. For example, they seriously believe that Christians believe the trinity is God, Mary, and their son, Jesus, born from literal, physical intimate relations between God and Mary.

Look up "Mohammed’s History: Exposing Islam’s Hidden Truths of Radical Muslims (William Federer)" on Youtube and you'll get the complete story of Mohammed, his encounters with a demon that led him to begin Islam, and a brief overview of the entire history of the religion and all the wars it's been responsible for.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Shallom! I could go on and on about this, but i would just say this: Try comparing the life of Prophet Muhammad with Jesus; their personalities, characteristics, their spoken words and actions. Then judge for yourself who the Comforter is or is from. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Though this question has been answered to death, I have one perspective not yet covered: When Jesus arose from the dead and ascended to heaven, according to Acts 2, the Holy Spirit fell in miraculous signs and wonders. Today, when we visit the tomb of Jesus, it is an empty one. No one has ever found Jesus' body....which is appropriate since He physically resurrected. When Muslims make their annual pilgrimage to Mecca, they visit the tomb of the Prophet Mohammed; that tomb is NOT empty. How can Modammed be dead and yet serve as the Comforter to all believers? I suspect the book that was read WAS compelling, but it was not truth, nor was it based upon the Bible, the Word of God.

While it is okay for a Christian to study topics like this, one must remember that each believer is first responsible to be secure in their own relationship to Jesus BEFORE looking at other doctrines and religious mumbo-jumbo.

Blessings.