Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

Are they going to kick out all that are in now?

Guest shiloh357

Those serving currently in the military who are transgender should be honorably discharged and a clean record from the military any and all earned benefits from their time in service and any help the military can provide to finding good jobs in the civilian workforce.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I think this is a wise decision.  I've read a lot about the hormone treatments and the like that transgenders go through and it promotes depression and major mood disorders.  The military has one job....to kill the enemy.  It should not be used as a petri dish to experiment with social issues and the taxpayer should NOT be paying for gender reassignment surgery which can run as high as $100,000.  Then there is the problem of housing those who have not had the surgery; where do you put them?  It's just best to not hinder the military for the sake of 0.3% of the population.  Some of whom, from what I read, joined to get the surgery paid for after the Bradley/Chelsea Manning thing.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I really don't see how this can hold up when challenged in the courts, which it surely will be.

Guest Teditis

Transgender ppl often need ongoing drug-therapy (like hormones and whatnot) to keep the procedure from

reverting back to the original gender. Personally, I don't think that the military should have the burden of the

costs and procedures to keep that going on.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I really don't see how this can hold up when challenged in the courts, which it surely will be.

The military isn't subject to typical civilian court jurisdiction. That's why they don't have to abide labor laws, etc. They can basically set any guidelines they want, really.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Transgender ppl often need ongoing drug-therapy (like hormones and whatnot) to keep the procedure from

reverting back to the original gender. Personally, I don't think that the military should have the burden of the

costs and procedures to keep that going on.

I agree the military should not be footing the cost of the procedures or drugs.  Not sure I agree with banning them totally. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

The military isn't subject to typical civilian court jurisdiction. That's why they don't have to abide labor laws, etc. They can basically set any guidelines they want, really.

Yes, but at one time homosexuals weren't allowed in the military either and that was done away with as well.  I just don't see this turning out any differently is all, this is the world we live in.

10 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Yes, but at one time homosexuals weren't allowed in the military either and that was done away with as well.  I just don't see this turning out any differently is all, this is the world we live in.

Homosexuals dont require all kinds of expensive therapy and they dont ask the gov to pay for a sex change. I see the two "groups" as entirely set apart on these two criteria alone.