How can this be just

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all, We have in Australia a large number of Catholic priests ( and other ministers of faith ) including cardinal Pell convicted or charged with child sexual abuse. Any of these people can repent and ask God for forgiveness and they will be saved and go to heaven but any of the victims who probably have become negative about Christianity and have dropped their faith are destined to Hell. How can this be fair and right. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

In the eyes of the world, it is not.  In Gods eyes, it is.  Let's did a little deeper in your question.

1. Those who committed the sin were not following God in any way.  I cannot say if they were saved or not, but that their action did  not reflect His ways.
  2. To understand why they would be forgiven, you need to understand what true repentance is.  True repentance is not just saying you are sorry like a reluctant child does when they are caught doing something wrong.  True repentance comes with a full turning of the heart, mind and actions.  Turning 100% from sin and seeking to do His will.  When God sees the repentant heart, He accepts the repentance and forgives them.  I believe if God sees just spoken words and no real repentance, He does not forgive as they really didn't mean it.  Those who only speak the words and do not follow up in action remain in their sin.
  3. Those who were the victims, if they reject God due to an action of another person, they really did not know God in the first place and need to have a personal relationship with Him to fully understand.  All they are doing is looking at the actions of a person and blaming God for what they did.  They have no true understanding of free will and His will.
  4. Those who are the victims need to have others that are His true followers speak to them in love, explaining how some who claim to be followers of God may not be true followers, but wolves in sheep clothing.  So many today claim to be His followers, but are not.  They just claim the title without following His will for their lives.

Hope this starts a conversation so you can better understand why God forgives some and not others.  The short of it is, it is the heart of the person.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

How can this be fair and right.

Blessings kabwell

As both my Brothers have said.....it is not,not  by mans standards              How is it fair or right that Jesus took the place & the punishment of that wicked evil doer?How is it fair or right that we Receive unmerited favor & undeserved Grace that any of us be Saved,we are not worthy?I know I am not but I am in Christ.....I think justice & fairness are 2 completely different  things anyway plus(God Forbid) these people do not turn from their wicked ways & repent.....I don't see any sin,even mass murder warranting eternal torment in hell    Maybe 100yrs,1000 or even 10,000 ....but forever? That doesn't seem fair either but it is "just" because they don't go to hell for murder,they go because they choose to reject God                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1