hell

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

i promise this will be the last question i ask here, as i realize i am asking in the one forum.  i will say though at one time i thought i loved God, but my life has just one big series of unfortunate events.   i am just asking in hell, (you know how on earth a certain amount of pain gives you a sort of high?) will it be so painful that you would get high off it?  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/26/2017 at 5:40 PM, Tyler22 said:

i promise this will be the last question i ask here, as i realize i am asking in the one forum.  i will say though at one time i thought i loved God, but my life has just one big series of unfortunate events.   i am just asking in hell, (you know how on earth a certain amount of pain gives you a sort of high?) will it be so painful that you would get high off it?  

Hi Tyler,

May I suggest for consideration that  people do to some great extent become or consist of what they spend most of their time on. If it is pain they will become pained. If it is  lying, cheating, stealing, they will become lying, cheating, thieves.  

But; if a person spends time seeking out just the word love, just that one word everywhere it is found in the Bible that too will become what the person is, and that person will share love of God abundantly, and have no time for what is counterfeit, counter productive,  and disruptive of the mind and spirit.

Seek love - find love - share love - be love, just  as God is Love and is beloved by His own.

"God Is Love

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us." A beginning of the search for love throughout the Bible, to rejoice in and share and become.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/26/2017 at 4:40 PM, Tyler22 said:

Suffering isn't a high.

I imagine the greatest suffering will be how close unbelievers were to eternal salvation but they rejected it.

And all the riches in the world were not required.

Just simple faith.

Ever live down a bad decision?

Can eat you alive if you allow it. Huh.

No, there will be no nerves going to sleep (like burn victims) or endorphins to quell pain (the high you mentioned) 

torment will be the greatest suffering.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The rich man did not go to hell. He was in sheol. In any case, it's a parable.