• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

13 hours ago, da_man1974 said:

I agree with a lot of what you have said here.  I personally don't/won't be at the wedding.  My wife wanted to kind of go just for the relationship to her sister.  This issue as well as many others is why I have refused to have really any relationship now with her sister (which is a whole other story).

I don't really think having the stepsister admit what she does was wrong.  It's more of her acknowledging it.  She sent a text to our niece that said something to the effect of I was wrong so can we just never talk about this again.  Our niece contacted the stepsister to ask if they could get together and talk about it.  She told her that she doesn't want to talk about it and doesn't see why she (our niece) can't just forget about it and move on.

The family seems to know what happened but it seems they are taking it out on our niece and telling her that she just needs to get over it and move on.  They have told our niece on many occasions that they don't want her attending family events if she can't just act normal like nothing has happened.  I think our niece would have an easier time with forgiving if the family would recognize that she isn't the one to blame in the relationship.  They are not letting her attend family functions but are basically accepting the step sister with open arms as if nothing ever happened.  That is kinda where the struggle is for my wife and I as well.

The husband does accept that he was wrong.  He has confessed everything to our niece and is taking good steps to rebuild trust and the relationship.  He is attending a men's group at their church and has a few different men from their church holding him accountable.

Still praying!

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,741
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Praying that you all find peace 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I will pray for your niece and her husband, da man.  That being said, no one knows the real story here so....if I was in your position, I would be supportive of the niece and stay out of all the rest of it.  I, personally, would never  touch others' marital problems with a ten foot pole.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

6 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I will pray for your niece and her husband, da man.  That being said, no one knows the real story here so....if I was in your position, I would be supportive of the niece and stay out of all the rest of it.  I, personally, would never  touch others' marital problems with a ten foot pole.

Yeah i agree. I am just letting him know if he wants to pray or needs accountability i will help. Just trying to be a christian support for him

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

Still praying.

• Loved it! 1